Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

kdeezy is not very helpful. (-500) kdeezy is not very helpful. (-500)

Improve One-Foot Jumping Techniqe

Alright I am 6'4, 182 lbs, 15 years old. I have an okay vertical. From a standstill/2 step approach I can easily get grab the rim with two hands and can nearly dunk it. However, from a run I can barely grab the rim.

I used to be able to jump off of one foot from the run pretty well and used to be able to dunk alright. However, I then broke my toe and wasn't able to run for 3 weeks and jumping from a run is very awkward to me.

What can I do to improve my running jumping technique?

Thanks.

Stats: 6'0", 234 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9866
    Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fullback7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Fullback7's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by kdeezy View Post
    Alright I am 6'4, 182 lbs, 15 years old. I have an okay vertical. From a standstill/2 step approach I can easily get grab the rim with two hands and can nearly dunk it. However, from a run I can barely grab the rim.

I used to be able to jump off of one foot from the run pretty well and used to be able to dunk alright. However, I then broke my toe and wasn't able to run for 3 weeks and jumping from a run is very awkward to me.

Thanks.
    A good exercise in the VJB is the 1-2-3 jump, where you take 1 step with the right, then with the left, and then jump off the right (either left or right leg). The VJB should help you out if you are a constant 1 foot jumper, mainly since it is basketball oriented as well.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Stats: 5'11", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 14716
    sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sohard88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit sohard88's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by kdeezy View Post

Thanks.
    cool i turned you green, the vjbs a good choice or you could just do exercises that worked 1 leg at a time like the last guys said do the 1234 or try step ups

Stats: 5'11", 224 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5271
    DanMyersMN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit DanMyersMN's BodySpace