Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 161 lbs
    modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) modified7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit modified7's BodySpace

how long does it take the body to repair and build new muscle?

im sure it varies a bit but is there some sort of gauge on when its complete?

like you workout stimulate/tear the muscle fibers how long before they are repaired and the new bigger muscle is built ?

does anyone know?

Stats: 5'11", 238 lbs
    BodyPoints: 40
    Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Powerbuilt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Powerbuilt's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by modified7
    im sure it varies a bit but is there some sort of gauge on when its complete?

like you workout stimulate/tear the muscle fibers how long before they are repaired and the new bigger muscle is built ?

does anyone know?
    Everyone's recovery is different. If your doing a 5 day split focusing on 1 muscle group a day and average 9-14 sets, around 3 to 4 days. If your doing a circuit routine with 3-4 sets two days.

There are a ton of factors though..
    Did you go heavy?
    Are you bulking or cutting?
    Protein intake?
    Sleep?
    Failure sets?
    Newbie or Advanced?
    Injured?

As a rule I go 2 to 3 days with a five day split. I'll word back on Monday then biceps on Thursday giving me 3 days. This is usually enough unless its a switch up week and my rep / set scheme completely changes. Then i may be sore a bit longer. But to counteract I'll pull 220G+ of protein, 400G+ Complex carbs, not for recovery so much, but for growth during the changeup. The two walk hand in hand soo it makes no difference.

Newbies take a bit longer with 3-5 days for enough recovery to work that part again.

Stats: 6'3", 245 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5901
    Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Blackout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Blackout's BodySpace
    Yeah, it depends on the persons genetics, habits, and mainly the intensity of the session. Sometimes 2-3 days, sometimes 7 or more. There is no definite answer, thats why bbing is so fun, eh?

X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    a few questions here....Does the fact that your muscle are sore tell you anything in terms of the repair process? Ive been working out seriously now for about a month only (im a noob)...i noticed in the first week i felt 'next day pain' in my pecs big time etc. But now, for the last 3 weeks i dont seem to get any pain at all???
    am i lifting too light??
    *Should* i feel the pain the next day to know i have teared my muscles in order for them to repair?

im 154lb and only benching my body weight currently. How often should i AIM in stepping up the weights. Trying to step it up every week (or 2)!

[wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DalePurdon
    a few questions here....Does the fact that your muscle are sore tell you anything in terms of the repair process? Ive been working out seriously now for about a month only (im a noob)...i noticed in the first week i felt 'next day pain' in my pecs big time etc. But now, for the last 3 weeks i dont seem to get any pain at all???
    am i lifting too light??
    *Should* i feel the pain the next day to know i have teared my muscles in order for them to repair?

im 154lb and only benching my body weight currently. How often should i AIM in stepping up the weights. Trying to step it up every week (or 2)!
    Stick to your routine for 12 weeks, then take a week off.

If your reps are getting too high, increase the weight.

Use dropsets, supersets, forced negatives, partial reps at the end of some of your closing sets.

After the 12 weeks + 1, change your routine to something different. Try 12 weeks of power work, 5x5, push/pull. Whatever, just change it and keep changing it every 12+1 weeks.

Eat more.

Ensure your pre-/post-workout nutrition is correct.
    wowstrongarms.com - the home of WSA on the internet

disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000) disco2005 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    they say you should rest the muscle for at least 48hrs but its all a progressive thing

BodyPoints: 155
    Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Oz Enhanced has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Oz Enhanced's BodySpace
    5 minutes

X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) X-Manifest is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    <Use dropsets, supersets, forced negatives, partial reps at the end of some of your closing sets.>

I know i could find this out but you culd tell me right now

wha exactly are dropsets and supersets....i assume dropsets are simply dropping the weights? why would you do that?

Supersets increasing weights?

I assume negative are when you say in a bench press release the bar down really slowly towards your chest creating that prolonged burning sensation!

BodyPoints: 3319
    Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Trappy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Trappy's BodySpace
    Drop sets are the same as strip sets.. basically lets say you're benching 155.

You bench 155 for however many reps, then you take a plate off each side, lift till failure, take a plate off, lift till failure. Basically you have no rest and strip weight off each set.

Supersets are where you combine two exercises done straight after each other.. generally done with the same muscle group but can be done with different. I'll give you 2 examples:

Biceps: a set of barbell curls followed straight away by concentration curls.

Biceps/triceps: barbell curls followed by skullcrushers.

Basically 2 sets in a row with no rest inbetween. Also you usually do it with one muscle group, I think the only one it works doing with two is arms really.

Both dropsets/supersets are both forms of shock workouts. Don't do them everytime you workout.
    Hai guise.

[wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000) [wowstrongarms] is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OMG.. err ok.

dropsets: load up the bench with 10s or 20s to your normal max. Do a set. Immediately strip off a weight from each side. Do another set. Etc. Until the bar id clean and press that if you like.

supersets: do one exerice followed by another. the same or opposing muscle groups normally, e.g. push/pull like chest press/bent row or chest press/flyes/pressups. no breaks.

partial reps: do your 1 rep max for example, but then push out 2-3 more half reps (which you will be able to do)

forced negs: no easy way to do this without a spotter, but for example you can do forced neg chest dips. Jump up onto the dip machine and then lower yourself slowly using your chest muscles over say 4 seconds.
    wowstrongarms.com - the home of WSA on the internet

Stats: 6'3", 212 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9711
    CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CLK-GTR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit CLK-GTR's BodySpace
    the way i always do negatives is to take more weight than you can handle. you need a really good and strong spotter who will lift the weight up with you and then its your job to control it on the way down. it only really works with certain exercises like bench press, but my god i have never been so sore as when i do those
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+

Sounds good! Going to have to try that.