fitness-Fox307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitness-Fox307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitness-Fox307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitness-Fox307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitness-Fox307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitness-Fox307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitness-Fox307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Average Cost of Nutritionist

When trying to lean out for a competition how much would It cost to hire a good nutritionist? Im 33 weeks out from getting into the best shape of my life Im building lean muscle and Im want to get down to like 11% bodyfat. I want to hire a nutritionist but I dont have a lot of money to splurge. Im a Natural foods chef and I specialize in clean eating and I know how to cook clean and eat clean but what else are you paying the Nutritionist for? Could I do this on my own? I would like to be able to compete next fall

Thank You!
    Eat Clean & Train Hard, because NOTHING taste as good as being fit feels.

tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fitness-Fox307 View Post
    When trying to lean out for a competition how much would It cost to hire a good nutritionist? Im 33 weeks out from getting into the best shape of my life Im building lean muscle and Im want to get down to like 11% bodyfat. I want to hire a nutritionist but I dont have a lot of money to splurge. Im a Natural foods chef and I specialize in clean eating and I know how to cook clean and eat clean but what else are you paying the Nutritionist for? Could I do this on my own? I would like to be able to compete next fall

Thank You!
    You're paying for someone to tailor your diet exactly to your needs, a first opinion (other than yourself) on how you're progressing, and hopefully good posing advice - even if they're just a nutritionist.

Whether or not it's worth it is up to you.
    Proud to be fully sponsored by the best supplement company in the business. www.scivation.com

Contest prep log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113619521

It cannot possibly taste better than blue raspberry xtend!

Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A nutritionist is definatly worth it. Just make sure you get a good one. I hear Layne Norton and Dr. Joe are very good.

If money is a problem you might want to check out team scivation. They only charge $99 per month which is dirt cheap compared to what I paid my guy (who disappointed me in the end).

schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One of the best investments I made in my nutrition, although we have different goals, was to purchase Precision Nutrition or PN. http://www.precisionnutrition.com/about.html

They offer services like tailored dietplans and such, but Precision Nutrition teaches more than it tells. I learned more about my body in the first 2 weeks of using this than years of guessing. Plus you get access to several doctors and coaches that know so much, oh and it's all backed by science and not hearsay.

Just my .02 cents.

Edit: When you buy PN, you get access to a forum much like this, but with the ratio of Doctors and coaches to clients close to a 1:2 ratio which means that if you were to inquire on a thread, chances are 4 or 5 Dr.s and coaches will reply. The forums are highly professional. Nothing but good has come from this team of doctors.
    Last edited by schleefr; 10-01-2007 at 10:34 AM.

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I posted in the other thread but in my opinion, diet is at least 80% of your results....I pay around $100 for a diet that is tailored to my goals, time frames etc. even as a trainer, competitor etc I find it so useful to have an unbiased view of my body and an experienced coach brought my body in EXACTLY where it needed to be....I use Maggie Diubaldo, because I value her honesty and love that she is all about pure foods and loved what it did for me.....I have her change it up throughout the year (as in right now lol) as my goals change. It is a small price to pay. Trust me.

Good luck
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do not know if I am permitted to post the amount, but Layne Norton is a VERY affordable pre-contest nutritionist, and arguably one of if not the best for natural athletes.

and an FYI, "eating clean" has little to do with bodycomposition. Macronutrients are what matter, and while dieting, macronutrient timing.

www.biolayne.com (yes walking advertisement )
    Miscer

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Chef

Originally Posted by fitness-Fox307 View Post

Thank You!
    When you cook these meals for clients of yours, do you know what the protein/carbs/fats are of each meal you cook up, cause if you know that stuff already and how to do that thats half the battle and will be easy for you to do if you want to start tracking your foods each day.

JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say on average, most nutritionists are $250-500 for a full pre-contest prep (usually 12-16 weeks).
    For online training inquiries or to get your Official DC Training DVD, go to www.jasonwojo.com

True Protein Sponsored Athlete: For 5% off your next True Protein order use the discount code WOJO

The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JasonWojo View Post
    I'd say on average, most nutritionists are $250-500 for a full pre-contest prep (usually 12-16 weeks).
    Layne is a hell of a lot more inexpensive, and is one of the best out there
    Miscer

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Brotherhood View Post
    Layne is a hell of a lot more inexpensive, and is one of the best out there
    no it's right in that range for 10-20 weeks.

Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    no it's right in that range for 10-20 weeks.
    You charge differently for contest prep?
    Miscer

Ldallas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Terrific nutrionist

I read the average nutritionist charges 99 a month , my nutritionist is a gem . It took me a while to find him after dealing with many bad ones . Plus he charges 80 for the month . He is cheaper because he goes by word of mouth hence why I am writing this. Feel free to email him
    Rich rsyanks@yahoo.com if you are looking for a nutritionist

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ldallas View Post
    I read the average nutritionist charges 99 a month , my nutritionist is a gem . It took me a while to find him after dealing with many bad ones . Plus he charges 80 for the month . He is cheaper because he goes by word of mouth hence why I am writing this. Feel free to email him
    Rich rsyanks@yahoo.com if you are looking for a nutritionist
    80 is cheaper?! Pretty much prices you out of the up and coming college aged kids who don't have much disposable income...