Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SpikeySpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can Creatine replace Whey Protein?

Hi all pro and expert out there, i've been started to workout for over 2 months. Last month i was using 100% Whey Protein and i did not gain much weight and my friend introduce me to use 100% creatine monohydrate. I have been using for few days.

My question was can creatine replace what protein does? Or should it be used together? My objective was to gain muscle fast..any way of doing so?

Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Together is the best bet.

Both alone are ok (I'd still choose whey over creatine) but together they are great.

DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRU1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No creatine does not replace protein....it is two completely different things. My suggestion is to use both of them with a few other things if your income allows so. Here is some things that i would recommend you take:

Creatine: I would suggest looking for CEE...look it up in the store part of this site.
    Protein: I use ON 100% Whey Protein
    Flaxseed Oil: You can choose which kind you want. I forget what i have.
    Multi Vitamins: I use mega men from GNC but again this site sells go multi vitamins. Dont get Animal Stack though cuz its just too many pills for the same amount of stuff youll get from taking two of another brand.
    BCAA: Amino Acids...again look to see what kind you want.

These are just a few of the basic supplements that you can take for a basic stack.

For the protein, be sure to consume 1.5 grams of protein per every pound of body weight and dont try to get all of your protein from just the shakes. Eat foods that contain alot of protein.

Also up your intake of Carbs. (Carbohydrates) make sure they are good carbs not carbs that you get from sugars.

This is just a few things to recommend. Im sure many ppl will reply to this and add on, so i hope this helps a little......Good luck with your bodybuilding lifestyle....you'll never regret it
    FOR SALE: Iraqi rifle. Never fired. Dropped once.

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

"Evil can only be conquered by good men doing nothing."

Thx for the info. WOW that surprised me. I'm not going into so many kind of products since i'm just starting out. but could u tell me which is important for a good start with a fast growth? Is protein, NO with creatine sufficient?

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Skip NO products if you simply want the basics. Creatine, protein, multi and EFAs=the basics.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BringnIt
    Skip NO products if you simply want the basics. Creatine, protein, multi and EFAs=the basics.
    Bump to this. Invest in some fish oil for EFA's, great benefits, and great for anyone of any lifestyle

So NO isn't suitable for me? I just want fast gain for now.

My weights were 66.5kg and i'm 173cm tall.

btw, i'm currently having a bottle of creatine. Just started using it for 3 days. I just know i have to perform the loading phase for the first week then back to the maintenance phase for the following weeks.

So, i should get a 100% whey protein, fish oil (this is good for everyone even non bodybuilders am i right?) and vitamins?

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    NO products are very debated as to whether or not they actually even increase strength or improve body composition.

Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NO products are very debated as to whether or not they actually even increase strength or improve body composition.
    I second that. I've read that NO products are just the latest bandwagon that the industry overhypes that'll eventually crash... Like the Spice Girls (if you wanna be ma lover...)

Colin
    I'm a lover AND a fighter.

According to PowerSwede, they were actually all the rage back in the day, along with several other rehashes, that died out when prohormones hit the market, and are now making a comeback after prohormones left (mostly).

Mr. Owl ate my metal worm trunkmonkey's Avatar
    trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trunkmonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpikeySpy

So, i should get a 100% whey protein, fish oil and vitamins?
    yes

Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whey Protein, Creatine, Mutlti Vitamin, Fish or Flax Oil.

If you're just starting to train for the first time, and you're doing it correctly, you ought to be able to get some pretty good gains in your first six months.

Just remember that 2/3 of your body's mass is in your legs and back, so you want to do multi joint exercises (squats, leg presses, deadlifts) to gain weight/muscle. Nobody ever gained a ton weight by doing biceps/triceps and chest (the other 1/3 of your body's weight).

Make sure you're eating enough protein and carbs daily. Proper nutrition will help you recover and grow faster. At least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (don't know how to convert that to kilo's for you).

Review some of the "stickys" in the nutrition section and workout routine sections of this forum and you'll find some pretty valuable information.
    "I've gotta say what I've gotta say and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise"

the Shockmaster!!! IamCANADIANeh?'s Avatar
    IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Malbolgia
    Whey Protein, Creatine, Mutlti Vitamin, Fish or Flax Oil.

If you're just starting to train for the first time, and you're doing it correctly, you ought to be able to get some pretty good gains in your first six months.

Just remember that 2/3 of your body's mass is in your legs and back, so you want to do multi joint exercises (squats, leg presses, deadlifts) to gain weight/muscle. Nobody ever gained a ton weight by doing biceps/triceps and chest (the other 1/3 of your body's weight).

Make sure you're eating enough protein and carbs daily. Proper nutrition will help you recover and grow faster. At least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (don't know how to convert that to kilo's for you).

Review some of the "stickys" in the nutrition section and workout routine sections of this forum and you'll find some pretty valuable information.
    I'm sure you didn't mean to but it sounds like your telling him not to work chest or arms. Now arms are debatable but he can't forget chest. He'll look like a freak. Huge legs and back and no chest or arms. Almost as funny as the guys with a huge chest and bis and no legs.
    Good, better, best, never let it rest. Till your good be better, and your better best!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1001705

Start:01/09/07
    320lbs 30.86%bf

02/01/07:
    03/01/07:
    04/01/07:
    05/01/07:
    05/28/07:

Goal:28/05/07
    269lbs 25% bf

Originally Posted by IamCANADIANeh?
    I'm sure you didn't mean to but it sounds like your telling him not to work chest or arms. Now arms are debatable but he can't forget chest. He'll look like a freak. Huge legs and back and no chest or arms. Almost as funny as the guys with a huge chest and bis and no legs.
    hahaha, actually i didn't know that back and leg were having 2/3 of the body mass. Actually for a start i planned to train those hot spot such as shoulder, bicep, tricep, chest, and most importantly abs.

I didn't do much on the leg (probably once every 3 weeks?), but i did workout for my back once every week.

i didn't know that 1gram of protein per pound for my weight. I thought it was 1 gram/kg?

btw, what about carbs? where do i get good carbs? what is considered bad carbs besides sugar?

According to PowerSwede, they were actually all the rage back in the day, along with several other rehashes, that died out when prohormones hit the market, and are now making a comeback after prohormones left (mostly).
    My friend was taking prohormones. Is it effective for slow gainers? He told me that for slow gainers, their hormones are less and that makes them gain slowly. Is it true?

Originally Posted by Malbolgia

I'm currently using only creatine, after I finish my bottle of whey protein. I find abit wierd for it. When i was using protein i feel the pain-effect after workout last less than 2 days. But by consuming creatine only i find that the effect is slightly different. I'm not sure whether i'm doing it the right way.

Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bourbon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^^ Your post is confusing (to me at least). So are you saying that two days after a workout you still have painful muscles while only using protein? But with creatine the time is slightly less?

Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malbolgia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm currently using only creatine, after I finish my bottle of whey protein. I find abit wierd for it. When i was using protein i feel the pain-effect after workout last less than 2 days. But by consuming creatine only i find that the effect is slightly different. I'm not sure whether i'm doing it the right way.
    Sixpack mentioned in another post that when he upped his protein intake to 2 grams per pound of body weight, he noticed that he recovered more quickly. I've recently been trying to get in at least 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight, and 2 grams on the high side. I recover VERY fast, maybe only sore for a day and a half.

Originally Posted by IamCANADIANeh?
    Not at all. Work out your chest and arms as well, but remember that the primary MASS in your body comes from your legs and back. Even if you're starting out small on your leg lifts, then make it a goal to progressively get stronger and use heavier weights, that's how you grow, that's how you get bigger. When was the last time you saw a BIG dude benching, squatting or lifting small weight?
    Also, heavy back exercises will tax your arms to a good degree - Barbell rows, deadlifts, pulldowns.....your arms are involved to some degree there.
    "I've gotta say what I've gotta say and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise"

T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T-Baby is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Angry

Oh.....my.....gosh.

Can Creatine replace Protein?!? Maybe if you researched for about 5 minutes, you could realize how absolutely freakin' retarded that question is. I know you're a beginner and all, but hell man, stop coming to a forum and expecting to be spoon-fed everything. Do some damn research.
    Rolling to Victory.

....................______
    ................._/______\_
    ................/-----------\============o
    _________/ xxxxxxxxxxxx\______________
    =================================
    ((XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX))
    ((XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX))
    =================================

Originally Posted by T-Baby
    Oh.....my.....gosh.

Can Creatine replace Protein?!? Maybe if you researched for about 5 minutes, you could realize how absolutely freakin' retarded that question is. I know you're a beginner and all, but hell man, stop coming to a forum and expecting to be spoon-fed everything. Do some damn research.
    I did do some research but they did not mention any relation between protein and creatine and that is why i am here to ask. My instructor told me that i could take creatine this time and it would be fine. So i'm not sure whether is he guiding me to deadends.

Also, i wasn't feeling quite right after an hour of consuming creatine. I suddenly had no appetite and a slight feeling of vomitting. but that would last about 1-2 hours. Does that happens to everyone?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi all pro and expert out there, i've been started to workout for over 2 months. Last month i was using 100% Whey Protein and i did not gain much weight and my friend introduce me to use 100% creatine monohydrate. I have been using for few days.

My question was can creatine replace what protein does? Or should it be used together? My objective was to gain muscle fast..any way of doing so?
    how can one replace the other... they aren't even close to the same thing.

Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Emperiorjack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by T-Baby
    Oh.....my.....gosh.

Leave the kid alone he's new here.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DRU1
    Creatine: I would suggest looking for CEE...look it up in the store part of this site.
    CEE tastes like **** - don't recommend it to newbs.

Newb, get micronized creatine instead.

Originally Posted by Al Shades
    CEE tastes like **** - don't recommend it to newbs.

Newb, get micronized creatine instead.
    CEE? what about if it were to compare with protein? As u guys know i'm new. so, i don't hope to get a huge range of products for a start. I just need the few most important and go on slowly from there.

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dude i was new once too, however i never asked such retarded questions. goto www.bodybuilding.com and read bigcats articles on nutrition and training, then if you still have these same questions, read it again and dont bother asking questions that my 12 year sister could answer

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Some good advice in this thread

Spikey... I would stick to the basics (whey, creatine, EFA's, Multivitamin) for 2-3 years or so. Save any Nitric Oxide products for if / when you plateau.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    CEE? what about if it were to compare with protein? As u guys know i'm new. so, i don't hope to get a huge range of products for a start. I just need the few most important and go on slowly from there.
    CEE stands for Creatine Ethyl Ester, one of several different kinds of Creatine. You would do well to supplement with creatine, only you're better off getting a flavorless creatine product rather than CEE, which tastes bitter and repugnant. Get micronized creatine instead. And no, creatine doesn't really compare with protein. It's a completely different substance in a different category - both of them are very beneficial. Get creatine monohydrate and don't stop with the 100% Whey.

Originally Posted by Al Shades
    CEE stands for Creatine Ethyl Ester, one of several different kinds of Creatine. You would do well to supplement with creatine, only you're better off getting a flavorless creatine product rather than CEE, which tastes bitter and repugnant. Get micronized creatine instead. And no, creatine doesn't really compare with protein. It's a completely different substance in a different category - both of them are very beneficial. Get creatine monohydrate and don't stop with the 100% Whey.

Thanks alot. You guys are really helpful.
    I'm now taking both creatine monohydrate and protein.
    I'm sorry to those who feel offended when i ask about this and was harsh on replying.

crappyjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and Protein

Hi peeps, just to add on to what Spikey said, I bought myself ON's 100% Whey and HP's Whey as well and some AST Micronized Creatine. Now my question is, can I drink the protein and creatine TOGETHER right after my workout? Or should I drink them separately e.g. Take creatine wait 1/2 hour then take protein?

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by crappyjerk
    Hi peeps, just to add on to what Spikey said, I bought myself ON's 100% Whey and HP's Whey as well and some AST Micronized Creatine. Now my question is, can I drink the protein and creatine TOGETHER right after my workout? Or should I drink them separately e.g. Take creatine wait 1/2 hour then take protein?

Did the search button break recently or something?