Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Running+Lifting=Fat Loss and muscle growth?

if i run while im still lifting, and i dont change my diet, will i lose some fat while still gaining muscle? i really dont want to cut and lose muscle
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people out-smart eachother, then themselves.

builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) builder121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To be honest i do my cardio for my health benefits. dude remember you started lifting to become healthy well i did anyway. Running wont harm ya aslong as its not long ass cardio. Interval training is the best but not on training days.

Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by builder121 View Post
    To be honest i do my cardio for my health benefits. dude remember you started lifting to become healthy well i did anyway. Running wont harm ya aslong as its not long ass cardio. Interval training is the best but not on training days.
    but will i lose fat and not lose muscle?
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people out-smart eachother, then themselves.

PappyMason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappyMason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what up jumping jack i do those for cardio.

135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 135bench has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just eat around you maintence calories, do SOME cardio, maybe like 15 minutes a day or something and lift as well and you will lose fat gain muscle

FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingStepz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like vague and uneducated advice.

Noob gains = fat loss and muscle growth, after that, don't bother doing cardio other than for the other benefits of cardio.

Alphe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alphe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should run for 30+ minutes without stopping to get best results for cardio.. then gradually increase the speed and distance. I was wondering the same question tho.. as long as there is a surplus in calories you can gain weight correct?

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you CANNOT gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you have super genetics, to gain muscle you need a calorie surplus, to lose fat you need a calorie deflict.
    /thread

Humptastic Sextacular! BayAreaBB's Avatar
    BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, some people just don't get it. Let me break it down for you.

For muscle growth, one must be eating an excess of calories. Cardio burns calories that could have been used for said muscle growth. In essence, if you are doing cardio, the result is the same as simply eating less (as far as muscle growth is concerned) and you won't get the calories you need.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You SHOULD do cardio during bulking, but not excess in attempts to lose fat. It's not practical and it wouldn't make any sense that you could lose energy while taking in excess energy, it's all physics. The law of conservation of energy... energy cannot be created or destroyed.

The reason you SHOULD do cardio during bulking is because it has health benefits, it increases your circulation (helps with muscle growth), it increases your bodies ability to utilize oxygen, you increase aerobic enzymes, and specifcally doing low intensity cardio after a weight lifting session where lactic acid levels rise, you can lower the lactate level in your blood by doing it... which only helps. BUT, if you do cardio while bulking you need to make sure the calories burned in the week by cardio have been replaced by he diet.

Under normal circumstances it is not likely that you body can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time... this is only possible if you are just starting to lift, if you are chemically enhanced, or you have superior genetics... if none of these apply then attempting to do this is extremely inefficient if gaining muscle mass is your primary goal.

KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You could try the Anabolic Diet... It sounds like it tastes great...

Im cutting and using football as part of my cardio and I run sometimes on weekends... And since we have football ALL THE ****ING TIME i only get to lift 1-2 times a week so i make it count... And Im taking CLA right now cuz Id like to get my Body Fat around 9-10 and then bulk up to 190 lbs (ATLEAST) possibly 200 lbs for next september...

Ive only done one bulk period and this is my first cut period (Just started in the summer) During the summer I worked out 3 times a week (Fullbody routine Mon/Wed/Fri) and then I also did Plyos on Tues and Sundays... And every so often Id go out and do a few sprints... and Id do Cardio every now and then to help keep conditioning up for football...

During the season the only supps I use are... Whey and CLA and I take a scoop of NO before I workout... and then while im bulking I use Creatine/Glutamine/Whey and after this tub of NO itll prolly be my first and last just cuz i find it somewhat unnecessary for my goals

Im also looking into maybe taking EC on weekends for Cardio (Just like 200/16... like 30-45 minutes before i goto run.. only once a day i wont be doing the classic 200/25 three times a day)
    Legalize it and I will advertise it!

BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BayAreaBB View Post
    Wow, some people just don't get it. Let me break it down for you.

For muscle growth, one must be eating an excess of calories. Cardio burns calories that could have been used for said muscle growth. In essence, if you are doing cardio, the result is the same as simply eating less (as far as muscle growth is concerned) and you won't get the calories you need.
    I agree with most but its not fully true , you can cut down b/f without losing any muscle .. it seems from your post that it is not possible .

BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lift weights first, do some cardio, then eat some carbs and protein there after.
    (ಠ_ಠ)( ۞_۟۞) ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

ذربايجان ديلیMISC VIGILANTEذربايجان ديلی

Secret rep trading threads are secret.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ The Misc. Mid Rollers ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Humptastic Sextacular! BayAreaBB's Avatar
    BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BayAreaBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BuildKing View Post
    I agree with most but its not fully true , you can cut down b/f without losing any muscle .. it seems from your post that it is not possible .
    I read through my post... Help me out and point out where I said one cannot lose fat while retaining muscle?

BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEQ one has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BayAreaBB View Post
    I read through my post... Help me out and point out where I said one cannot lose fat while retaining muscle?
    Some other dude said it, not you YAY area.
    (ಠ_ಠ)( ۞_۟۞) ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

7% bodyfat here I come Mike Zero's Avatar
    Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mephisto91 View Post
    if i run while im still lifting, and i dont change my diet, will i lose some fat while still gaining muscle? i really dont want to cut and lose muscle
    I say yes. Don't listen to that BS about calorie surplus/deficit. It's true to a certain extent, but not the way most people portray it. Do you people seriously think your body says "Oh, I've eaten a surplus today, so I'll grow today" or "Oh, I've eaten a deficit today, so I'll shrink". No way.

What about this? What if you needed 3000 cal to maintain. You get up at 8am, eat absolutely nothing throughout the day until 8pm, eat 3500 QUALITY calories. How much muscle growth would you get then? **** all I say. Because the growth you experience throughout the good few hours of digestion/whatever after you eat those 3500 calories is massively outweighted by the catabolism throughout the day. But you're eating in surplus for the day ZOMG!!1!1` THIS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING IVE EVER LEARNT.

Thus I believe you need to break down the surplus/deficits into.. Oh I dunno, two hours. Sure you wouldn't ACTUALLY do this if you were counting your macros or something (you'd just make sure you got your food fairly evenly spaced throughout the day). But to define whether or not you GREW or SHRUNK within those 1/2/3/whatever hours. Do you people honestly believe that the tiniest amount of muscle burned half an hour of low intensity cardio would cancel out the rest of the days worth of growing? No way, that's absolute BS.

So yeah, I believe it's possible, that in one given day, you can net gain muscle and net lose fat. But there's a point where the muscle lost would outweigh the muscle gained, so just try and lose fat REALLY slowly. 1-2lbs/month.

LIl_ronnie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIl_ronnie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by FlyingStepz View Post
    Sounds like vague and uneducated advice.

Noob gains = fat loss and muscle growth, after that, don't bother doing cardio other than for the other benefits of cardio.
    so you don't do any cardio?
    to be as big and ripped as i naturally can

If you understand how fat loss works and how muscle anabolism works you can tell that you can do both. Fat loss occurs when you increase your activity level so that your energy spent in total is above your energy consumed through food. Muscle is built by resistance training and a positive nitrogen balance. Positive nitrogen balance occurs when you retain more nitrogen than you excrete. Therefore for fat loss you need to increase your activity levels and for muscle building you need to lift some weights and eat a lot of protein.
    (ಠ_ಠ)( ۞_۟۞) ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Originally Posted by LIl_ronnie View Post
    so you don't do any cardio?
    Do you? What does it matter? People do what they find suitable.
    (ಠ_ಠ)( ۞_۟۞) ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BEQ one View Post
    If you understand how fat loss works and how muscle anabolism works you can tell that you can do both. Fat loss occurs when you increase your activity level so that your energy spent in total is above your energy consumed through food. Muscle is built by resistance training and a positive nitrogen balance. Positive nitrogen balance occurs when you retain more nitrogen than you excrete. Therefore for fat loss you need to increase your activity levels and for muscle building you need to lift some weights and eat a lot of protein.
    You got the right idea but it's flawed. You could eat all the protein you wanted and not gain any muscle provided you weren't in a caloric surplus. You could do all the cardio you wanted and not lose an ounce of fat provided you aren't in a caloric deficit. Sure if you are just starting to lift and eat below maintenace it's likely you will gain muscle but thats more of an adaptive response your body takes. There's a lot more to muscle anabolism than just protein alone... i think thats been proven time and time again.

there aso a reason why you see people doing tons of cardio and not losing an ounce of fat.

Originally Posted by BEQ one View Post
    Also, why is it when people are expending more calories than they take in trying to maintain their muscle on a daily basis? If what you are saying is correct then why is it that people tend to lose muscle mass when losing bodyfat. If what you are saying is true, then you could be in a calorie deficit and just eat more protein and you won't lose muscle... it DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT, not only scientifically speaking but from my own experience as well as every other bodybuilding.com forum member that's actually done a cut... no offense, but your experience seems to be lacking.