Peter Griffin Genetics BuffaJoe's Avatar
    BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000)

lower back pain soreness after stiff legg deads

I like to think I have good form, I really stress this in my workout expecially with any type of deadlift.

recently however, after doing stiff leggers my lower back feels strained imediatly after the set, then sore the next day. not hurt, just sore/ tight.

at the same time my hamstrings and ass are very sore- obviously.

could this be due to poundage increase? ive really noticed it after going up in poundage, or is this 'normal'?It was my thinking that there should be very little stress on the lower back with this movement.

i really want to avoid a lower back injury.
    thanks!

BTW: Im currently running a cycle of Rebound XT, an AI- which has made me more sore than usuall after workouts- but no 'pain' like this in any other part of my body/.

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are definitely working the lower back muscles with the SLDL so they are probably just getting sore like any other muscle group would. One of the things that you can do to help out is to stretch prior to working out. Specifcally, focus on stretching out the hamstrings as flexibility here will aid with your lower back. I started stretching because my lower back would get so sore due to the hams tightening up that I couldn't sit. After stretching, I no longer have this problem.

Peter Griffin Genetics BuffaJoe's Avatar
    BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good advice. repped

brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    as geoffsherman said, you are working your lower back when you do SLDL. As long as you watch your form, as you said you do, you should be fine.

and good job with the progress, just be careful when you add weight and your back will get stronger.
    32 5'10" 180lbs 10%bf