Lifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Neck problems, heavy headed feeling, can anyone help?

It all started about a month ago. I had been off from lifting about 2 weeks because I had my wisdom teeth removed. Im not totally sure, but I think I may have "done" something to my neck when I did my first deads in nearly 3 weeks. Again, im not sure that was the cause because it didn't start till a few days later.

The story.... I woke up with a massive "pressure" type headache about a month ago, and it didn't go away for a week so the doc ran a Catscan and MRI of the brain which were normal.

The headache has now "evolved" into more of a "heavy headed" feeling in the back on my head where the skull meet the neck. The docs just can't seem to find any problems and said that maybe I have stress in my life (ya right).

Ok, the weird thing is my neck doesn't really hurt but sometimes makes this odd "crackling" or "fizzing" sound when i move my head around.

And again, my head feels like its too damn heavy for my neck to hold up, and I feel this horrid "pressure" in the back of my head, which is about 90% relieved when I lay down or rest my head on my hands...

But there is no sharp pains or anything anywhere and no pain at all in my neck.

So I'm just wondering if maybe I pulled something that will resolve over time, or worse do I have some kinda nerve compression or other problem?

Has anyone been though the "heavy head" thing?

oh by the way it gets worse with any physical activity
    Last edited by Lifta; 05-29-2005 at 02:46 PM.

unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have neck problems, but it is nothing like yours.

i do believe u should visit a chiropracter....really.

he might be able to relieve some pressure in the spot you are speaking of
    WHO DAT

i allready did see a chiro, no help. =(

bump..anyone

dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100)
    sometimes i get this as well. I think its all phychological. Like you feel that your neck is little and cannot balance your head.

My suggestion:

Do some direct trap work and maybe even some neck exercises.

PLease be careful with those and when you stretch do not push your head as far is it can go on its axis (turn neck) because you can pinch a nerve (apparently).

But also think like this: I work out. I am in fact a bodybuilder. My neck is strong as a bulls. Of course it cope with the weight of my head. etc..

-get back to us.

TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dkinaev
    sometimes i get this as well. I think its all phychological. Like you feel that your neck is little and cannot balance your head.

My suggestion:

Do some direct trap work and maybe even some neck exercises.

PLease be careful with those and when you stretch do not push your head as far is it can go on its axis (turn neck) because you can pinch a nerve (apparently).

But also think like this: I work out. I am in fact a bodybuilder. My neck is strong as a bulls. Of course it cope with the weight of my head. etc..

-get back to us.

Lifta do not do as this guy suggests!!!!
    You need to rest do not do ANY type of physical activity that will traumatize your back or neck.
    It sounds to me like you may have deadlifted too much too soon!
    Sometimes an injury can take a day or two to present itself!
    Have you had a MRI scan and regular X-ray of your spine all the way up to the base of your skull? If not I would suggest that
    I know how you feel mate, I've had strange back and neck probs now for a long time - although not the same as you.
    Give it time. Rest Rest and Rest.
    Do not be in too much of a hurry to get back in the gym.I know its frustrating but have patients.

Remember do not do any trap work or exercises on the neck as this will surely inflame your injury more.
    Rest until you are 110% sure that you are fit again!!

Good luck mate. Hope you feel better soon

lucasgze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a problem like this a couple of years ago. I did it at work, from looking down constantly. I had to keep having treatment on my neck, heat packs and deep heat gel and restrict the movement for a while but it eventually got better, every now and then it still gives some grief, but look after it dude or it will only get worse.

dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100) dkinaev is not very well liked. (-100)
    sorry, I didnt think it was a physical injury. Otherwise of course I would not recommend any physical activity. I thought it was purely a physhological thing.

-regards,
    Dmitri.

SassyPants has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Fizzing noises in neck and "heavy head"

Hey! I'm not a body builder... and I realize this is a really OLD post as well, but I need to know WHAT HAPPENED??! I can't find anything out on this... I'm a 28 year old, overweight woman with fibromyalgia, neck pain, back pain and I'm starting to develop a hunch at shoulder level with a HUMP at the base of my neck.

I occasionally have the fizzing or bubbling water sound in the back of my neck as well... it's been happening for years and I'm still not sure why. I've never brought it up to my doctors because I had never heard of such a thing and figured they'd think I'm more crazy than I really am. I've just started trying to research this online and I'm finding a few posts in various forums from people who have this happen as well, but nobody has answered the question as to what it is and what causes it.

I have seen posts saying that the bubbling sensation and sound is usually accompanied by a growling stomach or hunger pang... some people are suggesting it may be something that is being released into your body when you are hungry... some type of reaction to being hypoglycemic maybe?!

I have the heavy head as well... I feel the muscle weakness in my neck, mostly in the back at the base of the neck. I get frequent pressure headaches, but none that last more than a day or 2. Sometimes I'll sit in my chair and have to text on my phone with my chin resting on my chest because it hurts too much to support the weight of my head.

Please let me know if you have found any answers as to what may be happening!!

v-dubchick@mocospace.com

emerald888@hotmail.com

Thanks!

~SassyPants~
    Last edited by SassyPants; 03-21-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Left out contact info

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ive had the same stuff happen to me it was a problem with not breathing right during the sets.
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

paulokai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I too have a "heavy headed" feeling in the back on my head where the skull meet the neck for the past 3 years. The neck doesnt hurt . My head feels like its too damn heavy for my neck to hold up, and I feel this horrid "pressure" in the back of my head, which is about 90% relieved when I lay down or rest my head on my hands.This gets worse with physical activity. The docs (ENT, neurologist) can't find any problems.
    Lifta, have you fond a cause and cure for this'?

xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xaaronzx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    any cure?
    Training with the wind