wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is 5'11" too tall to compete in figure?

I keep reading about figure competitions and I think it would be fun. My only concern is that it seems like the girls who compete are much shorter than I am. Additionaly, I have some stretch marks from being pregnant 3 times and I'm wondering if they would be really obvious in a show.

musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most figure girls are shorter but there are some tall ones too. I just went to the nationals to watch and the girl that placed 1st and overall was atleast 5'10. I have stretch marks too but they are not noticeable on stage once you get painted up with tan.

smiles
    s
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not too tall But the taller girls often don't look as muscular e.g. Alicia Denson who is 5"9 I think... but then again, she looks very small framed.

wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou
    Not too tall But the taller girls often don't look as muscular e.g. Alicia Denson who is 5"9 I think... but then again, she looks very small framed.
    That's my biggest problem, especially with my legs. I have several years before I'm ready to compete so I guess that's something I'll have to concentrate on.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sure, pound for pound you won't look as strong if you're lifting the same weight, but I'm betting that your extra height will come through by letting you lift more weight than your shorter counterparts, so you should in the end be able to develope a physique as impressive as them, made even moreso by the knowledge others will have of what you had to go through to accomplish it.

Also, one other advantage to being larger is that it's a lot easier to micro-improve. Moving up 5 pounds on an exercise is a lot more to someone 4' tall than 6' tall, for example.

musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tyciol
    Sure, pound for pound you won't look as strong if you're lifting the same weight, but I'm betting that your extra height will come through by letting you lift more weight than your shorter counterparts, so you should in the end be able to develope a physique as impressive as them, made even moreso by the knowledge others will have of what you had to go through to accomplish it.

Also, one other advantage to being larger is that it's a lot easier to micro-improve. Moving up 5 pounds on an exercise is a lot more to someone 4' tall than 6' tall, for example.
    Sorry to intrude but I have to say this.
    I do not agree with this. I move up when in all my weights in increments of 5lbs and I am only 5foot even and so does my husband who is 6'ft 1. And we both have the same difficulty in doing so. I dont think it has to do with how tall someone is that makes no sense. Just because we are short doesnt mean we are weak. I am stronger with regards to my legs than most people half my height it depends on how the person lifts not how tall they are.

smiles
    s
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.