Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I am my own experiment - going against the common beliefs

Hey guys

Since XC has come up, I am only lifting 2-4x a week of actual hard weight training (I go there every day, but other days just dick around and do abs or body weight exercises)

Anyways, I will be taking upon myself these experiments which I have already begun in hopes of debunking a lot of myth out there:

1. You need 1g + per pound of bodyweight to look good nekid.
    2. You shouldn't eat refined processed carbs or anything, or you'll get fat
    3. Don't drink milk any other time besides PWO since its really insulinogenic
    4. Don't eat a lot of carbs.
    5. Lots of low intensity cardio for long sessions makes you lose lots of muscle and look bad nekid.

Basically, I am going with a higher carb diet (50%) with 25% protein and 25% fat at 2300-2500 calories. I might be able to get away with a lot since I am running a LOT for cross country, but nonetheless, I will experiment.

Also drinking a liter of milk throughout the day, eating oatmeal BEFORE bed, yes you heard me. And enjoying my carbs pretty evenly throughout the whole day (40 grams per meal in addition to fruit and milk I have at every meal)

So far nothing has changed and I have been adopting this for the past month. This includes, chocolate chip pancakes, raisin bread french toast, hamburger buns with chicken patties. Basically going with "staying in the macros" but choosing less clean foods.

What has this yielded thus far? No change. If anything I am a little leaner and less bloated from ridiculous amounts of protein which I have come to believe have a higher glucose turn over than we think.

I will post regularly on this.

Hope this helps some of you who think you have to eat SO EFFING CLEAN ect to just obtain certain goals.

Let the games begin

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Go ahead and do everything wrong, no skin off our backs
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by friedrice683 View Post
    Hey guys

Since XC has come up, I am only lifting 2-4x a week of actual hard weight training (I go there every day, but other days just dick around and do abs or body weight exercises)

Anyways, I will be taking upon myself these experiments which I have already begun in hopes of debunking a lot of myth out there:

5. Lots of low intensity cardio for long sessions makes you lose lots of muscle and look bad nekid.

Basically, I am going with a higher carb diet (50%) with 25% protein and 25% fat at 2300-2500 calories. I might be able to get away with a lot since I am running a LOT for cross country, but nonetheless, I will experiment.

Also drinking a liter of milk throughout the day, eating oatmeal BEFORE bed, yes you heard me. And enjoying my carbs pretty evenly throughout the whole day (40 grams per meal in addition to fruit and milk I have at every meal)

So far nothing has changed and I have been adopting this for the past month. This includes, chocolate chip pancakes, raisin bread french toast, hamburger buns with chicken patties. Basically going with "staying in the macros" but choosing less clean foods.

What has this yielded thus far? No change. If anything I am a little leaner and less bloated from ridiculous amounts of protein which I have come to believe have a higher glucose turn over than we think.

Hope this helps some of you who think you have to eat SO EFFING CLEAN ect to just obtain certain goals.

Let the games begin
    you will easily get away with it during XC season in fact i would reccomend 50/30/20 if at all possible keep those carbs highest by far because u will be burning those like theres no 2marow

milk is perfectly fine anytime .. its one of the best sources of pro/carb mixture you can get.. y woulndt any human not want to consume it as it helps lead to fat loss

and with the cardio for long sessions.. i do that all the time and its helped me lose 100 pounds so im not switching.. i agree with you on that one

i come out of the gym literally with my shirt soaked to my skin, so until otherwise im not changing what i do either..

best of luck to you and ur XC season

and bottom line it comes down to calories in vs calories out

sure the foods may not be the best for you nutritionial wise, but you wont be going over ur caloric intake which wont give u fat gains / muscle loss

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    SOME of those, but not all, are beliefs that SOME bodybuilders share. Endurance athletes never thought of things in those terms to start with, and most eat a lot more than 2300-2500 if performance is what they're concerned with.

Enjoy your carbs.

friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love how that idiot posted "enjoy doing everything wrong"

LMFAO

Its not like I am enjoying white bread SOLELY to prove things wrong.

No, it's just I won't fret if I have a hamburger bun with my chicken sandwhich and some fat source.

In fact, lately, it has just proven the FACT that GI index truly does NOT matter as long as you eat other foods with protein and fat with it.

Excellent example is the study with white bread and nuts. White bread alone by itself is 100 on GI index, but when eaten with nuts it plummets to 50. Hmm...Now when eaten with some fibrous veggie, and protein source, which I have at every meal, if I have white bread, oh well. Of course I try not to, but I won't fret.

Oh and I had chocolate milk at dinner with regular milk after practice, it tasted good and guess what? I'm still in my macros...

I am starting to really follow what matthor describes in his IF eating and macros mattering. I think the only reason you would want to eat other better choices would be for satiety, but when you do count your macros and know what you can and cannot eat, then I don't think it matters.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)

LMFAO

No, it's just I won't fret if I have a hamburger bun with my chicken sandwhich and some fat source.

In fact, lately, it has just proven the FACT that GI index truly does NOT matter as long as you eat other foods with protein and fat with it.

Excellent example is the study with white bread and nuts. White bread alone by itself is 100 on GI index, but when eaten with nuts it plummets to 50. Hmm...Now when eaten with some fibrous veggie, and protein source, which I have at every meal, if I have white bread, oh well. Of course I try not to, but I won't fret.

Oh and I had chocolate milk at dinner with regular milk after practice, it tasted good and guess what? I'm still in my macros...

I am starting to really follow what matthor describes in his IF eating and macros mattering. I think the only reason you would want to eat other better choices would be for satiety, but when you do count your macros and know what you can and cannot eat, then I don't think it matters.
    I fit Reese's cups into my macros all the time. The ingredients are honestly not bad, just chocolate, pb, and sucrose, no hfcs or hydrogenated oils. And I agree that macros as a whole are much more important than this "squeaky clean" crap. But whatever you're eating, I still stand by the statement that it's nowhere near enough for an endurance athlete.

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes macro's are the most important thing in a diet - these can obviosuly be divided to work most beneficially such as most calories/carbs around training.

Without repeating myself yet again, I say eat the cereal, raisin toast, ice cream as long as it fits your macro's and isnt at the total expense of all things healthy. No one would say forget fruits and veggies completely or to get all your carbs from candy, but sourcing a small amount or every few days a slightly larger amount to satisfy cravings or due to convenience is not going to make a difference. It may even help psychologically by meeting cravings before they escalate into a binge.
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    never heard of the long low intensity burns muscle theory.. only the opposite
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People's bodies work differently there are very few truths.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    People's bodies work differently there are very few truths.
    haha i like marc's quote of "the body's not a textbook" so true...

and in regards to the diet. ChickenTuna did a bodyblog on how you can eat at maintenance with ****ty food but it all comes down to macros and quality of food to determine your body composition @ that weight.....
    "Don't Talk About It - Be About It"

Core Nutritionals Rep
    "Crush IT"

NSCA-CSCS Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Online Training/Nutrition Consultation

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Despite all the mythology on this site, there is no such thing as "eating clean."

I'm glad you have discovered a bit of reality amongst all the bull**** out there.
    No sir, I don't like it.

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well first off couple things..

Eating 2300-2500 calories a day well running, I am assuming you will be maintance or below on that amount so yeah you can eat pretty much everything but if your at maintance then it wont make a difference.

When I eat maintinance I tend to eat whatever I want as well, everything is fair game and I remain same bodyfat/strength/weight.

To really put this to the test you would have to try to bulk like that if you want to debunk those things.

Personally last time I bulked I ate what I wanted and as long as it fitted in my calories I was good with it, of course most of it was healthy but I ate out a lot as well and didnt notice a difference from it. As long as it fits your macros/cal goals eat whatever, But I still recommend eating healthy food majority of time for overall health benefits.

I know my bro is same bodytype as me, and he has endo tendencies and he got big off mcdonalds milk shakes post workotu with a sub, didnt get fat but got jacked and strong.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by young_squatter View Post
    Well first off couple things..

Eating 2300-2500 calories a day well running, I am assuming you will be maintance or below on that amount so yeah you can eat pretty much everything but if your at maintance then it wont make a difference.

When I eat maintinance I tend to eat whatever I want as well, everything is fair game and I remain same bodyfat/strength/weight.

To really put this to the test you would have to try to bulk like that if you want to debunk those things.

Personally last time I bulked I ate what I wanted and as long as it fitted in my calories I was good with it, of course most of it was healthy but I ate out a lot as well and didnt notice a difference from it. As long as it fits your macros/cal goals eat whatever, But I still recommend eating healthy food majority of time for overall health benefits.

I know my bro is same bodytype as me, and he has endo tendencies and he got big off mcdonalds milk shakes post workotu with a sub, didnt get fat but got jacked and strong.
    Did you still do macros or did you just eat healthy and get enough protein

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by young_squatter View Post
    As long as it fits your macros/cal goals eat whatever, But I still recommend eating healthy food majority of time for overall health benefits.
    yep
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tinyman5000 View Post
    Did you still do macros or did you just eat healthy and get enough protein
    Eat healthy for most part and get enough protein.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

You look nervous......... jman14's Avatar
    jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000) jman14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    are you still trying to bulk friedrice? if so, you know what i'm gonna say about 2300-2500 cals.........

jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmr2480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys

Let the games begin

There nothing to debunk, every body is different, and by the looks of you , you probably could eat what ever you want and however much you want and wouldnt gain a pound, especially at 16 and running XC, your expirement really means nothing to 90% of the people on here, who are much older and do not run XC.

Write down everything you do now in your expirement and try it again when your 30, I guarantee you the results will be different.

Hate to tell you but your not debunking any myth, if it works for you great, but it doesnt mean it will work for anyone else, especially @ your age and activity leval. I played high school football,basketball, and baseball, I could have hooked up an I.V. from dunkin donuts and not gained a pound of fat.

LMFAO

i thought u werent counting macros anymore thats what u said u were doing and just eating and eyeballing everything and eating to satisfied.. thast what i remember u saying a few weeks ago.. what happened to that/

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Despite all the mythology on this site, there is no such thing as "eating clean."

I'm glad you have discovered a bit of reality amongst all the bull**** out there.
    Thank You! Reps for life

OP: You'll do fine. "Eating healthy", "eating clean", carb cuttoffs, and don't eat sugar are BS from a physique standpoint in healthy adults.
    Last edited by The Brotherhood; 10-01-2007 at 10:12 PM.
    Miscer

CodyRo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyRo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyRo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Regardless if you're going against common beliefs it's nice to see you taking it into your own hands and seeing the outcome. That should be the staple for everyones diet / plan.. what works best for them (granted it might not be the reason you're doing it, I find it to be somewhat the same ).

"Fools admire everything in an author who has a good reputation" (Granted it was regarding literature, it plays true).

+Rep and good luck!

DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10)

5'11" and 140lbs and you think you look good naked??? (no homo)

naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, your 16!!!!

Who gives a crap what you eat.

You could eat french fries and burgers and still look good. That's how I ate when I was your age. My metabolism was on fire. Just eat good ole home cooked meals and lift weights or what ever you do and don't even worry about what a macro is.

Have a good life.

Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by naturalbrawn View Post
    Dude, your 16!!!!

You could eat french fries and burgers and still look good. That's how I ate when I was your age. My metabolism was on fire. Just eat good ole home cooked meals and lift weights or what ever you do and don't even worry about what a macro is.

Have a good life.

x2

Your "experiment means nothing"

And that milk thing is bull****, I drink a crap load of milk all the time.
    "Simplicity is the greatest form of Sophistication"

dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyswo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by naturalbrawn View Post
    Dude, your 16!!!!

Have a good life.
    Bingo. 16 and 36 are a big difference.
    Iraq is not a breeding ground for terrorists, but a burying ground.

Originally Posted by Bravodor View Post

And that milk thing is bull****, I drink a crap load of milk all the time.
    agreed.. having milk anytime is perfectly fine.. great before bed .. when waking up.. throughout the day

IMO it can be the best snack to have.. good pro/carb source and its whey+casein mix

and its good tasting and hell you can blend anything with it in a blender for a quick fix anytime.. how can it not be the best thing ever.. i know people on here that have it almost every meal..

a great source for the body .. and research has shown that including dairy such as milk can help lead to fatloss

rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    and research has shown that including dairy such as milk can help lead to fatloss
    that issue is quite uncertain:

http://www.trickstutorials.com/forum...4&postcount=27

rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by topdawg2003 View Post
    Anyone want to show me why milk is insulinogenic?

http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

Glycemic Index of 32 with a Glycemic Load of 4 --- seems okay to me.
    It has a very high Insulin Index, though. Probably due to a high leucine content or some ****, I don't know.

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL. The whole fitness lifestyle, training, dieting, etc, is all about finding out what works for the INDIVIDUAL. If, after some months of you carrying out numbers 1 to 5 in your original post, you are ripped to shreds and strong as a horse, then you will have realised that what you did worked for YOU. It will not mean that it works for everybody. Some people respond very well to carbs, others do not. I know that if I drop my carbs, my performance drops alarmingly. So, I eat a high carb diet (yep, about 50%, I'd say)

So, while I wish you every success in your experiment, don't hope that you are going to provide the holy grail of training for everybody.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

Originally Posted by Environ View Post
    The whole fitness lifestyle, training, dieting, etc, is all about finding out what works for the INDIVIDUAL.
    werd, that's the best and worst thing about it :/
    Its a lifetime's task.

Originally Posted by topdawg2003 View Post
    Very interesting, never saw that study. I made the assumption that all foods pretty much had a strong correlation between GI and insulin secretion. It's from the studies that I read, yes, it is likey the leucine that causes the insulin spike.
    Yea, it seems that GI and II are usually well correlated but dairy products are one exception.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta= has some mentions of it.