Location: BB.Com retirement community. Tanning with TIL, Rottie, etc
    devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much protein do I need, if I'm not on glutamine

I have nothing against supplements except for the fact that a lot of people don't recognize the key word supplement and get po'd when they dont lose weight due to not having proper diet and training in place. I personally cannot take supplements due to some other medical conditions, so I have to rely on protein to keep and gain muscle. My question though is without glutamine, how many grams of protein should I be eating in a day? Here is an example of a normal eating day for me.

meal one: egg whites and can of tuna in vegetable oil
    meal two: one cup lettuce with fat free dressing
    meal three: fat free cheese on whole wheat bread, and fruit
    meal four: one cup lettuce with fat free dressing
    meal five: skinless chicken breast or skinless fish, half cup cooked vegetables.
    meal six: one cup lettuce with fat free dressing

I also drink boat loads of water, one can of diet soda in the morning, but no milk (alergic to it).

speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thats a good question, I'd start with 1 gram per bodyweight and add 20 grams to that.

Most people use 20 grams of glutamine per day, so that seems to me like it could only spare 20 grams of muscle protein per day (I'm theorizing here, no research to back this up).

Location: BB.Com retirement community. Tanning with TIL, Rottie, etc
    devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds about right. BTW, know of any sites that list the amount of protein in each food?

speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)