joc_06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joc_06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Baseball Swing Exercises?

I was wondering if someone could point me towrds info on weight training and info on how to improve my swing.
    I dont play baseball but my sport involves an very similiar swing (with different grip) but i need to strike off both sides and while running.
    any help appreciated.
    thanks

Baseballandme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

swing exercises?

what sport or activity do you do? Two exercises i like are the cable twist and the medicine ball twist. the cable twist is where you put the handle up high with both hands on it. Lead hand underneath. and then stand still and turn pulling the handle down and to the opposite side. It hasn't helped me much but might help you. Also the medicine ball one is where you are about 45 degrees off the floor and you put the medicine ball on one side and then in a good steady rythm you hit the ball on each side of you while twisting. hope this helps.

O.T has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

I dont believe there is any weight training exercise that can help improve your swing. In order to improve your swing you must work at it..off a tee or in the mirror. Medicine ball twists can help improve your bat speed and overall core strength...I'm not sure at what level of baseball/softball you play at but practicing with wood really helps..because wood helps you focus on hitting the ball on the sweet spot in order to make it travel..when u switch to alloy it's a lot of fun

O.T has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sorry I just read that you dont play baseball!!

oh well this can help anyone else!

joc_06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joc_06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My sport is called hurling. Im irish.
    Its sorta like hockey except you can catch the ball and hit it by throwing it up and hitting it baseballey type.
    You can also hit other players with your stick ;-)

So you all mean that there are no real specific weight excersises developed specially for baseball swings? There nust be. I've practiced the medicene ball swings for ages now.
    I spose technique is a huge part of it...