Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Belt....should I get one?

I've been lifting for almost 3 months now and my lifts are getting heavier so I was thinking, do I need one of those belts?

I always see those guys that put on the belt as soon as they get to the gym and wear it trhough their entire workout, it wouldn't surprise me to see them running on the threadmill with the friggin belt on....kinda funny actually. but I know that's not how they're meant to be used. What are they good for?
    “Everybody Pities The Weak; Jealousy You Have To Earn."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger-

RE:Belt

Get a belt only if your trousers start falling down

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    bigkev has it down pact! Its for those fat asses who are losing weight! I mean look at the size of those belts! Clearly for morbidly obese.

Seriously its is extra assitance for your bodys natural belt, the core of your body. When doing heavy exercises users believe it gives them extra support for less injury risk.

There is too many opinions and not enough facts about lifting belts to make a judgement, although I think powerlifters deadlifting 982.36 pounds are better off using them.
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

actually, the main use of a belt is to keep you from getting a hurnia. If you don't lift heavy enough to give yourself a hurnia, don't worry about it.

fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I only use a belt for squats
    Bodybuilding is not a hobby...it's a Lifestlye!

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body"

Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cornholio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question

how do I know if the weight I'm lifting could cause a Hernia?
    “Everybody Pities The Weak; Jealousy You Have To Earn."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger-

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

It depends on how hard you are pushing on your stomache. If you're pushing so hard that you can't believe you didn't **** your pants, you might want to wear a belt (ie: when you max out). If you have a tendancy to hold your breath and bloat your stomache (can't think of a better way to put it) to stabalize yourself when you lift real heavy, you also should likely wear a belt.

Basically, pay attention to how much stress you put on your stomache.

Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I never use belts. I did when I used to max out but maxing out to me has no great benefit. There are more risk factors that outweight the benefits. I would only recommend using a belt on your max out sets of squats, deadlifts and military presses if you max out.

swaiguhsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are the risks? i wasn't aware that there was any for a lifting belt

supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersatellite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can remember some pro bodybuilder, I can't remember his name saying that belts really aren't that useful. He said that they don't allow you to build up a strong lower back.
    'Ain't Nothing to it but to do it'
    'Lightweight'
    Ronnie Coleman

Shakkoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can squat 50 lbs more with a belt for whatever reason, then wear it. If a pink feather boa gives you an extra 20 lbs on the bench, then wear that too.

PrinterPaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Shakkoi
    If you can squat 50 lbs more with a belt for whatever reason, then wear it. If a pink feather boa gives you an extra 20 lbs on the bench, then wear that too.
    Hey now, I almost spit up my cereal on that one!

Pangus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A better alternative for most of us (non-powerlifters) is one of those cheap rubber "sweat belts". Contrary to what they told us in the 70's, they do NOTHING to help you lose fat or inches (any weight lost is replaced as soon as you drink anyuthing) but they give you a great, moist heat in your spinal erectors and help you warm-up and retain heat in this vulnerable area.

GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Belts....

I have strong abs-lower back. I work on them almost
    every day. I'm 225 and 6'1 and last week was doing
    heavy incline press(4 reps) and felt a bit of a twinge/
    moment of weakness in my abs. Didnt like that haha.
    Looks like I'm finally going heavy enough(48 chest 33
    inch waist) that I should try out a belt. any recommendations?
    or should i go with the old harbs-valeos. leather or
    fabric?
    thanks
    licensed sh-t stirrer