motoxrider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest workouts 3 times a week?

can i do a chest workout monday wednesday and friday i really want to get rid of my chest fat and turn it into muscle. The chest is the only part of my body i really wan to get into shape as of right now everything else is normal. Today i did flat bench 4x6 incline bench 4x6 and decline 4x6 i also used the peck deck 4x6 the benches i used a barbell but if i could workout the chest at least twice a week i would switch from bars to dumbells every other day.

jetlee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Moto, i would recommend against doing chest 3 times a week, twice is def enough.
    I suggested ditching the pec deck and switching to cable crossover, and not to do it as your last exercise.
    EG: bench, incline, cable, decline.
    Personally i have found that if i mix an isolation exercise in between my compound exercises give me excellent results
    My chest workout:
    incline db 4x6-8
    cable crossover 3x6-8
    flat bench press 3x6-8

If you wanna get rid of chest fat = diet and cardio

good luck

Jetlee if i try to build muscle in my chest will that fat still stay there and make my chest look bigger and worse?Or if if workout will that fat get turned into muscle?

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes, 3 times is too much. Just cuz you want to lose fat there doesn't mean that you should overtrain. If you have fat there, then your overall body fat is probably high...diet and cardio will fix that.

As for a chest workout...since you want to develop the chest as a muscle, and not necessarily go for strength, I'd try:

Incline DB press
    Flat DB press
    Decline DB press
    Pec Deck Machine or cable crossover

Those last 2 options are isolation exercises, always do them at the end of a workout. That's what I hit my chest with yesterday, and I'm nice and sore today (although not painfully). Should work for you

And yes, if you work out your chest, that fat will become muscle. But again, I wonder about your body fat..if it's low, then you shouldn't be having "man boobs." If it's high, well then there you go

Good luck
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm, back in the day when I was in high school, we benched, squated and deadlifted on MON/WED/FRI. Of course, we also didn't do much of anything else. But the weight those three lifts will add to your frame......PRICELESS!
    "I've gotta say what I've gotta say and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise"

i have about 19% body fat for a 6ft 160lb 14 year old.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3x/week...sure...on a proper split (like for example HST....what you listed wouldn't work for that). Just stick with a standard 3x/week split and you'll be fine. remember - more work does not equate to more results.
    <->