kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimberley71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question breast implant placement and working out question...

y question is, how safe is it to work out the chest when you have implants with absolutely no breast tissue of your own? I was diagnosed with a pre cancerous lump in my right breast when i turned 30, so had a relatively new procedure where the plastic surgeon removes all your breast tissue and put's in implants. I have my implants behind the muscle and am wondering if most body builders get theirs behind or in front of the muscle? I don't want to end up with deformed breasts in the end. Since most female body builders have little to no breast tissue of their own, i figured they would have advice on this? It would also depend on their implant placement. Thanks, ~Kim

figuregirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not unsafe, but it can be uncomfortable especially if the implants are under the muscle tissue, they?ll get squeezed during work out.
    This all depend on what amount of muscle mass we?re talking about.
    It won?t be a problem for just the normal ?main stream like? work out.

Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sub-muscular

* Seldom bottoms out
    * Lowest risk of rippling
    * Little interference with mammograms
    * Lowest risk of capsule contracture

So the sub-muscular placement gives the best result. But it comes with a few of its own disadvantages. These are:

* It’s the most difficult to perform, so that not all surgeons are able to offer it
    * It involves the most post-op discomfort and longest recovery time
    * Some women who work out with weights say the muscle squeezes the implant, creating an unnatural shape
    * The breast implant sits higher on the chest, since the pecs don’t tend to sag. So if the woman has some breast sag, there may be some disconnect of contour between the implant mound and her natural breast tissue. This can be corrected by adding breast lift surgery to the breast augmentation surgery.

This last issue has been one of great concern for many women, especially those who have full workout regimes. Simply put, if your breast implants are under the muscle, then when you flex your pectoralis muscles (as you often do during workouts), your breasts may appear to move. Sometimes (though not commonly) the breast motion will appear quite distorted. Now, to bring things into perspective, you should realize that many women who work out (and even some professional female athletes) have implants under the muscle and are very happy with their appearance. In other words, if you work out a lot, do not automatically believe that your breast implants need to go over the muscle. Advantages for placing the implants under the muscle include less interference with mammography and less rippling in the upper half of the breast
    Last edited by mattf485; 10-02-2007 at 04:38 PM.
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

☆ Mighty Matts that Appreciate pUniCepts Appreciation Crew Appreciation Crew ☆ Founder ☆

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you repost this in the female general chat section, you'd probably get more responses.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom