ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Squats vs. leg press vs leg sled?

I was looking around on the powertec site, and came across this.

http://www.powertecfitness.com/legsled.htm

What is the difference between doing the leg sled exercise and leg presses?

Is there any benefit in using the leg sled or doing leg presses since everyone always recommends doing squats?

Would it be a good idea to combine both squats and leg presses/leg sleds on "leg day" of my routine?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ASFx View Post

Is there any benefit in using the leg sled or doing leg presses since everyone always recommends doing squats?

Would it be a good idea to combine both squats and leg presses/leg sleds on "leg day" of my routine?
    Absolutely, though not necessary.

Hammerstrength has a similar machine which they say is similar to the hack squat.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are there any major differences between incline and decline leg presses like this?

NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoReMaC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes. With one of them, the weight can fall on you. x_x

Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im a big fan of Leg Press.

Ive never seen anyone use the machine in the picture.
    "Simplicity is the greatest form of Sophistication"

XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50)

i ****in hate those... i always end up slipping like crazy on those and feel like taking my shirt off so my skin can stick to the seat is the only way i won't slip up out of the seat (not that i ever do that... or use that for that matter)

anyway squats and leg press is a great idea... i do it and i love it.
    awww yeaaa 9 month knee injuries are fun as hell!

scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I always found this bastard to be far harder than leg press, but neither are good replacements for a true squat IMHO. I can't explain exactly why it was harder, but the effort for me was much more than leg press required. Perhaps because you can focus soley on your legs in the leg press, but this thing requires more overall stability and control.

I just watched some soccer jockey (I played for 10 years, I can say that!) try to show off yesterday by loading the leg press up with like 20 plates then have a blistering 6" range of motion. Good for you buddy, try that over here in the squat rack and lets see how you do.

They never want to hear the true physics behind the fact that they are not actually lifting the amount of weight they put on there.

CodyRo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyRo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyRo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea it's a sled version of the hack squat (linky).

I don't think it's a good replacement for the squat, though in addition to on your lighter days might be a good idea (ex: Deadlift day).

Granted I nearly stalled on it today (whoops?) I think it is a good addition to your routine if you could fit it in (or just do normal hack squats).

Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by scorp508 View Post
    I always found this bastard to be far harder than leg press, but neither are good replacements for a true squat IMHO. I can't explain exactly why it was harder, but the effort for me was much more than leg press required. Perhaps because you can focus soley on your legs in the leg press, but this thing requires more overall stability and control.

I just watched some soccer jockey (I played for 10 years, I can say that!) try to show off yesterday by loading the leg press up with like 20 plates then have a blistering 6" range of motion. Good for you buddy, try that over here in the squat rack and lets see how you do.

They never want to hear the true physics behind the fact that they are not actually lifting the amount of weight they put on there.

lol so true, the leg press isnt even half of what you put on it in actuall weight for obvious reasons.

but 20 plates isnt even that impressive...

The average lifter can pull atleast 16 plates with a full range of motion and actually rep it for like 3 sets of 8. Thats just the average guy, if you actually work your legs you should be repping more than that.

1 rep with 20 plates and no range of motion is pretty sad actually. Most people max at more than that.
    "Simplicity is the greatest form of Sophistication"

scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well he was about 5'9" 130lbs, so it was kind of like watching gumby and pokey twisted up having claymation sex.