BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking How is this workout program for an ectomorph looking to gain muscle mass?

how is this workout program for a kid thats 16 years old,5'10,150lbs that wants to put on muscle mass???

Exercise 1-Chest/Shoulder
    1. Incline Dumbell Press – 3 sets of 15
    2. Bench Press – 3 sets of 10
    3. Dumbell Flyes – 2 sets of 10 at incline
    2 sets of 10 at flat
    4. Side Dumbell Laterals – 4 sets of 10
    5. Front Dumbell Laterals – 4 sets of 10
    6. Dumbell Shoulder Press – 4 sets of 10

Exercise 2-Back/Arms
    1. Bent Over Dumbell Row – 4 sets of 12
    2. Deadlifts – 2 sets of 10
    3. Barbell Curls – 4 sets of 15,12,10,8 increase weight each set
    4. Tricep Extension – 4 sets of 10
    5. Preacher Dumbell Curl – 4 sets of 10
    6. Close Grip Bench Press – 4 sets of 10

Monday - 1
    Tuesday - 2
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - 1
    Friday - 2
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Rest

randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    that looks ok to me, except add a separate leg day in between there so that you will give ur muscles more time to rest and also so u dont end up with chicken legs
    i lift weights cuz i like being bigger and stronger than the average man. I love having people think twice before they cut infront of me or disrespect me in anyway, just like i would if i ever encountered a bigger man than me.
    get in line

BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BallaLegend8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my legs are fine and i alreayd have a leg workout,i was just wondering if my upper body workout is good

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Atrocious. What is your leg workout, playing basketball?
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

dookie,y is it attrocious? and ur just fo funny,dam smartass

jayhiya18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bad bad bad

Take it from me, this is too much working out if your an ectomorph. Ectomorphs must train each muscle group on ONCE every 7 days. Get 8 hours of sleep, eat 6 meals a day (at least 1 gram protien per pound of body weight, and at least 2 grams of good complex carbs per pound of body weight). Don't listen to a lot of the stuff you hear telling you to work out 6 days per week. If you are a true ectomorph (you can eat whatever the crap you want and not gain an ounce) then following this will get you the best results. Keep your workouts less than 75 mins and eat a big meal with lots of protein and simple carbs (yes this is the only time you should eat simple carbs) immediately after the workout. So basically if your 150lbs you should be eating 25g protien and 50g complex carbs every 3 hours.

Also alternate your workout routines. Do 3 weeks of exercises with 10-12 reps. Then 3 weeks of 4-7 reps. Then take a week off and do nothing. Then back to the 10-12 rep range.

Hope this helps, I wasted about 6 months of training not getting any gains because I wasn't eating enough and I was working out TOO much.

briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I would not throw the term ectomorph around so easily. 5'10 150 at 16 years old doesn't sound like an ectomorph to me.

I came to college 19 years old 6'2 130 and I was pretty sure (dont know now) that I was an ectomorph--ate like **** never lifted or ran, but played lots of sprots and didn't gain an ounce. Three years later im 190 pounds. While I have been eating right and working out correctly the past year and a half or so, much of my training I didn't lift right and ate like garbage (ie. drank soda instead of milk at meals, and some nights I would lift like on a friday night, come home around 9, hop in the shower with a beer and then go out with my buddies and drink 10 more beers at least that night--not good for the muscles)

So what I'm tring to say is I dont even know if I am an ectomorph or hard gainer, even though I was sure of it. All it took was a little lifting with dedication and making sure I ate protein every chance I had and I put on 60 lbs and actually a little bit of a gut for the first time in my life (most ectomorphs wont get a gut, right?)

Brian

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A "hardgainer" or "ectomorph", IMO, is someone who

a. Has a terrible routine
    b. Doesn't eat enough
    c. Both a. and b.

I am fully aware that there are many genetic differences between people, but to think that you are that physiologically disadvantaged is often a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dookie1481
    A "hardgainer" or "ectomorph", IMO, is someone who

a. Has a terrible routine
    b. Doesn't eat enough
    c. Both a. and b.

I am fully aware that there are many genetic differences between people, but to think that you are that physiologically disadvantaged is often a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ka-Pow

I agree, there are some people out there who are truly hardgainers/ectos. But many, many more only think they are because they dont eat or train like a limp wristed nancy boy.
    Last edited by Gollum; 06-17-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over...