Cyzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlift questions

I've been Deadlifting for a little over a month now and I've noticed noob gains going from a max of 95 to a max of 335 as of today. I've been told my form is correct but I just wondered if its possible to cheat a deadlift. Also, what's a decent deadlift? Trying to set a goal for this year.
    "The greatest joy in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

#EctomorphCrew

BP 200 / SQ 285 / DL 335 - All going up!

hoereadyhero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Cyzy View Post
    I've been Deadlifting for a little over a month now and I've noticed noob gains going from a max of 95 to a max of 335 as of today. I've been told my form is correct but I just wondered if its possible to cheat a deadlift. Also, what's a decent deadlift? Trying to set a goal for this year.

Hi,

yes you can 'cheat' a deadlift, a video would help alot to critique your form as theirs alot of variables with dead lift form. The weight you've pulled for your bodyweight and height is good, but theirs always room for improvement, id say a good deadlift for anyone 160-180lbs would be about 400lbs+ and around 315 ish for reps.
    USA/UK
    powerbuilder
    1000 club at 17

506DL/362S/253BB

Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Be happy where ever you are in your current strength levels. There will always be people significantly stronger than you unless you're smashing world records, so don't think that way - it's way too subjective.

You can "cheat" a deadlift by hitching but I don't see any reason why you'd want to do that.