Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

300 calories + cardio burning 300 calories = 0 weight loss/gain?

This is going to probably sound like a really stupid question, but oh well that never stopped me. If I wanted to add another 300 calorie meal to my day plan, although it would be 300 calories over my cutting mark, can I just do cardio later tonight to burn 300 calories so that it will pretend I never ate that last meal and bring me back to my cutting mark? I kinda went overboard for breakfast today and I'm 1 meal short tonight so I was just curious if it could be done if like I walk for 30 min to burn 300 calories.

Thanks.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Khryz
    This is going to probably sound like a really stupid question, but oh well that never stopped me. If I wanted to add another 300 calorie meal to my day plan, although it would be 300 calories over my cutting mark, can I just do cardio later tonight to burn 300 calories so that it will pretend I never ate that last meal and bring me back to my cutting mark? I kinda went overboard for breakfast today and I'm 1 meal short tonight so I was just curious if it could be done if like I walk for 30 min to burn 300 calories.

Thanks.
    Theorictly yes

Weight Acclimation = Calories Consumed - (Calories Burned + BMR)

and say

1800 - ( 600 + 2500 ) = -1300

the above is just an example to demonstrate the point.

AusTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say that it is possible to negate the extra food intake with some added cardio, but beware of the amount of cardio it will take to do this. That extra oreo cookie means an extra mile or so on your walk... now consider this in terms of an entire extra meal...

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, my extra meal would be around 300 calories. How long would I have to walk to burn 300 calories? I usually walk at 2.5-3 mph @ 10% incline for 25-30 minutes and the treadmill says 300 calories. I know that it's not entirely accurate .. but close right? I also lifted today for 1 hour and a half, heavy lifting so I'm sure that burnt a good deal of calories too. I just want to be on the safe side.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you are only talking about 300 calories, it sounds like u are pretty picky and watch ur intake very closely so u might still be at a deficit without the extra to be honest. now if it were 1000 or more that might be different. i think u dont even need the extra cardio just save the time and get a little more rest