SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Excercises for different parts of bicep?

Hey you know how there are two brachiis(sp?) in the bicep, one on the outer of your arm and one on the inside... Can U tell me some excercise that specifically train either of the two brachii? Eg. Concentration curls= Outer brachii(not sure if thats correct but just for the idea)
    -thanks

nemo416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    using a wider grip on straight barbell curls emphasizes the outer head. using a curl bar does that too.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPIKER00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anything for inner head?, thats where i'm lacking

evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea do the opposite , use a closer grip
    Eat Big , Lift Big , Train Smart

***John Gunnz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You mean the arm has three parts. Triceps (2), and biceps (1).

I never heard, or knew that biceps had two parts. Biceps are biceps.

There are no specific exercises for each part (if there are different parts)...
    Previously known as:

- Jean Schernoff
    - John Gunns -
    - GoodForHisAge -
    - I forgot....but I guarantee you there were over 30 more!

Wanna see me? Watch me on UFC when I become a pro after high.

evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) evilgrimm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the biceps is one part , but it is split into half , the inner bicep is closer to your chest and the outer is on the other side

Originally posted by evilgrimm
    the biceps is one part , but it is split into half , the inner bicep is closer to your chest and the outer is on the other side
    In the other side? WTF?

Be more specific. Upper and lower you mean?
    Previously known as:

- Jean Schernoff
    - John Gunns -
    - GoodForHisAge -

alright hold your arm out so the biceps is facing you , now the side that is near your chest is the INNER bicep and the side that is on the other side right below your shoulder is the OUTER bicep

nemo416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the bicep muscle has two heads, inner and outer. hence the name bi-ceps. the triceps muscle has three. i remember pics of ronnie coleman that showed the two heads very well.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

Got it thanks.
    Previously known as:

- Jean Schernoff
    - John Gunns -
    - GoodForHisAge -

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by ***John Gunnz
    Got it thanks.
    I'm sure you got it, but just in case you don't...

bi = 2 -biceps

tri = 3 -triceps

quad = 4-quadriceps
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by nemo416
    using a wider grip on straight barbell curls emphasizes the outer head. using a curl bar does that too.
    You got it backwards.
    Widegrip= Inner Head
    CloseGrip= Outer Head

And yea a bicep does have 2 heads, hence the word BI.

tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by evilgrimm
    yea do the opposite , use a closer grip

those two exercises (close grip and wide grip curls) are very dangerous. they WILL lead to elbow problems and you will not be able to do ANY kind of curl.
    "I do not agree with a word you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
    "Always be generous with other people's money."

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yea if you do them too wide but maybe like 1-2 grip outward or inward will place more emphasize on the bicep head you want.

my forearms arent damaged , i think it is a worthwhile exercise to help the biceps , i dont do the same exercise twice in a row for every workout , you can use it for variety

Registered User Mr.Twistee.Arms's Avatar
    Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo,

Alright, here is a little trick for all you guys who want to get the "Big Guns". This is i think, the best exercise for your biceps.

21's

Take a Ez Bar and start with the outside grips, curl the weight 7 times just up half way, then bring it all the way up and lower it only half way down and bring it back up 7 times. Then the pain comes, do 7 FULL curls. Thats 1 set of 21's.

On your 3rd set move to the inner grips to work the second muscle of your biceps. The 4th set will be hard, so dont be affraid to cheat, within reason.

**REMINDER**

You MUST workout your Shoulers and Triceps to get your biceps, i know it sounds weird but you wont get that nice little ball without those two muscles.

Hope that helps

heh 21's tight as hell , i use them at least once a month , try doing 21's on preacher curls , it feels good

Registered User Mr.Twistee.Arms's Avatar
    Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Twistee.Arms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hehehe thats living life dangerous!