RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

MR Arthrogram Pain?

I have to get one of these next Monday due to possible labral tear and torn cartillage. My doc said the shot can be painful. Is this true? Sorry, I guess I'm just a big sissy about this ****.

AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RyanGrob View Post
    I have to get one of these next Monday due to possible labral tear and torn cartillage. My doc said the shot can be painful. Is this true? Sorry, I guess I'm just a big sissy about this ****.
    The Arthrogram is where they take a giant needle and stick it all the way into the joint and then inject some dye into the joint capsule.

The needle is very thin and they use some anesthetic on the site.

The only part that hurt was when they punctured the joint capsule and it was just a little twinge of pain.

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AphtaLyfe View Post
    The needle is very thin and they use some anesthetic on the site.

I havnt had an arthrogram MRI but if its that kind of needle (which I have had in my capsule) it will be a breeze..I didnt flinch..you shouldnt feel much.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another question, anyone have a SLAP tear? That's a possibility for what I have, misdiagnosed as bicep tendonitis. He said I would receive surgery if it was diadnosed as a tear. How much pain were you in when you found out you had a tear? How was your ROM? Any motions that hurt? It's odd, I have full ROM, no popping and no pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Another question, anyone have a SLAP tear? That's a possibility for what I have, misdiagnosed as bicep tendonitis. He said I would receive surgery if it was diadnosed as a tear. How much pain were you in when you found out you had a tear? How was your ROM? Any motions that hurt? It's odd, I have full ROM, no popping and no pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    the arthrogram is a blast...If anything, you will just be nervous and uncomfortable the entire time. Sure, it hurts, but not bad. It's just the thought of knowing you have a 3.5inch needle in your shoulder...Flirt with a couple of the cute ladies in the room to help you relax, there were about five people in the room at the time of injection. The first time on my left shoulder hurt more then my right, I know the guy doing it the second time was more experienced.

Here is the picture of the needle in my right shoulder

here is a picture of my left shoulder with the dye injected.

The SLAP tear is simply a tear of the labrum in a certain location...I believe they called my shoulder a SLAP type II tear. My left shoulder was torn in the front (required one anchor) and in the back (two anchors to fix), while my right one was simply torn from 530 to 9 in the back. The MRI results from my left shoulder only showed the tear in the front, not the one in the back. The MR on my right shoulder showed everything that was torn.

Don't worry much about surgery yet man, you could be fine! I'm in a sling right now on my right arm...

I trained for almost two years with both shoulders torn. Sure, I couldn't connect the dumbbells at the top while flat bench pressing, but hey I did what I could. I could row like a mad man without any pain. Pain/subluxations (partial dislocations) would come at random, one time I couldn't sleep for three nights because my left shoulder hurt so much. A few days later, it didn't hurt at all. I had full ROM.

Again, best of luck to you and I (along with the others who already posted in this thread) will answer any questions about surgery if you have to go that route.
    "Note: this is not "MaskSpace." Masks are fine only if more of your body is shown in the photo (other than just the mask.) Loincloths and/or aboriginal penile sheaths are not permitted."

-BodySpace photo guidelines

Wow thanks BradleyS! That was very informative. I will definately be messaging you later this month when I get my results.

One question for you, how did you know it was time to go to the doc? What specifically was bothering you? This would help ease maybe some worries I have. Thanks again man, really appreciate it.

BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow thanks BradleyS! That was very informative. I will definately be messaging you later this month when I get my results.

One question for you, how did you know it was time to go to the doc? What specifically was bothering you? This would help ease maybe some worries I have. Thanks again man, really appreciate it.
    I didn't go to the doctor when they would subluxate constantly (well the first time I did), I didn't go when they would ache for days, and I didn't go when I sat there in pain. I would lay in bed at night in constant pain and think "tomorrow is a new day, i'll wake up pain free" and did most of the time. What really did it for me was when I couldn't bench press any longer. It hurt to do 20lbs on an incline bench press machine. I couldn't touch the DBs at the top of a flat bench press without my shoulders wanting to collapse. Those symptoms pushed me over the edge, and led me down this awesome path of pain.

So in short, I went to the doctor when I couldn't lift anymore

It really sucks waiting a few days after the MRI to get a phone call about what is wrong. I hated waiting. Of course I already knew what was wrong...they yelled at me plenty of times in the actual machine to stop moving...but when they put my arm above my head and a small weight on my hand to keep it down my shoulder wouldn't want to stay in place. Worst 30 mins of my life, trying to keep my shoulder in without moving...
    Last edited by BradleyS; 10-04-2007 at 03:25 PM.
    "Note: this is not "MaskSpace." Masks are fine only if more of your body is shown in the photo (other than just the mask.) Loincloths and/or aboriginal penile sheaths are not permitted."

-BodySpace photo guidelines

JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000) JackG is just really nice. (+1000)
    the arthogram only feels like crap if they keep poking you. the good docs can get it in on one try. If they hit the bone, it just feels weird.
    An extra 10% is the difference between good and great.

bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbgonnabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just had it done a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't really painful at all. The radiologist applied a local anesthetic which hurt more than the needle with the contrast material in it. All I felt when the big needle was in was some pressure and minor discomfort. My labrum is torn. It's the part of the cartilage that connects the bicep tendon to the cup of the shoulder joint (SLAP tear).

Originally Posted by bbgonnabe View Post
    I just had it done a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't really painful at all. The radiologist applied a local anesthetic which hurt more than the needle with the contrast material in it. All I felt when the big needle was in was some pressure and minor discomfort. My labrum is torn. It's the part of the cartilage that connects the bicep tendon to the cup of the shoulder joint (SLAP tear).
    ****, that's exactly what my doc thinks it is. What are your options?

Originally Posted by BradleyS View Post
    I didn't go to the doctor when they would subluxate constantly (well the first time I did), I didn't go when they would ache for days, and I didn't go when I sat there in pain. I would lay in bed at night in constant pain and think "tomorrow is a new day, i'll wake up pain free" and did most of the time. What really did it for me was when I couldn't bench press any longer. It hurt to do 20lbs on an incline bench press machine. I couldn't touch the DBs at the top of a flat bench press without my shoulders wanting to collapse. Those symptoms pushed me over the edge, and led me down this awesome path of pain.

So in short, I went to the doctor when I couldn't lift anymore

It really sucks waiting a few days after the MRI to get a phone call about what is wrong. I hated waiting. Of course I already knew what was wrong...they yelled at me plenty of times in the actual machine to stop moving...but when they put my arm above my head and a small weight on my hand to keep it down my shoulder wouldn't want to stay in place. Worst 30 mins of my life, trying to keep my shoulder in without moving...

Ouch man, I'm sorry! That sounds awful! I've had MRI's and Bone Scan's done before. Sitting still doesn't bother me, just needles that are longer than my fingers going into my joint capsule bother me.

Well, just an update. Just got back from the Arthrogram. Not a pleasant experience but it wasn't too bad. My lady was good and pain was minimal. How long is the shoulder sore for? Thanks again guys for all the information.

Got my results back. It says:

FAVOR SUBLABRAL SULCUS OVER SHORT SEGMENT SUPERIOR LABRAL TEAR.

Basically in the report, he says it could be either or. What the hell is Sublabral Sulcus? I don't see my doctor for another 2 weeks so that's why I'm asking.

TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TallKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, I just had my arthrogram and MRI yesterday. I have my films, but won't find out what's wrong until Tuesday.

But I have a question for you, does your shoulder feel strong (like you could still life weights) but still alittle weaker then the other good shoulder? That's where I am right now, my right shoulder feels weak but if needed too, could still lift weights. Man, I hate not knowing whats wrong.

Originally Posted by TallKid View Post
    Hey man, I just had my arthrogram and MRI yesterday. I have my films, but won't find out what's wrong until Tuesday.

But I have a question for you, does your shoulder feel strong (like you could still life weights) but still alittle weaker then the other good shoulder? That's where I am right now, my right shoulder feels weak but if needed too, could still lift weights. Man, I hate not knowing whats wrong.
    Yes, I could still lift weights. My arm just feels like fatigued, and sometimes gets worse throughout the day. I would not diagnose it as pain, but rather when you have the flu and you're sort of achy.

How's your arm feel today? They said it would hurt for a few days after the test, mine didn't. Just felt heavy the rest of the day after the test.

Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bump

**** hurt really bad lol
    Last edited by lax28; 06-20-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    IG = @ Bmur18 - Follow me and message for reps

**BMBC...MANG!**

rep back 10k+

jmerrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just had one last Thursday on my shoulder....Yes the needle is big, and I was a nervous wreck. But the good news is besides the tiny prick of the needle numbing the area, I felt nothing. Keep your head turned away from the procedure. It is over in 10 minutes and your on your way to MRI.

Don't sweat it too much, it wasn't a big deal. Good Luck.

SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

I had it done on my right and most intense pain ive ever had in my life. Getting it in my left soon. ( gotta love bodybuilding) and im worried. May ask for some pain ****. That was crazy. Also did you guys feel a bit high after? I felt high for like 20 minutes. Maybe it was from the anasthetics? I was so mad. I was ready to kill every person in that room. The bish that did it said if anything goes wrong I will go get the main doctor. After screaming out She left the needle there and ran to get the doctor.

SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpinandIn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpinandIn View Post
    bump

I had it done on my right and most intense pain ive ever had in my life. Getting it in my left soon. ( gotta love bodybuilding) and im worried. May ask for some pain ****. That was crazy. Also did you guys feel a bit high after? I felt high for like 20 minutes. Maybe it was from the anasthetics? I was so mad. I was ready to kill every person in that room. The bish that did it said if anything goes wrong I will go get the main doctor. After screaming out She left the needle there and ran to get the doctor.

wENT COMPLETELY PAIN FREE! If the doc is new ask for a pro. Also the high was from adrenaline and drop in blood pressure becasue i was ****ing brave heart on the torture table. goodluck to any one that reads this. keep your shoulders healthy. ****ING SLAP TEARS UGGGGGGH ...............and possible meniscus tear on knee same time (faints)