charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight a day

so if i weigh 200 pounds, i have to consume 200g of protein a day?

eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eharte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes. At the very least. Well, actually it depends on your goals. Increase protein especially if carbs are reduced.

Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you're dieting, i'd suggest starting off with with 1.25 g/lb

if maintaining or gaining, 1 g/lb is fine

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Hombre View Post
    if you're dieting, i'd suggest starting off with with 1.25 g/lb

if maintaining or gaining, 1 g/lb is fine
    pretty good year.. if u are active and weightlifting its ideal to get a good amnt of protein throughout the day to keep ur nitrogen balance in cycle and to help u gain strength and lean up ur body

200g of protein should be very easy for anyone really

33g is what u need over 6 meals throughout the day.. real simple actually.. a scoop of whey protein in milk would come out to about that.. how simple is that?

about 5g of lean meats also come out to aroudn 35g of protein so ur hitting the spot there also

i would say about 1-1.25 is good for bulking

and for cutting i would say aroudn 1.25-1.5 make sure u count ur fats and carbs in there also

best of luck to you

charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) charli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    pretty good year.. if u are active and weightlifting its ideal to get a good amnt of protein throughout the day to keep ur nitrogen balance in cycle and to help u gain strength and lean up ur body

200g of protein should be very easy for anyone really

33g is what u need over 6 meals throughout the day.. real simple actually.. a scoop of whey protein in milk would come out to about that.. how simple is that?

about 5g of lean meats also come out to aroudn 35g of protein so ur hitting the spot there also

i would say about 1-1.25 is good for bulking

and for cutting i would say aroudn 1.25-1.5 make sure u count ur fats and carbs in there also

best of luck to you
    is it possible to do this?

-wake up (6:45) = 2 boiled eggs + 23g of casein protein,
    -11:30 = 2 wraps (theres chicken, lettuce, ranch, and parmeson cheese) so i'm not totally sure what i'm taking in.
    -3:30(pre-workout) = banana + 70g of whey isolate
    -6:00(post-workout) = 70g of whey isolate
    -6:30 = whatever is in the fridge, or just noodles
    -8:30 = a little bit of whatever my mom cooked
    -10:00 = 23g of casein protein
    on top of that i take allmax rapidcuts, omega 3-6-9 oils and multivitamins in the morning. pre and post workout i also take BCAA.

FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should be getting alot more protein from solid foods
    throw some tuna or something simple in therefor lunch

Originally Posted by charli3 View Post
    is it possible to do this?

-wake up (6:45) = 2 boiled eggs + 23g of casein protein, <-- add carbs / make it whey protein + U NEED COMPLEX CARBS HERE!! + fruit if u can
    (why are u waiting till 11:30 .. thats way too long.. shoot for every 3 horus)-11:30 = 2 wraps (theres chicken, lettuce, ranch, and parmeson cheese) so i'm not totally sure what i'm taking in. <-- drop the ranch and make the wraps whole wheat, and maybe add fruit or some almonds on the side
    -3:30(pre-workout) = banana + 70g of whey isolate <-- why are u waiting so long for a pre-workout meal? u need more carbs here
    -6:00(post-workout) = 70g of whey isolate <--- where is the carbs .. suggested 2:1 carb to protein ratio.. read up man
    -6:30 = whatever is in the fridge, or just noodles <--- no not just noodles.. u should have a good lean protein sourc here.. + complex carbs
    -8:30 = a little bit of whatever my mom cooked <--- make sure u have a protein source + some healthy fats here (none really in the rest of the day) go low carb
    -10:00 = 23g of casein protein + add a fat source.. some oils or peanut butter work well.. if you can opt for whole food like milk , yogurt, or cottage cheese

on top of that i take allmax rapidcuts, omega 3-6-9 oils and multivitamins in the morning. pre and post workout i also take BCAA.
    why are u waiting so long between ur first few meals? and there is really no balance in ur diet..

ur first meal i would say skip the casein.. u want that BEFORE BED.. get a whey protein in the morning something quick to get u out of the catabolic state... and berakfast should contain a bunch of complex carbs.. these are used to fuel the day

i would go with a whey shake + 1 cup of oatmeal and toss some fruit on top of ur oats.. such as berries or a cut up banana

try to aim eating for ever y 3 horus.. rest of suggestions are in ur diet above

very little complex carbs and healthy fats and fruit / veggies in ur diet

i think u really need to bump all of those up really bro

also try n aim to eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours if possible to keep that metabolism going

i only have whey isolate, and i go to school, please help me perfect this! im new to this bodybuilding life style. i have been working out for a long time, and didn't take nutrition very seriously until now.
    how aobut in the morning, i change my breakfest to this? http://www.michelinas.ca/multimedia/...ss/class_7.jpg
    Last edited by charli3; 10-06-2007 at 07:12 PM.

i only have whey isolate, and i go to school
    so they make cans of chicken/tuna for a reason.. and they are portable..

also take some tupperware to ur cafeteria and fill them and eat these foods back in ur room..
    so next time u go to the cafe fill ur bookbag w/ tupperware and come home happy

fill shaker bottles / empty water/gatorage bottles with skim milk from the cafe too

FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got to school as well, 8 hours on certain days.
    You just have to prepare stuff the night or morning before.
    You can make tuna and thow it in tupperware with an ice pack. You can always just throw stuff in your backpack. Just gotta be creative.

Originally Posted by FireFit123 View Post
    I got to school as well, 8 hours on certain days.
    You just have to prepare stuff the night or morning before.
    You can make tuna and thow it in tupperware with an ice pack. You can always just throw stuff in your backpack. Just gotta be creative.
    portable things like:
    Tupperware chicken / tuna / eggs / omlettes
    whole wheat sandwiches
    almonds
    raw veggies
    peanut butter
    beef jerkey
    trail mix
    granola
    hard boiled eggs
    bags of whey

are life savers

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    portable things like:
    Tupperware chicken / tuna / eggs / omlettes
    whole wheat sandwiches
    almonds
    raw veggies
    peanut butter
    beef jerkey
    trail mix
    granola
    hard boiled eggs
    bags of whey

are life savers
    x2
    they make diets work with busy schedules

i only have whey isolate, and i go to school, please help me perfect this! im new to this bodybuilding life style. i have been working out for a long time, and didn't take nutrition very seriously until now.
    how aobut in the morning, i change my breakfest to this? http://www.michelinas.ca/multimedia/...ss/class_7.jpg
    uhh no, you dont wanna start your day off with that

do they egg thing, maybe some oats and fruit
    anythings better then that michelinas stuff

health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And thinking the way Layzie and Fire are thinking is a great mindset to get into for when you start work as well - things like this are what can make or break you when people start wanting to buy lunches etc.

I bring more tupperware to work than people have in their kitchens.

thanks for the reply's all, and just to get one thing clear, is whey isolate okay to take in the morning?

FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FTWZB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

thanks for the reply's all, and just to get one thing clear, is whey isolate okay to take in the morning?
    Yes, in fact it's advisable. When you're waking up, the body turns a lot of calories into fat(catabolic state). Somehow a whey protein shake stops this. Maybe someone else knows how?
    Everytime you don't squat low enough, baby jesus cries.

Originally Posted by FTWZB View Post
    Yes, in fact it's advisable. When you're waking up, the body turns a lot of calories into fat(catabolic state). Somehow a whey protein shake stops this. Maybe someone else knows how?
    breaking the catabolic cycle in the morning after a long rest is ideal.. its because whey is digested so fast that it gets into ur body faster then any whole food source causing ur body to flip the switch and get that nitrogen cycle going ASAP

i suggest u read articles online here at BB.com and get urself some info before hitting the forms bro.. ull learn a lot before u come on here asking simply anwsered questions

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm

read up on a lot of things here..

diets, habits, macro functions etc etc.. ull learna lot and figure out how to rearrange ur diet and what not real quick.. there is also links on breakfasts n grocery shoppers lists etc etc..

u could always check out mine in my signature if you want

and dont ever buy those store things for breakfast..

get urself a GREAT complex carb source ( oatmeal works great) top it withs ome fruit.. in fact.. check the MEALS EATING NOW thread.. i posted up my breakfast on there.. oats topped with strawberries n cinnamon .. and a whey protein shake on the side( which isnt in the pic but i know u know what that looks like)

tastes delicious and a great way to start ur morning