johnnyblaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio right after lifting - good or bad idea?

I am currently attempting to lose 50 lbs but gain muscle at the same time. I do have some muscle it's just I gained some fat the last couple of years and I'd like to get rid of it.

I currently lift 3 days a week and I do cardio on the other 3 days. So mon,wed and fri I lift and tues, thurs, sat I do cardio. Sometimes I will play basketball right after lifting weights in addition to my regular cardio days.

My question is should I avoid any cardio such as playing basketball on days I lift? Will it interfere with trying to build muscle?

Also does anyone have any valuable tips on gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time? I currently weigh 6'1 and am 255 lbs.

Hell is worth all that... The_Champ01's Avatar
    The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Slow paced (walking) cadio after work-outs I have heard is good. DON'T do HIIT after work-outs!
    "Alcohol and night swimming... it's a winning combination!".

And the people bowed and prayed to the neon god they made.

I steal my **** from MacGyver...

If women ran the world, we'd still be searching for the wheel.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
    I am currently attempting to lose 50 lbs but gain muscle at the same time. I do have some muscle it's just I gained some fat the last couple of years and I'd like to get rid of it.

I currently lift 3 days a week and I do cardio on the other 3 days. So mon,wed and fri I lift and tues, thurs, sat I do cardio. Sometimes I will play basketball right after lifting weights in addition to my regular cardio days.

My question is should I avoid any cardio such as playing basketball on days I lift? Will it interfere with trying to build muscle?

Also does anyone have any valuable tips on gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time? I currently weigh 6'1 and am 255 lbs.
    If you're going to play B-Ball after you workout, make sure to drink some protein and maybe have a little gatorade first. After lifting and b-ball, your muscles are going to be dying for some nutrients. You need to have something inbetween.