VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how to work the outer chest

I have been working my chest out for quite some time now. I have seen results in the middle of the chest and more definition there but I am not getting any results in my outer chest and lower chest, which i need for better definition. Can someone recommend some excercises/grips I should use (groips meaning hold the barbell closer or further) to develop this area?

Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just do bench, Vary your grip from wide to close. A wider grip should target the outside more.

For lower pecs do decline bench or hammer strength and/or weighted dips.
    PharmD | IFBB Pro | ********.com/SwollenPharmD

Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wide grip flat/decline bench, dips, flat/decline DB fly.
    Self improvement is masturbation.

VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10) VenomizedCobra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks guys, really appreciate it

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im guessing you've focues mostly on flat bench pressing movements...

To target the lower chest, do decline bench or decline dumbell press.

With the outer chest, there is actually a long, thin muscle that extends from the shoulder to the nipple. To hit it and get a bigger "outer" chest, do any flye movement ex: dumbell flyes, pec dec flyes, pec dec also cable crossovers and dips hit it!

canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canine3480 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would stress the importance of dips when building the chest. it's one of the best exercises you can do to carve out the lower & outer chest. it also helps build the triceps very well.

hit your chest from a variety of angles, with high volume some days, and high intensity on others. i usually focus on overloading the muscle, but getting a good pump can help stimulate growth as well when all things are in place.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DSM18
    Im guessing you've focues mostly on flat bench pressing movements...

To target the lower chest, do decline bench or decline dumbell press.

With the outer chest, there is actually a long, thin muscle that extends from the shoulder to the nipple. To hit it and get a bigger "outer" chest, do any flye movement ex: dumbell flyes, pec dec flyes, pec dec also cable crossovers and dips hit it!
    what muscle are you talking about?? there's only 2 of them that make up the pecs by the way.
    Anything a flye works, a benching movement works 2-3x better, when your pecs grow your outer pecs will grow, its impossible for it not to. Just do droper benching, dont think just coz u flat bench ur getting a great chest workout, use dumbells, do incline, decline, dips leaning forward...
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    decline db presses, dips, and flys

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VenomizedCobra
    I have been working my chest out for quite some time now. I have seen results in the middle of the chest and more definition there but I am not getting any results in my outer chest and lower chest, which i need for better definition. Can someone recommend some excercises/grips I should use (groips meaning hold the barbell closer or further) to develop this area?
    I think wide grip incline bench and dumbbell flyes (incline and flat) get the best results. Throw in some dips for good measure. Btw, when I say wide grip I don't mean ridiculously wide, I mean around 6-9 inches wider than you'd normally grip the bar. You'll probably find it a little harder to press with a wider grip because the triceps aren't helping out as much which is a good thing.

As a side note I find the pec deck hits that area which is why I use it but unless your shoulders have a track record of no complaints I wouldn't gamble with it and just do dumbbell flyes instead.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VenomizedCobra
    weighted leaning forward dips give a wider sweep to lower chest
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement