Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

CUTTER,BULKER, CUTTING, BULKING-BS!,here it is 1more time

Cutter, Bulker, Cutting, Bulking-WHAT A CROCK OF BULL****

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------DOGGCRAPP-

If i never hear these words again in my life it will be too soon. I cringe everytime i hear someone (straight from bb.com) say "im coming off a bulker and now im doing a cutter"..What the hell is that?..that is the most idiotic concept ever! So what your doing is taking 2 steps forward for 4 months and then 1.5 steps backward for 4 months and repeating over and over? Talk about a waste of valuable time! Half your freaking year is gone to hell because your cutting for half of it and gaining no muscle. How bout a novel concept for you? How bout getting dramatically larger over time with huge food (protein) intake and super heavy training but adhering to carb cuttoffs and doing cardio (for increasing hunger and keeping bodyfat at bay reasons) so that you stay lean!!!!!!!!!! Gee whiz, might that be a better way?!

Bulker: An Excuse to become a fat **** for the sake of beleiving your putting on muscle mass to others and yourself (and you probably are but at a 50/50 ratio of muscle to fat--wow thats awesome!)

Cutter: 3-5 months of wasted muscle building time (trust me youll be building very little muscle mass during this) in the quest of turning yourself back from a fat slob you turned yourself into to someone presentable.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!! Your 200lbs, eat like a 250lb guy to get freakshow bigger, and train like a rhino with heavy weights to get larger but also do everything in your power (green tea, cardio, carb cuttoffs) to keep at a bodyfat percentage that your proud of or can live with. This is all about turning your body into a muscle building fat burning blast furnace!
    If you do bulking and cutting for the next 2 years and with all those "cutting cycles" adding up to a years time, guess what you just gave up a year of lifting--one year of nonexistant muscle mass accumalation. Thats like lifting for the next 6 years and you only get 3 years of productivity out of it. See the problem is, alot of people try to stay lean year round while also tryng their hardest to put on muscle mass and they do it all wrong. They eat like a 190lber trying to get to 250lbs and think that--by some miracle that will get them there. This is all about becomeing a food processing machine here. Take in a surplus (protein/food), create a demand to put on muscle (seriously heavy lifting/DC training) and then taking care of excesses and burning them off (carb cuttoffs/cardio/thermogenisis)----eating and training like a 300lbs offseason behemoth but doing everything else in your power to be that guy walking around at 7-14% bodyfat (whatever floats your boat)....See its not that hard, just think it out....but most of all dont waste your freaking time taking 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps backward....this is about constant forward progress. If I hear anyone say "cutter" or "bulker" again on this board, you get the official title of "bodybuilding.com guy", like a scarlet letter. This is constant bulking and cutting at the same time and you dont forsake one for the other unless your competing for a show.
    You turn yourself into a machine and you keep that machine evolving. Does anyone in this forum actually beleive that if you are 200lbs and doing cardio 3-4x a week at 30-45 minutes a pop but eating 400-500 grams of protein and a ****load of food to get bigger that - YOUR ACTUALLY NOT GOING TO GET BIGGER BECAUSE OF THAT CARDIO? If your not getting bigger then your either not eating enough or your a young guy whose metabolism is so fast that your one of the lucky ones who doesnt have to do cardio. Thats another story I have to write about one of these days--Cardio. Every time I hear a guy tell me...."I just cant eat enough"....I ask him "are you doing cardio?", and he gives me that puzzled look and thinks "why should I do cardio? I have trouble gaining weight and eating enough".....BINGO!!!!! What do you think cardio does? You get up in the morning and start your day with some cardio I guarentee youll be starving the rest of the day and be eating like a damn horse. IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME. Cardio is a two way street--increases hunger and keeps you lean. You have trouble getting bigger? Add cardio first thing in the morning after 30 grams of protein in water and some bcaa's and watch yourself eat the rest of the day! You wont be missing meals, youll be starving. Which leads me to getting off this computer because im starving.I wrote this very fast because im late--so sorry bout that

DOGGCRAPP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.-ive included a pic of the man behind the words..
    Attached Images
    Juanca- As times change, so do People.

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    One of the best things DC has ever written. This should be a damn sticky ANYWHERE teens exist.
    NSCA-CPT.

shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is a great post

PEace

Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KhanPaulsen
    One of the best things DC has ever written. This should be a damn sticky ANYWHERE teens exist.
    Agreed.
    "It's no fun if you're not freaky!" -KhanPaulsen

Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trainer_Swe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Totally! INDEED

Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000)
    Loving it!

I'm staying between 10-12% body fat, which is good in my opinion. It's not hard to keep a stable body fat.

I always thought bulking was an excuse for eating at McDonald's.

ario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    <3 you DC. I didnt know about the cardio thing, im definatly going to try it.

the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All I can say is to each his own. Bulking and cutting has been proven through many years of use that it works. Is it optimal? The answer to this question depends on who you ask.

Then again, I practice a zig-zag nutrition plan. To some, this may seem ridiculous but it seems to be working for me and that's all that matters.

KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by the_kid
    All I can say is to each his own. Bulking and cutting has been proven through many years of use that it works. Is it optimal? The answer to this question depends on who you ask.

Then again, I practice a zig-zag nutrition plan. To some, this may seem ridiculous but it seems to be working for me and that's all that matters.
    LMAO

What're your stats again?

The people that take DC's advice, and are advanced lifters tend to be above 250 and relatively lean. The people that run bulkers/cutters are what?
    NSCA-CPT.

the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_kid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LMAO

What're your stats again?

The people that take DC's advice, and are advanced lifters tend to be above 250 and relatively lean. The people that run bulkers/cutters are what?
    240 lbs 10% bf.

I didn't say that I participate in cutting and bulking. I am just saying that it does work.

240 lbs 10% bf.

I didn't say that I participate in cutting and bulking. I am just saying that it does work.
    How tall are you again, and how old?

It works as DC said. 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps backwards.
    NSCA-CPT.

How tall are you again, and how old?

It works as DC said. 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps backwards.
    6'1, 20 years old.

Look, I am not saying that my stats are anywhere above average and I am not going to start a debate with you about whether or not cutting and bulking works. If you do it properly you will see gains.

6'1, 20 years old.

Look, I am not saying that my stats are anywhere above average and I am not going to start a debate with you about whether or not cutting and bulking works. If you do it properly you will see gains.
    Yes, mostly bad gains.

2 steps forward for 1.5 steps backward is pointless.
    NSCA-CPT.

mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrl0902 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, mostly bad gains.

2 steps forward for 1.5 steps backward is pointless.
    It really depends on the person and their metabolism/body. Some people can shed fat of very quickly without losing muscle so bulking/cutting might be ideal for them. If they can bulk for 8 or so months and gain a huge amount of muscle, then spend 1 month cutting losing little to no muscle, it's more like taking 4 steps forward, .5 steps backward. There are exceptions to every rule so perhaps bulking/cutting works best for the_kid or whoever we are dealing with.

mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50) mockba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How about a guy like me who starts at maybe 15-20% bf and wants to bulk at first but eventually will want to be able to see abs at least.. do you think thats fair justification for a cutting phase?

WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    of course DC recommends a different approach when you are trying to shed bodyfat vs. gaining muscle, BUT not many things change. the training/diet/cardio is just tweaked a little bit, but not turned upside down, like it usually is when people start "cutting", they go from eating 6000kcal a day to eating 1500kcal a day and upping cardio and doing high reps, this comes at a price, lean body mass. if you've "bulked" up properly, and you put on minimum bodyfat while doing so, while increasing lean body mass, the "cutting" doesn't have to be as severe, and this means more muscle retained while you are sheding bodyfat. this is a matter of work ethic, and is so simple, but so brilliant. lean, year round... what's not to like?

LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000) LanJai is just really nice. (+1000)
    So basically he is saying that when you are on a "bulking diet" eating 3000+ cals a day, you do that and just do cardio with it 3-4 times a week and you will be gaining muscle and keeping your bf % stable?

Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    heh. i just lift and eat tons of food, and ive been getting much bigger, as well as finally being able to see my abs.

k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ngcro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    after reading that the only thing i got out of it was that DC says to clean bulk thats pretty much the whole article in 2 words. Clean Bulk.
    I reached my goal of 180... so where to now I don't know maybe 190 maybe 170. I think 190

Originally Posted by k1ngcro
    after reading that the only thing i got out of it was that DC says to clean bulk thats pretty much the whole article in 2 words. Clean Bulk.
    For a bulk to exist a stage of cut has to exist.

What he recommends is just a continuous stage. Adding muscle while staying lean.
    NSCA-CPT.

Old School Bodybuilder Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
    Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bulking and cutting is convenient if your a wrestler/boxer or any other person that has to cut weight. Just don't let your fatness get out of hand

ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by k1ngcro
    my thoughts exzactly.

why make bodybuilding any harder than it needs to be, you break down your muscles and your body heals them to better deal with the strain. give your body the materials to heal itself, and repeat. your body adapts to whatever you do to it, if your body truely believes that it needs to build more muscle to survive, then it will. simple as that. however you go about getting your body to do this is upto you
    "Bodybuilding is not a pastime, it's a way of life"

WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    clean bulk? oh please, it's so far from it....

mum's the word

I won't tell you guys our secret.

MJ= Jordan, not Jackson mjfan12's Avatar
    mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great post.

I always found it weird that one would let themselves go so much to bulk, then they would have to work real hard in order to lose the fat.

If you're doing both at the same time, then its the optimal thing to do.

Originally Posted by WD40
    clean bulk? oh please, it's so far from it....

mum's the word

I won't tell you guys our secret.
    Let the ignorant stay ignorant in spite of the truth staring them in the face.
    NSCA-CPT.

ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let the ignorant stay ignorant in spite of the truth staring them in the face.
    if he's got a training plan that's working for him, why **** on it?
    "Bodybuilding is not a pastime, it's a way of life"

Originally Posted by ddude241
    if he's got a training plan that's working for him, why **** on it?
    Me and him use the same training plan genius.
    NSCA-CPT.

braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah bulking and cutting is 100% pure bull****.

Just look at lee priest or ronnie coleman. Or maybe jay cutler. Or every other pro in the world. They look like ****.
    Good old chicken...

Originally Posted by braadkip
    Yeah bulking and cutting is 100% pure bull****.

Just look at lee priest or ronnie coleman. Or maybe jay cutler. Or every other pro in the world. They look like ****.
    I was about to flame you, but I'll restrain.

They only diet down for COMPETITION. Big ass difference. That is the ONLY time the body weight comes down.

Don't open your mouth until you're clued in.
    NSCA-CPT.

braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braadkip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They only diet down for COMPETITION. Big ass difference. That is the ONLY time the body weight comes down.
    Correct.

What is the ONLY time the body weight goes up? Exactly, when they are BULKING!
    Now plz tell me why all these pro's dont do this "clean bulk" but just bulk like crazy and add a ****load of fat. Take Lee Priest, he looks like a ****ing pig in off season.
    I find it hard to believe that the way these guys add size is DOGGCRAPP.

I think the guy who wrote this article is very unsecure. He doesnt want any fat cause he is afraid his already low self esteem is about to get a bit lower when he looks in the mirror and his abs are not visible anymore.

Oh and something else. Bulking 10 months is like paradise. YOu can eat everything you want and personally I dont give a **** about my looks during that period. I just eat what I like and I add size. The 2 months im cutting I have to be strict and that is hard but its worth it.

I dont like the idea of being strict the entire year and watch everything you eat every single day of the year just to have a low bf constantly. I mean.. whats the point of having a 7% bf in the winter...
    Good old chicken...