kdeezy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kdeezy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Improve One-Foot Jumping Techniqe

Alright I am 6'4, 182 lbs, 15 years old. I have an okay vertical. From a standstill/2 step approach I can easily get grab the rim with two hands and can nearly dunk it. However, from a run I can barely grab the rim.

I used to be able to jump off of one foot from the run pretty well and used to be able to dunk alright. However, I then broke my toe and wasn't able to run for 3 weeks and jumping from a run is very awkward to me.

What can I do to improve my running jumping technique?

Thanks.

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kdeezy View Post
    Alright I am 6'4, 182 lbs, 15 years old. I have an okay vertical. From a standstill/2 step approach I can easily get grab the rim with two hands and can nearly dunk it. However, from a run I can barely grab the rim.

I used to be able to jump off of one foot from the run pretty well and used to be able to dunk alright. However, I then broke my toe and wasn't able to run for 3 weeks and jumping from a run is very awkward to me.

Thanks.
    A good exercise in the VJB is the 1-2-3 jump, where you take 1 step with the right, then with the left, and then jump off the right (either left or right leg). The VJB should help you out if you are a constant 1 foot jumper, mainly since it is basketball oriented as well.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kdeezy View Post

Thanks.
    cool i turned you green, the vjbs a good choice or you could just do exercises that worked 1 leg at a time like the last guys said do the 1234 or try step ups

DanMyersMN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)