jloomis11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need advice on my workout!!

For about the last 4 months my goal was to lose weight, and instead of lifting to get big, I began to lift less weight for more reps to get cut. I started out at 225lbs, with a lot of muscle but yet fat. Currently I am at 202lbs and pretty cut. I am not where I want to be just yet, but there has been a great improvement. I work out 5 days a week (Mon-Fri). Each workout I start with a run (atleast 2 miles, some days more), and after that I lift one muscle group. Mon- Back Tues-Chest Weds-Arms Thurs-Shoulders Fri-legs. I usually do abs everyday as well, some days more some days less ( due to fatigue). I've got to the point, where my weight is constant, and I feel like I've hit the plateau. I am starting to get discouraged and lose motivation because I put in all this hard work, limited my social life, and feel like I am not improving anymore.

I guess my question is: Should I be running everyday? Is my workout acceptable? How should I mix up my workout to keep my goals intact? Have I hit my plateau, and is this the best I will ever be?

Feedback will be appreciated. Thanks all!

gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10) gust is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jloomis11
    For about the last 4 months my goal was to lose weight, and instead of lifting to get big, I began to lift less weight for more reps to get cut. I started out at 225lbs, with a lot of muscle but yet fat. Currently I am at 202lbs and pretty cut. I am not where I want to be just yet, but there has been a great improvement. I work out 5 days a week (Mon-Fri). Each workout I start with a run (atleast 2 miles, some days more), and after that I lift one muscle group. Mon- Back Tues-Chest Weds-Arms Thurs-Shoulders Fri-legs. I usually do abs everyday as well, some days more some days less ( due to fatigue). I've got to the point, where my weight is constant, and I feel like I've hit the plateau. I am starting to get discouraged and lose motivation because I put in all this hard work, limited my social life, and feel like I am not improving anymore.

I guess my question is: Should I be running everyday? Is my workout acceptable? How should I mix up my workout to keep my goals intact? Have I hit my plateau, and is this the best I will ever be?

Feedback will be appreciated. Thanks all!
    1-You have set your goals! Do you want to add mass or lose fat ?
    2-You have to check your diet... Working out without a proper diet is worthless
    3-Working out 5 days in a row is not a good idea
    4-You shouldn't do cardio before you lift
    5-Don't do abs everyday

Clearly, you need to do a search... go at the stickes and read some of the bodybuilding basics...

Good luck.