Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sadiejude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive been trying this only i still eat! i have too. i get so sick to my stomach if not. But i do eat every 3 hours..fruits veggies...small snacks and a very light dinner.

This 3 hour diet seems to be really working. Ive been exercising also. sit ups and the elyptical although i dont know how long i should be on it for really good results. Usually every other day im on it for 25 minutes.

I just dont see how only drinking water can be effective loss. your just starving. you may as well be anorexic.

Isnt the digestive tract the biggest fat burner? well yes and you gotta keep it moving. Especially with high fiber foods. it takes the digestive tract longer to digest which means longer fat burning time.

I do drink water every day...atleast 2 big bottles. i used to never drink water. it made me sick to think about it. I would drink atleast a 2 liter of pepsi everyday. ive given that up!! its very hard but its working out well.

So yes eating constantly (the right foods) is very effective.

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DJohnson View Post
    This losing fat forum is getting ridiculous, people seem to get lazier and lazier the longer I'm around here.

Look at anyone who's gotten ripped and stayed there and see if they crash dieted (Velocity, PSMF, Juice fasting, retarded maple syrup fasting, or water fasting). I guarantee you that they haven't. Every single admirable physique I've seen on these forums was created with hard work. If you could just stop eating and get a maintainble ripped body then everyone would have one.
    Originally Posted by PoundingTheRock View Post
    SO true...

I noticed that my first week here.

Everyone with a physique that I wanted was not doing these ridiculous diets...It didn't take me more then a coupla days on here to see that the way to get the results was to craft your diet into a LIFESTYLE.

If you can't make it a lifestyle then it's not for the people coming to the "losing fat forum" anyway...maybe some of this crazy crap might work for a veteran trying to break a plateau or something, but it's just bad advice for fat noobs.

I mean, you can't make a lifestyle out of maple syrup and pepper, and you definitely can't make a lifestyle out of starving!

Why are so many people even looking to this kind of thing anyway?

Is the desperation and impatience out there really that bad....?

I just don't get it.

Fat people should be trying to learn to live in co-exsistance with lots of healthy food, and to learn how to do it consistently...how can you do that if you are falling for all of these diets that go ten days or whatever...

After it's over you STILL have to learn how to do it right anyway...

My family falls for all of these fad diets like two three times a year, and they NEVER seem to learn, and they are still all fat, and getting fatter...it's very frustrating.
    The TRUTH. 100% agree with both of you.

Fat loss and muscle building is a way to live your life forever, not for 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

Reps to both
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    some of you really need to research or google the health benefits of fasting. a 10 day water fast is very very healthy assuming a person has no problems with their health.

fasting has been done since mans earliest recordings. I have water fasted for only 4 days and I had a ton of energy. Felt great. it really does the body good.

Like I said dont take my word for it or anyones here....google it. "the health benefits of fasting"

Educate youself before discussing subjects you know nothing of. That's not a smart azz comment either. it is one of logic that everyone should use through out their entire life.

naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by latverian View Post
    some of you really need to research or Google the health benefits of fasting. a 10 day water fast is very very healthy assuming a person has no problems with their health.

fasting has been done since mans earliest recordings. I have water fasted for only 4 days and I had a ton of energy. Felt great. it really does the body good.

Like I said dont take my word for it or anyone here....Google it. "the health benefits of fasting"

Educate yourself before discussing subjects you know nothing of. That's not a smart azz comment either. it is one of logic that everyone should use through out their entire life.

The thing is, you don't know what we know. So don't go around saying we are discussing subjects we know nothing about when it is really you who does not know. lol

The web is littered with sites that promote fasting, and the ones at the top of the list usually have something to sell you.

Real life experience and research as taught me that fasting is not something "I" would want to do to keep the muscle mass that "I" have worked so hard for many years to achieve. This is a bodybuilding sight, most here want to "build their body" not "melt away by deprivation"

Now, for people who like to fast, go for it. No one is stopping you.

Good day.

blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's two issues here:

(1) Is water fasting beneficial?
    (2) Is water fasting beneficial for fat loss or muscle gain?

The answer to (2) is a loud, resounding NO. Fasting to lose weight won't work. Period. In this case, 'fasting' is just another word for 'starving'...and no one got anywhere by starving.

The answer to (1) is different and much more subjective. I definitely believe that fasting has a lot of benefits - spiritually, physically and otherwise. So in this case 'fasting' is NOT simply 'starving'.

I noticed that the OP's post had much more of a "spiritual" feel than a "fat loss" feel (in fact the only reference to weight is a comparison to juice fasts), which I guess mostly leaves me curious why he posted it in a "Losing Fat" forum.

ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i did this diet, but i added in a protein shake once a day and i lost about 17 lbs in one week. then after i got off gained 12 of it back.

so y not jus eat healthy lose it the right way work ur balls off and keep ur muscle.

EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would be a fun experiment.

latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50) latverian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by naturalbrawn View Post
    The thing is, you don't know what we know. So don't go around saying we are discussing subjects we know nothing about when it is really you who does not know. lol

The web is littered with sites that promote fasting, and the ones at the top of the list usually have something to sell you.

Real life experience and research as taught me that fasting is not something "I" would want to do to keep the muscle mass that "I" have worked so hard for many years to achieve. This is a bodybuilding sight, most here want to "build their body" not "melt away by deprivation"

Now, for people who like to fast, go for it. No one is stopping you.

Good day.

For one I did NOT say any one person did not know what they were talking about.

If you read the paragraph it is structured in such a way as meaning anyone should educate themselves on a subject before running their mouth. No where in there does it say....this person or that person does not know what they are talking about and should educate themselves.

perhaps you need to educate yourself on how to read and understand.

As far as this being a bodybuilding site. True....but it is also one of being healthy. Just because one is a bodybuilder does not mean they are healthy.

Taking protien while fasting is dangerous. People have died because of that. If you fast fast with distilled water or fresh juices.

also fasting is good for a bodybuilder as well depending on their goals. Break down..rebuild...lose fat, build muscle. Fasting will cause some muscle loss sure but sometimes one must take two steps back before he/she can take 4 forward.

Unless the person is one of those BIG ppl who are just mostly fat and light weights and call themselves bodybuilders when in trith their fat % is that of an obese person.

Many people live in a fake reality so they can make themselves feel better. If someone wants to be a fat azz and lift weights and be HUGE but still have a crazy amount of bodyfat then by all means help yourself.....help yourself to a life of being unhealthy.

naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For one I did NOT say any one person did not know what they were talking about.

If you read the paragraph it is structured in such a way as meaning anyone should educate themselves on a subject before running their mouth. No where in there does it say....this person or that person does not know what they are talking about and should educate themselves.

perhaps you need to educate yourself on how to read and understand.

As far as this being a bodybuilding site. True....but it is also one of being healthy. Just because one is a bodybuilder does not mean they are healthy.

Taking protein while fasting is dangerous. People have died because of that. If you fast fast with distilled water or fresh juices.
    Now you have called me out by saying I need to educate myself on how to read.

You will win very little sympathy by talking about fasting on a bodybuilding site.

I really don't have anything to prove to you. Not that it would be a waste of time, it is just I don't really give a **** what you think.

Sometimes people just don't agree. This is one of those times.

Now go drink your juice and cry cause I burned you.

burned?

wow gents we have ourselves a really mature 36 yr old here. Yes I did say you need to educate yourself on how to read cause you clearly could not understand the message I was putting across. If that hurts your feelings then so be it.

If it also makes you feel like a man or a smart guy to say or think you "burned?" me then help yourself to that also.

You don't seem like a very educated person and I say this not just because you misunderstood my message...anyone can do that but because of your poor attitude at your age.

Enjoy!

burned?

wow gents we have ourselves a really mature 36 yr old here. Yes I did say you need to educate yourself on how to read cause you clearly could not understand the message I was putting across. If that hurts your feelings then so be it.

If it also makes you feel like a man or a smart guy to say or think you "burned?" me then help yourself to that also.

You don't seem like a very educated person and I say this not just because you misunderstood my message...anyone can do that but because of your poor attitude at your age.

Enjoy!

Dude, who cares. So you made an attempt at a come back. I'll give you a C+ for the effort.

You can have the last word if you want. I'll make this my last reply to this post. Maybe that way you can sleep tonight knowing you got the last word.

beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by giresun27 View Post
    Water Fast

You can fast from 1 to 40 days. Try to drink 2 liters of water or more per day.

The ten day water fast has become a recommended number of days. Ten days on water will cause the same weight loss as 30 days on juice. But water fasting is far more difficult, especially if you have a fast metabolism. Water fasting cleanses the body aggressively removing toxins rapidly. Water fasting can be more beneficial than juice fasting in combating more persistent forms of cancer, cleansing the tissues more aggressively. Water fasting demands mental preparation, the less pressure and responsibility you have during a water fast the better. Think of it a holiday away form the normal patterns of living. Some recommend that the week before your fast, you drink fresh juices and eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables to cleanse the body so that the detoxification during water fasting will be less aggressive. Water fasting should always include two of three days of juice fasting before and after the water fast. This alternating between juice and water fasting is the most effective method of achieving a full cleansing through fasting.

Water Fasting Tips
    Avoid water straight from the faucet. Distilled water is the best for cleansing because of its inherent, magnetic properties and ability to absorb and suspend large quantities of toxins, flushing them from the body. The perceived value of mineral water is misleading because the inorganic minerals are like huge boulders to the cellular membranes, making them impossible to assimilate. Plants are able to break down the minerals from the soils, allowing them to be completely absorbable to the cells of the body. The best water is distilled, secondly, spring or filtered.

Proteins & Fasting
    It was theorized that protein loss during fasting was harmful and that a fast should be supplemented with protein. Fasting with protein became known as the Opti-fast. Fasters took nothing but water and a protein drink. Sadly, several people died. Protein digestion during the fasting state created an overload of urea and the blood become acidic. In this condition, the organs become more damaged instead of healing. To the body, fasting is a natural process. During water or juice fasting, the protein levels of the blood remain constant. Although protein is being utilized, a person fasting 40 days on water will not suffer a deficiency of either protein, vitamins, minerals or fatty acids. In the breakdown of dying and diseased cells, all essential substances are available while fasting for reuse within the body. These dead cells are utilized in a systematic manner.

Protein deficiency is non existent in North America. You never hear of anyone being diagnosed with protein deficiency. Fruit and vegetable juices have water-soluble highly absorbable proteins. The body has a store of protein, and it uses it selectively. Dying cells are the first to be used and healthy and vital tissues are the very last and will only be used as a last resort. Only during starvation is protein being stripped from healthy tissue to be used to survive. This may take 30 to 80 days of fasting on water to reach this point.

The systematic searching of cells to be metabolized is crucial in the healing of cancer. A cancer cell represents protein and calories. Some cancers are so persistent that you have to force the body to choose between healthy cells and cancer cells. This requires a long fast on small portions of juice combined with days of water fasting.

nah man, thats so yesterday, its all about the hacksaw diet...i garauntee i can help you lose 60 lbs of unsightly limbs in 60 seconds or your money back!!!!!!!
    *ZMA, Superpump MAX, Green Tea Extract, Garlic Extract, Fish Oil, Joint Supp.*

Come at Me!!!

VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VATANICIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you wont get a high metabolism since u dont eat food..so the body wont work alot..+ when u willl start eating again u will gain the weight back and faster maybe even more then before dont its suicide and i bet u can't do it neway 10 days without food. !MEAT!
    Everyone wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't wanna lift heavy ass weights.