Enjaiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post "Lean, Sexy and Hard" By John Berardi? (Help!)

Hello all!

This http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi12.htm article by Berardi has been the most helpful advice I've found for women who want to work out to get 'lean, sexy and hard'. The workout he gives at the end, however, is kind of lacking. I tried Monday's in the gym today and I felt like I needed more. So I decided that instead of doing one exercise for each body part, I would do two. Thing is, when it comes to planning a workout, I don't know how to tell what is too much (I know now what is too little!). Should I work 'to exhaustion'? Or should I just do the prescribed number of sets? Is it really enough to work on one body part once a week?

Thanks!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It seems a bit silly.. if you want something with mostly compound movements check out the routine I do in my journal.

aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think the program can be very effective, but the key is the intensity of the workload. if you're lifting heavy as the article advised, then it should work well. it emphasizes on the main compound lifts, short and intense workouts. since you're adding more weights to each session, then it should be challenging. i say just stick with the program for a few weeks and see how you respond to it. many people make the mistake of not feeling the "burn" during their training and believe that they're not working hard enough, which is not necessarily true.

however, for the program, it seems to me to be more for strength than muscle mass...depending on your goals you might want to change. although i do think it's a good change from high volume routines.
    I WILL be an 18 year old hottie.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

Enjaiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, the article does seem biased... I didn't think it was necessary to emphasize over and over again that women "need" different training routines then men.

My goal is to tone my stomach, butt and the back part of my thighs (forgot the name of the muscle). I understand spot training is impossible, and really my overall goal is to tone my whole body.

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think this is the best article on Berardi's site: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/women/doit.htm

Not written by him though. Every women should read this, it should be in the newbie thead!
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up :)

Originally Posted by Helene
    I think this is the best article on Berardi's site: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/women/doit.htm

Not written by him though. Every women should read this, it should be in the newbie thead!
    I agree with you Helene great article and it should be in the sticky!
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I too am doing that workout Enjaiz, I have found that I sometimes want more than my routine offers so I add abs. I was spending a full two hours at the gym 6 out of 7 days so I was ready for a change. I think this is a good routine for the summer, when we are outside more and out of town more. Hope you figure out exactly what your body needs, cause that is what it is all about, we are all so different.

Take care of you!!