wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Macro's/weight loss help?

Okay long story short, i train 5 days a week of no more than an hour in the gym and my macros are 268c/238p/55f (40/40/20) this i have managed to workout are for cutting/losing weight and i have been using these macros for a little over 6 weeks now (22nd June to be precise) weighed in at the start on the 22nd June at 211 lbs.
    My next weigh in was on July 4th and i had lost 4 lb (207 lb) and on the 11th July i weighed 206 lb, Again on the 18th July i weighed in at 205 lb's.
    Now on the 25th July i weighed in again at 205 lb's now here is the thing, did i gained muscle this week or eat slightly more calories than i estimated?

ITS WORTH NOTING THAT I DIDN'T DO ANY CARDIO AT ALL FROM THE START.

Now as a result of no fat loss gained or earned that week i decided to add 3 sessions of cardio to my workouts afterwards (Mon/Wed/Fri) consisting of 30 minutes of treadmill jogging at a tempo of...

2 minutes at 5 mph walking followed by 3 minutes of jogging at 8-9 mph and repeat for 30 minutes.

Now when i weighed in on the 1st August i weighed in at 202 lbs so a 3 lb loss overall i was super excited BUT at the same time i thought that maybe 3 sessions of cardio was a little to much as i expected or wanted.
    I am kinda aiming for a loss of about 1-1.5 lbs fat per week,i decided that the following week i would just do 2 sessions of cardio at the same interval as the previous week but only doing it on Monday and Friday and when i weighed in this morning i was surprised to see a gain of a 1/4 lb so 202 lb and a 1/4??

What is happening am i gaining a bit of muscle? (my weights on some exercises have increased by 2.5 lb and on others like the squat and deadlifts i have managed to put on 10bs on either side.
    So have i managed to gain muscle and thats why i haven't seen my usual 1lb loss? have i slightly over estimated or forgot to add something to my macro counter/log for certain days?

I try to stay within 50-100 calories below my target per day as i can't always hit them exactly,some days its been real close to 2500 calories and others its been 2412 calories although i still hit within 1-10 over or under on my fats,carbs and protein per day, for example i might get 232 protein/261 carbs and 56 fats one day and on another it would be 270 carbs/240 protein and 53 fats.
    So could that be my problem? not hitting them exactly?

Should i re-valuate my macros again in light of my current weight loss and adjust accordingly? furthermore to that are you supposed to recalculate your macros every time you lose weight? Adjust carbs slightly up or down? should i add more cardio or up the intensity of them?

I thought i had nailed it but now i am not so sure,any help or advice would be gratefully received and appreciated,am i on the right or wrong track here?

Thank you guys in advance...

Wayne
    Last edited by wizardfire; 08-08-2016 at 03:40 AM.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    The processes of fat loss/muscle gain don't turn on and off like a light switch; the body operates in a continuum over a period of time.

Evaluate where you're at as opposed to where you want to be no more frequently than every 3-4 weeks, and make any necessary adjustments only at that time. If you continue to try to micro-manage your training and nutrition, you're likely to spin your wheels, make no real progress, and then quit out of frustration.

Just try to hit your macro/micro numbers by the end of your day, and train hard for consistent progression. Do these two things, and everyting else will take care of itself over time.

Simplify..........
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 08-08-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good advice above^^^.
    One thing that helped me when things started to stall is to rotate calorie intake using your base number as the medium.
    Say it's 2000 calories you would do maybe 1500 one day,2000 one day and 2500 one day and repeat.
    Your body doesn't get use to the same intake day to day and constantly tries to adjust.
    You can also do this over a longer period 4-5 days also if needed.

wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wizardfire is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Good advice above^^^.
    One thing that helped me when things started to stall is to rotate calorie intake using your base number as the medium.
    Say it's 2000 calories you would do maybe 1500 one day,2000 one day and 2500 one day and repeat.
    Your body doesn't get use to the same intake day to day and constantly tries to adjust.
    You can also do this over a longer period 4-5 days also if needed.
    Thanks i really appreciate it,i don't want to think that i am going wrong or have the mindset that i am not getting the results so why bother with it.
    I am gonna give this a go and see what happens.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    the processes of fat loss/muscle gain don't turn on and off like a light switch; the body operates in a continuum over a period of time.

Evaluate where you're at as opposed to where you want to be no more frequently than every 3-4 weeks, and make any necessary adjustments only at that time. If you continue to try to micro-manage your training and nutrition, you're likely to spin your wheels, make no real progress, and then quit out of frustration.

Just try to hit your macro/micro numbers by the end of your day, and train hard for consistent progression. Do these two things, and everyting else will take care of itself over time.

simplify..........
    thank you dude....really

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wizardfire View Post
    Okay long story short, i train 5 days a week of no more than an hour in the gym and my macros are 268c/238p/55f (40/40/20) this i have managed to workout are for cutting/losing weight and i have been using these macros for a little over 6 weeks now
    So 211 to 202 in 6 weeks? Not too bad.

You are trying to make this too complicated. If you are in a consistent calorie deficit whether you gain muscle or not you lose total body weight over time. Don't get hung up on muscle gain, the scale day to day, or try to turn this into a federal case.

It's easy, don't make any more changes. See how you progress next few weeks. Take a reasonable calorie reduction if losses are too slow. If you fool with it constantly you won't figure it out as easily JMO.

Macro percentages are not so hot. Set a protein and fat minimum and a calorie goal. You can review this thread for some generic info:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1121996743

Good luck for continued success. Patience, perseverance, and consistency.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Thank you dude it is very appreciated.