jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

My 2 day a week summer routine

Here is my new routine I just got from the trainer, what do u guys think? My goals are lose weight, increase strength and only work out 2 times a week.

Just so I don’t forget the movements I wrote them down soon as I got home tonight so I can remember when I get into the gym. This is basically the pointers he gave me as we went over the exercises.
    I am not the best at explaining the movements but I think you can get the general idea of it.

The exercises that are back to back are super setted. 2 sets per exercise 12 reps first set, 8 second and increase weight.

Monday

Smith Squat – using smith machine, bar should set on traps not up high on shoulders, set your feet a bit foreword, keep chest up and make sure knees don’t overlap feet.
    Bench Press – wide grip, run of the mill.

Lunges – hold free weights in hand, step forward just a bit beyond normal, just make sure back is strait and knee does not go beyond foot. Push through heal.
    Pull Up (assisted) – with machine they have that takes a bit of the bodyweight off.

Romanian Dead lift (box) just like the regular Rom deadlift just on a box basically. Make sure back is strait and knees slightly bent.
    Arnold Press – palms facing me with free weights. Move hands out in a ½ arc kind of so palms are now facing out and then push up and together.

Leg ext. (machine) – can’t mess this one up.
    Dip (assisted) – machine helps take body weight off so I can complete a full set. Keep elbows close to body, back/hips strait.

Squat->arm curl->overhead press – this is a weird one. Squat down like I am going to sit on a chair, than stand up through my heals and do an arm curl -> overhead press when I stand fully up.

Thursday

Dead Lift – this one is really hard to explain, the link is with barbells but it is the same thing…
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises...egDeadlift.html
    basically you assist the weight as the bar slides down your legs, let it touch the ground and pick it back up. While this is happening you keep you back strait and bend over from the hips(don’t look down). You bend your hips back slightley.. it is really hard to explain.
    Incline Press – with bar, just like bench except you are on an incline.

Good Mornings - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises...oodMorning.html
    Basically hold the bar on your traps(shoulders) and bend foreword from the hips. Keep your head up and go parallel to the floor. Bend knees slightly.
    Bent over rows – http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises...entOverRow.html
    Bending at about 45% keep the bar foreword not strait down, do a rowing motion with the bar. Keep back strait and chest up.

Bulgarian split squat - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises...SplitSquat.html
    The only difference is he has me use dumbells. Put one foot back on a bench, the other foreword a bit. Bend down strait, keep chest up, don’t let knee go over foot.
    Standing military press – just like regular sitting mil press just standing up.

Calf raise – on sitting machine.
    Close grip bench – just like regular bench just have hands shoulder width apart.

One leg Romanian deadlift->arm curl-> oh press – I really think this little gem was made up on the spot by the trainer but it is hard as hell and he suggested it so I will be doing it.
    Use one dumbbell in your right hand with right foot on the ground. Bend at hips keeping back strait to parallel (knee slightly bent), while doing this bring your back leg up to parallel as well. The arm with the weight you keep down like a Romanian deadlift. It is hard to explain but that is basically it.
    Last edited by jon4127; 05-23-2005 at 05:56 PM.

kjb1891 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd add dips

jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jon4127 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I have the assisted ones in there, I can’t do real ones yet :P