MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterWolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back to the gym after injury...

I hurt my back in August and had to take 6 weeks before my back was up to any kind of workout, and over the last two weeks I've been slowly getting back into a routine again. So far so good - no major back pain.

During my down time my eating plan suffered a bit in terms of food quality, but I still still managed to drop from 203lbs to 195lbs. I'm sure I've lost some muscle mass in there from the inactivity, but I love the fact that the size 36 pants I bought a 6 weeks ago are too baggy.

I am finding it challenging to get back into a routine. I started eating chocolate covered almonds (my favorite of favorites) again - hard to give those tasty suckers up. But I will. It's also been hard to get motivated to work out. The layoff combined with the time of year is double challenging. For some reason, as soon as fall hits and the skies darken and it rains most of the time, getting out of the house is extra hard.

Anyways, I think I'm somewhere between 14-16% bf at 195lbs. I am trying to decide where to go from here. I figure I am about 10-15lbs from losing the last of my belly fat, and I am trying to determine where to go from here, diet and exercise wise.

My main goal is to be fit, and to have a nice triangular body shape. I am not as concerned about weight as I am body shape. I have a hard time gaining muscle, even with a really well developed 3 day split and eating 1g protein/lb of body weight in my diet. So I figure body shapng might be a good goal rather than major bulking. Opinions?

I'm happy to be able to get back to the gym. Just need to light a fire and get motivated!

W
    Height: 6'2
    March 07 Start Weight: 225
    lowest weight: 195 Sept /07
    Current Weight 206
    Goal - toned - 10-12%bf

Nutrition: 2500 cal/day
    Fat: 30%
    Protein: 150-225g/day when working out
    Carbs: whatever is left.

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/MisterWolfe

mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfsteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can really help you out here. Send your chocolate covered almonds to me and I'll dispose of them. No problem -- glad I could help!

I'd take a shot at early AM workouts. If you can drag your butt out of bed you might as well go to the gym. Weird science but it's working for me.

No coffee until you get back home!

emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10) emf is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up right direction

seems like your in the right direction again.
    every 8 to 10 monthes i need spinal injections so i can train and act like a somewhat normal person.
    i lose approx 3 weeks every time.im just starting back tommorrow.
    sometimes while im off i cant believe that i really am doing what i am training.
    i actually cant imagine getting up and doing it all every day.but like yourself when i decide to drop the candy and start again im right back in there.
    most of us on this forum have prob. started over many many trimes.
    good luck and tear it up.

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chocolate covered almonds! Edible Kryptonite. If you keep the nuts, then keep the baggy pants.

Really, hit the gym at least 3 times a week, experiment, play around with the weights, machines, see what bothers your back, what doesn't. See how you feel on the off days; how you recover & gradually you should slip into a habitiual routine for specific body parts. Don't push your limits til you know your back won't be an issue. Once you start feeling stronger etc. it'll be easier to fight off the nuts......maybe

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have to ask yourself, "Do I want this?". If the answer is yes, then do what needs to be done. No excuses. Train your brain to see working out as a good thing.

Once you get in the gym, take your time. A back injury is nothing to play around with. Low weight/high rep for a while.

You CAN do this. Do you WANT to?
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've gotta say we have alot of similarities. I broke my ankle at the end of July and have just been getting back in the gym. I am having a little trouble getting back into the routine due to DOMS and a general weakness. My diet has not been as clean as it used to be but I too have managed to drop below 200 for the first time in over 20 years. I want to gain some mass but do not want the fat again. I am treading carefully. Good luck!

Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000)
    What are you doing on the off days? 3 day splits work, but I have found if you don't do something on the off days, it's hard to create the habit. So, this is what I tell my clients when they suggest a 3 day routine. Mon, Wed, Fri is resistance training. Tues, Thurs, Sat is cardio. Even if it's light to moderate, as longs as you are doing something. This way, they used to almost daily routine and it becomes more of a habit. As others have stated, back injuries are tough ones so you gotta take it easy. Do you have a pool you can use? Swimming is a wonderful exercise and very low impact. Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.
    Lift big, eat large, get huge! Kaz quote
    R.I.P. Jesse Marunde "Squat More!"
    R.I.P. PAPD Officer Brian Raymond #423
    Gone but never forgotten