FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why doesn't the FDA approve Protein Powder(Shakes) ??

Why are Protein Powders(Shakes) Not approved by the FDA ?

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Let me guess: Democrat, right? LOL! Let's keep the government out of our business as much as possible, please! Besides, protein powder's just food... that would be USDA's jurisdiction if anything.
    Overweight and arrogant

FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaddyR
    Let me guess: Democrat, right? LOL! Let's keep the government out of our business as much as possible, please! Besides, protein powder's just food... that would be USDA's jurisdiction if anything.
    Wow...I'm lost after that response. but for your first question...no, I'm actually very far Right Wing.

I'm just curiuos, why the FDA doesn't approve Protein Powder ? Friend of mine asked me the other day, 'How do you know you are not buying a tub of dust' ? I couldn't tell him for SURE it was Protein b/c it is not approved. Just wondering why ?

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Because people wouldn't keep buying tubs of dust. Market forces demand that manufacturers sell quality products. We don't NEED government oversight to prevent fraud in a free market system.

P.S. - It's not really such an awful idea. Some folks have done private testing of samples of various protein powders and other supps, and one of these days the market may support the development of a voluntary independent testing organization, but nobody in their right mind really wants the government to be messing around with the supps industry.
    Last edited by DaddyR; 05-23-2005 at 01:58 PM.
    Overweight and arrogant

Dude...relax. I'm not here to say they NEED it, I'm just curious..with Soooo many Protein Powders out there...how do you know who is selling Protein & who is selling the Dust ?

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FSUNolesZ
    Wow...I'm lost after that response. but for your first question...no, I'm actually very far Right Wing.

I'm just curiuos, why the FDA doesn't approve Protein Powder ? Friend of mine asked me the other day, 'How do you know you are not buying a tub of dust' ? I couldn't tell him for SURE it was Protein b/c it is not approved. Just wondering why ?
    just curious, not to turn this into a political discussion, but you say you are very far right winged, well their position on supplements is the opposite of yours and this forum.

Just remember bro, this country would move forward with open minded citizens who dont call themselves Republicans/Democrats or left/right wing minded
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FSUNolesZ
    Why are Protein Powders(Shakes) Not approved by the FDA ?
    Also the DHEA law for supplements i believe doesnt allow the FDA to approve of such, besides the FDA panel is funded by the pharm industry, talk about watching out its people huh?
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler