Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leafs/Pack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Skim Milk Powder

Hey, I did a search and could not find the answer I was looking for.
    If I were trying to make one cup of milk from skim milk powder how much skim milk powder and water would I use. Does this one cup of milk have the same Macronutrient profile as a cup of skim milk from a carton?
    Also does anybody mix this in their PWO shake that they bring to the gym? It seems that it would be far more practical than bringing a seperate container of milk.
    Thanks

BodyPoints: 341
    Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Old Man Big has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Old Man Big's BodySpace
    on the bag of skim milk powder i have it says..
    for directions to make 1 litre- 925 ml water( 3 3/4 cup) + 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) powder.

just do alittle math to make 1 cup.

and yes they have pretty much exactly the same profile as the carton and bag milk.

dbdraggin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ive been trying to figure out the same thing... id like to add it to my protein powder that i store in individule serving in small containers for conveinance in the AM. id like to do this so i dont have to premix the dry skim milk in advance and save fridge space andthe time needed every other day to mix the dry skim. the dry skim packets i have make a quart at a time and the only accurate way i can figure to divide it evenly is to get a small postage scale from staples and divide it evenly according to weight.

i made a topic in this section a few days ago regarding dry skim, a couple on guys on here use it so i guess it cant be less benefitial than the regular thing you can buy in the stores.

ill be getting a postage scale this weekend so ill let you know how my results turn out.

hope this helps a little,

dbdraggin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well, i dont know if this is even going to be seen by the topic starter but maybe it can help someone else down the road.

the contents (powder) in the dry skim milk packets that when mixed with water make one 1 quart of skim milk weighs 96 grams... so its 12 grams of powder per 8 ounce serving of reconstituted dry skim.

the best explanation i can give to measure it without a scale is 2.5 heaping teaspoons of powder roughly equals 12 grams of powder. sorry, i already divided one packet up this afternoon and ill try to come up with a better explanation (like level tea/tablespoons) next time i divide a packet up (about 4 days)

hope this helps a bit.