Lifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Severe pressure headache lasting 3 weeks strait + fingers numb

Greetingz,

For the past 3 or so weeks I have had the most agonizing time of my life, I have been bed-ridden with a most terrible pressure headache which mostly seems focused in the temples and forehead but also all over, and when I am sitting/standing it basically feels like a 10 pound weight it sitting across the top of my head. As well as some dizziness. Also, i dont know if its related or not but the weirdest thing also is that my left pinky lost sensation yesterday and the tip of it is basically numb/asleep and wont 'wake up' no matter how much i rub it. I have even been to the doctor for an emergency CAT scan of my brain to make sure I dont have a tumor, yea its that categorically bad, i've basically been sick and in the bed all this time. I am starting to think that since my brain scan was normal that maybe I have damaged a nerve in my neck or something?

I have no actual neck pain but I have been attempting stretches of my neck and shoulders that I normally dont do so much of and by doing so the muscles that run between your shoulders and head along the sides of your neck (what are they called?) seem to be really really stiff but not exactly painful.

But anyway would problems with neck muscles or a nerve be consistant with a constant pressure headache, mostly in the frontal and side regions of your head?????????????????

I never do direct neck routines but I am starting to think if its related to my neck maybe i just dont stretch enough, or maybe my back muscles are pulling too much deadlift weight for my neck to handle and consequently I've screwed up my neck? Does anyone have a link with how to do proper neck and shoulder stretches? I keep on stretching my neck every which way and I feel like Im gonna end up doing more harm than good.

Distressed,

-Lifta

jimmy4713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have numbness in your extremities, you should see a doctor ASAP.

sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't get it! ppl go to a doctor and then turn up here telling us they didn't understand the physiscian or asking us for advice. Go back and ask for more details... jeez!

bump

suchez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My father recently had to have emergency neck surgery, and he had basically the same symptoms you do. One of his vertibrae had slipped out of place and was basically squashing his spinal cord, it was down to 1/2 the diameter it should have been. They went in and fused this vertibrae to the one below it, and now he's fine, thank God. But they said if he'd let it go another month without doing anything that he would have been paralyzed. So man, get to the doc ASAP!

I don't work out, I train xplosiveDL's Avatar
    xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lifta
    Greetingz,

For the past 3 or so weeks I have had the most agonizing time of my life, I have been bed-ridden with a most terrible pressure headache which mostly seems focused in the temples and forehead but also all over, and when I am sitting/standing it basically feels like a 10 pound weight it sitting across the top of my head. As well as some dizziness. Also, i dont know if its related or not but the weirdest thing also is that my left pinky lost sensation yesterday and the tip of it is basically numb/asleep and wont 'wake up' no matter how much i rub it. I have even been to the doctor for an emergency CAT scan of my brain to make sure I dont have a tumor, yea its that categorically bad, i've basically been sick and in the bed all this time. I am starting to think that since my brain scan was normal that maybe I have damaged a nerve in my neck or something?

I have no actual neck pain but I have been attempting stretches of my neck and shoulders that I normally dont do so much of and by doing so the muscles that run between your shoulders and head along the sides of your neck (what are they called?) seem to be really really stiff but not exactly painful.

But anyway would problems with neck muscles or a nerve be consistant with a constant pressure headache, mostly in the frontal and side regions of your head?????????????????

I never do direct neck routines but I am starting to think if its related to my neck maybe i just dont stretch enough, or maybe my back muscles are pulling too much deadlift weight for my neck to handle and consequently I've screwed up my neck? Does anyone have a link with how to do proper neck and shoulder stretches? I keep on stretching my neck every which way and I feel like Im gonna end up doing more harm than good.

Distressed,

-Lifta
    let's see... who knows more about medicine, 15 year olds posting on an internet board or a doctor with more experience than those people have been alive?
    If a guy is muscular but cant lift worth **** he is nuthing but a cosmetic pussy ,non functional muscle size =pointless silicon implants as far as i `m concerned

-> A-Rod

You want big muscles, girly man? Find big rock. Pick up big rock. Raise big rock overhead. Repeat as neccesary.

-> rent-a-lambo

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if somethings numb it means theres something wrong with your spinal cord, if theres something wrong with your spinal cord you don't **** around with it, get to a doctor really ****ing fast is all I have to say, if you have numbness to the extent you have it, it can be very serious.

I get numb fingers/toes occasionally because I have a messed up disc, and it means your backs out of allignment and pinching a nerve, if a nerve is pinched to long it can cut off blood flow and so on and it can eventually die. Nerve in spinal cord dies = Good luck walking ever again.

Not trying to scare you but, if you have a headache as bad as you make it sound and numbness, find a doctor who knows what the **** their talking about.

Originally Posted by marcFE
    if somethings numb it means theres something wrong with your spinal cord, if theres something wrong with your spinal cord you don't **** around with it, get to a doctor really ****ing fast is all I have to say, if you have numbness to the extent you have it, it can be very serious.

I get numb fingers/toes occasionally because I have a messed up disc, and it means your backs out of allignment and pinching a nerve, if a nerve is pinched to long it can cut off blood flow and so on and it can eventually die. Nerve in spinal cord dies = Good luck walking ever again.

Not trying to scare you but, if you have a headache as bad as you make it sound and numbness, find a doctor who knows what the **** their talking about.

hey how much numbness is yours in your fingers? mine is just a little but its definately noticeable like in the pinky and ring finger

What kind of doctor do u guys think i should see, a chiropracter? a general family doctor? emergency room? i dont even have insurance or a regular doc. =\

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey how much numbness is yours in your fingers? mine is just a little but its definately noticeable like in the pinky and ring finger

What kind of doctor do u guys think i should see, a chiropracter? a general family doctor? emergency room? i dont even have insurance or a regular doc. =\

Its very rare now it happens mostly in the toes for me, I'm not really worried about a tiny bit of numbness, the biggest concern is a nerve dieing which can cause alot of problems in the future, and is incredibly painful I'm told to remove. A chiropractor is probably the way to go I think because they deal with backs alot, but a ****ty chiropractor is about as useful as a doctor at a quick care, their gonna tell you to rest and your headache will go away. But chances are if your having a headache the way you describe something is wrong, it may be pinching something and limiting blood flow to the brain or something, although you'de probably be light headed instead. Btw, I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but unless I acted like it was extremely serious you would probably over look it and anything involving the back/nerves shouldn't be messed around with, probably best thing to do is spend 50 bucks and go to a doctor specializing in the back to look at it.

(btw, I don't even have numbness anymore, but when I did get numbness back pain accompanied it and they went hand in hand, if my back pain was there numbness was and if it isn't there theres no numbness.)

My dad went to a sports medicine doctor and after describing a few symptoms, he knew right away what it was. I think a sports med doc would be more appropriate for you anyways since it's probably a lifting-related injury.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xplosiveDL
    let's see... who knows more about medicine, 15 year olds posting on an internet board or a doctor with more experience than those people have been alive?

duh, the 15yr old - he reads FLEX for crying out loud!
    <->

if my headaches and numb fingers were being cause by a nerve problem in my neck or back would it be hurting in the location of the nerve also, or not necessarily?

if my headaches and numb fingers were being cause by a nerve problem in my neck or back would it be hurting in the location of the nerve also, or not necessarily?
    No, not necessarily. Again I will use my father's problem for an example, he apparently had little or no pain in his neck. Just bad headaches and random numbness in various extremeties.