RcKyPAO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Personal Trainer Q&A please!

I'm considering on becoming a personal trainer and was thinking of getting training through www.nationalpersonaltraininginstitute.com . Has anyone heard of these people and are they a respectable establishment for getting proper training. If not, what would you recommend as a good way to get into this line of work.
    Stats-
    height= 6'5''
    weight= 240 lbs
    bodyfat%= 8%
    age= 23

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No need in that inless you have no clue about personal trianing.

I suggest stopping by www.NSCA-Lift.org

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    www.acefitness.com

Both places I've been speaking to about a position recommend this certification.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

f*ck you, carpal tunnel mightymouse37's Avatar
    mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd go with NSCA or ACSM. They're probably the two most respected organizations, and they turn out the most knowledgeable trainers (in general anyway). ACE is ok too, though not quite as involved and you won't learn quite as much. It's a bit easier and cheaper though so it's pretty popular. Most clients don't know the difference and ACE is more than adequate; if you really want to learn a lot though check out the first two.
    You're = you are.
    Your = your.

I have no respect for those with no respect for logic.
    - Arnold, "Twins"

When life gives you a T-Rex, go Ninja-kick it in the head.
    - Rayne Summers

I've been lifting since I was about the age of 12 so I'm pretty well versed in weight training but I'd like to receive the best training possible(best training for the buck). Thanks for the links though I've been searching through their sites. I have heard ACE thrown around alot but I'm not sure if they'd meet my goal as to try and work for a professional sports team.
    Stats-
    height= 6'5''
    weight= 240 lbs
    bodyfat%= 8%
    age= 23

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RcKyPAO
    I've been lifting since I was about the age of 12 so I'm pretty well versed in weight training but I'd like to receive the best training possible(best training for the buck). Thanks for the links though I've been searching through their sites. I have heard ACE thrown around alot but I'm not sure if they'd meet my goal as to try and work for a professional sports team.
    If you want to work with professional athletes, www.NSCA-Lift.org is the way to go!

Look up the CSCS

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FortifiedIron
    If you want to work with professional athletes, www.NSCA-Lift.org is the way to go!

Look up the CSCS

Kc

way too advanced for someone just starting out I've been a certified trainer(NASM) for a year and I'm still studying for the CSCS, take your time with it
    Chicks dig big calves

MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarkyMark83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    all of those places r great....i think that to be a good personal trainer, you have to have logged a lot of hours in the gym yourself.....there are all kinds of clients, who ask u virtually anything, u gotta be prepared and have a lot of experience to be good......

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I got ACE certified just to get the freakin' piece of paper and get a job in a gym. Their continuing Ed was biased, and when they refused my NSCA CEUs, I told them to shove it. But, it got me in the door. The CSCS is a very prestigious and credible one. Maybe someday for me, as I don't have a Bachelors yet. Yet I have worked alongside trainers with CSCSs that had no clue. Get the credible cert, but be a credible trainer. I attracted clients because of the success of my clients and knowledge I demonstrated while training them.
    Don't be a dime-a-dozen trainer.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ATrainer
    I got ACE certified just to get the freakin' piece of paper and get a job in a gym. Their continuing Ed was biased, and when they refused my NSCA CEUs, I told them to shove it. But, it got me in the door. The CSCS is a very prestigious and credible one. Maybe someday for me, as I don't have a Bachelors yet. Yet I have worked alongside trainers with CSCSs that had no clue. Get the credible cert, but be a credible trainer. I attracted clients because of the success of my clients and knowledge I demonstrated while training them.
    Don't be a dime-a-dozen trainer.

AT you do not need a sport sciene based degree, you just need a bachelors in anything
    Chicks dig big calves

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bigpump23
    AT you do not need a sport sciene based degree, you just need a bachelors in anything
    I know. That's what irks me. If I go get my BS, I'm hoping to design the curriculum myself.

For my needs, the U of U's Sports Science Fitness Leadership degree is too lightweight, yet the Exercise physiology is too Calculus oriented. For my needs, I want to have access to testing equipment and test subjects and let loose to get real answers to valid Qs.

Most of my kinesiology is self taught from college texts. I need formal training there, and some medical courses like EKG analysis. When I get around to getting my degree, I want to make every class count toward the knowledge I need, not what they want me to have. I ain't no cookie cutter Phys Ed major. I can't go where I want to go on their program.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

Alright so I guess i should get ACE certified, finish up my BS(which is BS) so that way i can get CSCS certified and make some pretty decent moneyz. Keep the info flowing though ppl, alot of good info is being spit out for wannabe trainers like myself.
    Stats-
    height= 6'5''
    weight= 240 lbs
    bodyfat%= 8%
    age= 23

Originally Posted by RcKyPAO
    Alright so I guess i should get ACE certified, finish up my BS(which is BS) so that way i can get CSCS certified and make some pretty decent moneyz. Keep the info flowing though ppl, alot of good info is being spit out for wannabe trainers like myself.

CSCS ain't no easy cert to get my friend but best of luck
    Chicks dig big calves

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah...even I admit ACE is just a foot in the door. It's a legit certificate, but it's probably easiest to get. If they require you to have a cert, you could walk in and take the test off the street (and pay the fee, of course) and pass it if you're good enough. If not, you can order study materials online. They require you to be CPR certified, but that's REALLY easy to do...
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.