Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1033
    xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sleev-les View Post
    I've never been a fan of carb cycling. If you want to lose weight, you have to eat at a caloric deficit and get the right macro's. Being diabetic just be careful. When I am on a heavier deficit I tend to barely use insulin because my blood sugar will drop more.
    I carb cycled for both my shows last year, my off season, and this show now. I think carb cylcing is great for diabetics that have good control.

The insulin sensitivity created during the week of low carb days, makes a huge impact on the higher carb days. The body literally soaks up the carbs.

Some of my high carb days were 1000+ grams at times. One of my days where 1000g was on the menu I only used 25iu or so of humalog. I woke up next day leaner and harder.

At the end of the day, calories in vs calories out is what really matters. When all other factors are on point, carb cycling can optimize fat loss
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Frisay51 View Post
    Hello,

any of you noticed , that as diabetic you will not make big progress in your lifting due to lack of sacharids in your food..?
    I am experiencing it myself. I have diabetes 23 years and I am on pump.
    Last year at the end of summer me and my housemate decided to stat going to gym. I had 78kg at this time and he had 75kg.
    We also had same trainner , we almost eat same food as always one of us cook.. expect that he was eating more sacharids then me..

And after one year I am thinking on giving up with bodybuilding as I am not seeing any progress. Trainer just said its probably because of lack of hormones and sacharids because I am daibetic.
    I am now at 81kg , my friend has 90kg. His lifting much bigger weights and also looking much better. I know its genetics also ,but this is most likely because of stupid diabetes.

When I was googling for some advice I just found few blogs wich does not give any special advice... just workout and watch your blood sugar but I do not think it works like this.
    At least I found this thread and few people with diabetes that are looking really good , but I guess it took them much more time then it should...

Diabetes and bodybuiliding is not going to work together
    Dont give up on bodybuilding man. Diabetes and bodybuilding is possible. I have competed a few times, and am 15 weeks out now. You need to find a diet that works for you....unfortunately it is hard for someone to know what works for you...it takes time. Trial and error.

Best advice I can give. For optimal results in fat loss, muscle gain, performance in the gym, we need to have stable blood sugars and insulin levels. Without that, I dont care how great your diet is, it will be hard to come across progress towards goals.

for some motivation:

Take a look at these pictures, some competive type 1 diabetic bodybuilders and fitness people

Myself

Derek is a WNBF Pro Bodybuilder (natural)

Anth Bailes, IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Jason Poston, IFBB Pro Men's Physique

Mike Jirovec, NPC Bodybuilder

Tim Belknap, IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

There are plenty more....it is not impossible. We just need to be more mindful and strict with our nutrition. Blood sugar and insulin control is KEY!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

Originally Posted by djbajaj View Post
    Hey guys, I am type 1 diabetic. I used to power lift before this. I want to get back into lifting like i used to now that i have my sugar levels in control. I want to just get shredded. Can anyone please help me to achieve this goal? thanks!!
    Awesome that your sugars are under control! Losing bodyfat, will make blood sugar control even better, and less insulin will be needed.

First you need to find your caloric set point, where you maintain weight. From there, you need to consume less calories per day than that. If you consume 500 calories less per day, then you will lose 1lb per week, with blood sugars still in range.

Start the diet at a basic level. Find an amount of carbohydrates that allows you to maintain good blood sugars, train intensely, recover and allow fat loss. As you progress further into the diet, you can start timing carbohydrates, but that can get a bit advanced.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by Ents1992 View Post
    Why is it dangerous? As far as I know even normal people get into Ketoacidosis when they are doing crab-cycling or keto-diets...
    When I have normal blood sugar and ketoacidosis then it should be same as normal healthly people doing crab-cycling.

Only one thing is that I do not understand was high sugar in urine ,which probably normal people does not have. And high sugar urine should be connected with high blood sugar levels ,but I did not have them...
    i think you are confusing KETOSIS with KETOACIDOSIS. Two completely different things. A diabetic can run a Keto diet safely, no issues whatsoever. do some research on KETOSIS and KETOACIDOSIS

High blood sugar is to be avoided. If on a keto diet, that should not be an issue, once you get your insulin needs met for gluconeogenisis from proteins.

Carb cycling, as I said a few posts up, I feel is great.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by HoffDiesel View Post
    Hey all,

I've been diabetic for about a year and a half and have been lifting for almost three years. I have a question about injection sites. Typically, I inject in my abdomen, but what other areas do you use? I've heard of using the thighs or back of the arms (tricep area) but I hardly have any fat there. I can barely even pinch the skin up. Is it still okay to inject there?

Thanks bros
    Yes it is. If you inject into a leaner area, where you hit muscle tissue, the insulin will be absorbed and act faster, so just keep your eyes on your sugar. I inject all over my body...literally. Some areas absorb faster or slower

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Labrat0116 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Question

Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    Dont give up on bodybuilding man. Diabetes and bodybuilding is possible. I have competed a few times, and am 15 weeks out now. You need to find a diet that works for you....unfortunately it is hard for someone to know what works for you...it takes time. Trial and error.

Best advice I can give. For optimal results in fat loss, muscle gain, performance in the gym, we need to have stable blood sugars and insulin levels. Without that, I dont care how great your diet is, it will be hard to come across progress towards goals.

for some motivation:

Take a look at these pictures, some competive type 1 diabetic bodybuilders and fitness people

There are plenty more....it is not impossible. We just need to be more mindful and strict with our nutrition. Blood sugar and insulin control is KEY!
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but since it's Diabetes/Bodybuilding related I'll ask.

I'm a Type 2 (diet/oral med control) past 16 years. Started lifting 18 months ago and have hit a wall.

Type 1 Diabetics can easily control their BS levels with Insulin management. Type 2 is much more difficult to manage. We simply can not (Dr.'s orders) pop more oral meds.

I've yet to find any real good advice for Type 2 diabetics and bodybuilding.

Ideas ?

Frisay51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys what is your total daily intake and insuline intake?

I am around:
    Proteins 500g
    Saccharides 200g
    Fat 50g

I think I should eat more sacharids instead of proteins, but well then I will need more insuline...

I am currently taking 89ui of humalog daily , and thats more then 1ui per kg and I do not want to increase it , because of this

Originally Posted by Labrat0116 View Post
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but since it's Diabetes/Bodybuilding related I'll ask.

I'm a Type 2 (diet/oral med control) past 16 years. Started lifting 18 months ago and have hit a wall.

Type 1 Diabetics can easily control their BS levels with Insulin management. Type 2 is much more difficult to manage. We simply can not (Dr.'s orders) pop more oral meds.

I've yet to find any real good advice for Type 2 diabetics and bodybuilding.

Ideas ?
    Diet.. Diet and exercise is key. I have helped type 2 diabetics come off ALL meds just by eating correctly.

I would have to disagree with your statement on blood sugar though haha. Type 1 is a bitch...a bitch for our whole lives. We can give more insulin for a high sugar...and boom now we are low. Roller coaster ride. We cannot just eat less/more, take more/less insulin. I eat the same thing, same time, every day...and guess what? My blood sugar and insulin needs are different every day.

Today my sugar is stupid high, wont go down...there is much more that goes on than insulin and blood sugar.

Speak with your doctor and have him/her get you in touch with a nutritionist that can help to control blood sugars via diet.

Dr. Bernstine has a great book about nutrition and diabetes control.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by Frisay51 View Post
    Guys what is your total daily intake and insuline intake?

I am around:
    Proteins 500g
    Saccharides 200g
    Fat 50g

I think I should eat more sacharids instead of proteins, but well then I will need more insuline...

I am currently taking 89ui of humalog daily , and thats more then 1ui per kg and I do not want to increase it , because of this
    Everyones insulin needs are different based on nutrition. Some people are naturally more sensetive to insulin, and can eat more carbs while using less insulin than "normal"

That is really high for Humalog...are you also on a long acting insulin?

500g of protein is way way way too much. Your body is turning the majority of that back into sugar in your blood stream. Any excess protein, goes through gluconeogenisis. Eat too much protein...can have the same effect as having too many carbs in your diet from a diabetes stand point.

1g per pound of bodyweight...maybe 1.25g per pound for protein is all you need. Hell I know 300lb bodybuilders that dont even eat 300g protein.

If you can...experiment. lower your protein, keep carbs the same....this will allow a true picture of your insulin needs. Make up the calories from the lost protein from fats.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dont know how high / low I get during the day. I test four times a day via finger prick but when I test [6:00am, 11:00am(preworkout), 12:30 (post workout), 9:00pm] my Bg stays pretty stable in the mid to low 100s. What are your opinions of a cgm?

Average Supplement User ScivationLead's Avatar
    ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fstfrd00 View Post
    I dont know how high / low I get during the day. I test four times a day via finger prick but when I test [6:00am, 11:00am(preworkout), 12:30 (post workout), 9:00pm] my Bg stays pretty stable in the mid to low 100s. What are your opinions of a cgm?
    I love my Dexcom CGM. It's not cheap, but well worth it.
    Nutrabolt Lead Company Rep

DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DAJDive has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fstfrd00 View Post
    I was on a Dexcom for a while. Then my insurance stopped covering it and wanted me to go on Medtronic's. I did for a year and didn't like when compared to the Dexcom. I've been off a CGM for about a year now and stick my fingers 10-15 times per day. Gives me a very accurate reading of where my blood sugars are heading. Better than the CGM.

fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000) fstfrd00 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    10-15x a day? Wow. I bet the tips of your fingers ache at the end of thee day.

Average Supplement User ScivationLead's Avatar
    ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My a1C has been under 7 since 3 months after my initial diagnosis last year thanks to my CGM. Still a learning process, but getting there.
    Nutrabolt Lead Company Rep

Likeny1954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys, I have tried crab cycling and I have questions.
    This is my 3rd week and I lost only 2kg, cycling 3 days - 0, 50, 300 ,0 ,50, 300...

I have Medtronic pump and I have found out that on no carbs and low carbs days I do not take any or small amount of bolus intake ,but I do not change basal intake. Also sometimes I am getting higher blood suger rather then low on these days.. is it because of body is using protein or fat as every source?

Second thing is i do HIIT every second day and regular training other day , but I am dissapointed with only 2kg lost and according to my digital scale I lost only from 19% BF to 18.5% BF while loosing 2kg??
    Last edited by Likeny1954; 07-13-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Likeny1954 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well,

gaing weight was little bit easier , just increasing insuline and carbs intake.

However loosing fat is not working for me.
    First thing is:
    1. On normal days I take 100ui (65 basal and 35 bolus)
    However when carb cycling and having low carb days I take only basal - 65ui, but my blood sugar is mostly higher then lower so I have to also take some bolus +-10ui.

I am also doing HIIT or on sunny days I go on bicycle 40-50km. I am do 3 days cycle : 0,50,300g crabs and 300-350g of proteins every day.
    This is my 19th day of carb cycling and I went from 83kg to 81.5kg , and BF is still 19% .

What am I doing wrong ???
    I think this is result of taking 75ui of insuline even on no carbs days. This is strange.. I guess my insuline sensitivity is bad or I do not know what I can do to make carb cycling working...

Also I am taking l-caritine.

Ents1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have same problem , I also tried keto diet, but I could not get into it. I did not eat carbs for 2 weeks while doing HIIT and I did not lose almost anything.
    Once I lowerd my insuline intake and also protein intake ,then I started loosing weight. It seems like insuline intake will block you in loosing weight even if you do not eat carbs ...

Originally Posted by Ents1992 View Post
    I have same problem , I also tried keto diet, but I could not get into it. I did not eat carbs for 2 weeks while doing HIIT and I did not lose almost anything.
    Once I lowerd my insuline intake and also protein intake ,then I started loosing weight. It seems like insuline intake will block you in loosing weight even if you do not eat carbs ...
    Insulin can blunt fat loss to an extent....but you can't beat thermodynamics...calories in vs calories out. If you did not lost weight in that 2 week period, then calories must have been too high or something.

Hell even cutting carbs out you will lose a large amount of water....unless your blood sugars are truly not controlled well.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by Likeny1954 View Post
    Well,

gaing weight was little bit easier , just increasing insuline and carbs intake.

However loosing fat is not working for me.
    First thing is:
    1. On normal days I take 100ui (65 basal and 35 bolus)
    However when carb cycling and having low carb days I take only basal - 65ui, but my blood sugar is mostly higher then lower so I have to also take some bolus +-10ui.

I am also doing HIIT or on sunny days I go on bicycle 40-50km. I am do 3 days cycle : 0,50,300g crabs and 300-350g of proteins every day.
    This is my 19th day of carb cycling and I went from 83kg to 81.5kg , and BF is still 19% .

What am I doing wrong ???
    I think this is result of taking 75ui of insuline even on no carbs days. This is strange.. I guess my insuline sensitivity is bad or I do not know what I can do to make carb cycling working...

Also I am taking l-caritine.
    In my experience, your insulin levels overall seem quite high. One thing to look out for on lower carb days, is gluconeogenisis of protein. Your body will turn a good portion of the protein we eat every day into glucose for the use of energy. Of course with diabetes, that means an increase in blood sugar after the digestion process.

The best way to get insulin sensitivity reset is low carbs. Going very low or even no carbs for an extended period, you will watch your blood sugars begin to decrease...meaning, with not much for carbs present, the insulin is now working to lower your blood sugar....you are more sensitive.

Some times for me, a few days is all I need. But if I get real out of whack, ill go super low carb for a week and boom, refreshed and ready to go.

It is very hard to make progress in fat loss or even muscle gain when blood sugars and insulin are not controlled and in healthy levels

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

wriakoup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have problem with loosing fat also.

I started to work-out last summer and hardly gained weight. I started at 72-73kg and got up to 85kg in May. Then I decided i will do carb cycling and loose some fat..
    well first I lost only 2kg in June, but it was thanks to high kcal intake , so I lowered daily kalories intake. I was at 250g proteins and 50g fat daily. Cycling carbs 25g,50g,75g,300g and again.. so yes I started to loose weight. Now I am at 75kg and not a single abs visible. My weight say I only went from 85kg to 75kg in 2 months ,but only from 20% bf to 17% bf... this is stupid.. now if I want to have visible abs I have to loose another 20kg and be like 50kg boy at 179cm height...

this is stupid and I guess this is because of diabetes as I do not see any normal reason why I should loose only fat.. I was workinbg out and doing short cardio while loosing fat..........

I have spent too much money on food and supplements and put lot of effort into this and my body looks like I have been working out for 1 month... I am totally disapointed and thinking on givong up on this ..
    Last edited by wriakoup; 09-02-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In my experience, your insulin levels overall seem quite high. One thing to look out for on lower carb days, is gluconeogenisis of protein. Your body will turn a good portion of the protein we eat every day into glucose for the use of energy. Of course with diabetes, that means an increase in blood sugar after the digestion process.

The best way to get insulin sensitivity reset is low carbs. Going very low or even no carbs for an extended period, you will watch your blood sugars begin to decrease...meaning, with not much for carbs present, the insulin is now working to lower your blood sugar....you are more sensitive.

Some times for me, a few days is all I need. But if I get real out of whack, ill go super low carb for a week and boom, refreshed and ready to go.

It is very hard to make progress in fat loss or even muscle gain when blood sugars and insulin are not controlled and in healthy levels
    I have started Keto under advisement from a poster ITT. My numbers are decreasing, I'd like to stick with this. I lift, but little cardio , so other than lifting I'm pretty sedentary. Is there any bad in low carb lifestyle long term if diabetic?
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

Originally Posted by wriakoup View Post
    I have problem with loosing fat also.

I started to work-out last summer and hardly gained weight. I started at 72-73kg and got up to 85kg in May. Then I decided i will do carb cycling and loose some fat..
    well first I lost only 2kg in June, but it was thanks to high kcal intake , so I lowered daily kalories intake. I was at 250g proteins and 50g fat daily. Cycling carbs 25g,50g,75g,300g and again.. so yes I started to loose weight. Now I am at 75kg and not a single abs visible. My weight say I only went from 85kg to 75kg in 2 months ,but only from 20% bf to 17% bf... this is stupid.. now if I want to have visible abs I have to loose another 20kg and be like 50kg boy at 179cm height...

this is stupid and I guess this is because of diabetes as I do not see any normal reason why I should loose only fat.. I was workinbg out and doing short cardio while loosing fat..........

I have spent too much money on food and supplements and put lot of effort into this and my body looks like I have been working out for 1 month... I am totally disapointed and thinking on givong up on this ..
    If you want to see your abs, you need to be 10% bodyfat or lower.

Do not give up. Are you going to let diabetes win? And then spiral into more weight gain, bad diabetes control? Keep fighting.

If you are not losing weight, then you are simply eating too many calories. If you are in a deficit, you will lose weight.

The initial weight loss is a mix of fat loss, glycogen loss, water weight loss, and possibly some muscle, but I do not know.

When you start a diet, there is always a big initial weight loss then it slows down. To 1 to 2lbs per week usually.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I have started Keto under advisement from a poster ITT. My numbers are decreasing, I'd like to stick with this. I lift, but little cardio , so other than lifting I'm pretty sedentary. Is there any bad in low carb lifestyle long term if diabetic?
    A low carb lifestyle and diabetes is great. The less insulin we can use the better. Insulin has such a huge impact on the body. Not only on blood sugars, but other hormones, inflammation, health in general.

If you can sustain a low carb life style, I think you will be healthier in the end

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just catching up on old posts!

Thanks for posting all these inspirational picts of other diabetic bodybuilders, including yours! Its a huge motivation. I only knew of one or two of them!

Off to the gym I go!

for some motivation:

Myself

Derek is a WNBF Pro Bodybuilder (natural)

Anth Bailes, IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Jason Poston, IFBB Pro Men's Physique

Mike Jirovec, NPC Bodybuilder

Tim Belknap, IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Sush25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys
    I am also diabetic since 2 years
    Because of diabetes my testosterone is deceased
    Please suggest me best testosterone boaster with estrogen blocker compounds

FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    T1d checking in
    Going to be "Rambling" all the info about me in case someone can use the info and it's also good for me to make notes to myself in the future

been t1d for 20 years now. After trying u500 a couple years back, gained +30lbs then a loss of mobility due to injury caused more weight gain. Came off of the u500 and insurance pushed me over to novolog fast acting which my body didn't care for.
    Now on samples of u200 and my body LOVEs it and of course i'm using quite a bit less in my pod.
    Using Omnipod's and Dexcom G5 btw and was highly insulin resistant before. Now with the u200 and getting back in cycle my resistance is dropping like a stone.

Originally on novolog carb rate was 2:1, so when I consumed 1 cup of rice was 44g carb and would take 22u novo. Now down to 5u u200 for 44carbs.
    U200 is a "concentrate" fast acting so its supposed to be half of the normal stuff regardless.

Also on Invokana a t2d medication that essentially makes you piss out your glucose stores from the body so will reduce your basal and bolus's. The increased peeing also can cause a consumption of <200cal per day. I think I saw a reduction of 20% ish (been over a year for me) on 300mg. Down side is without those glucose stores under physical duress you can crash easier.

Using the G5 I was able to see when I was dropping off hard and going hypo, about 20-25 min of every endurance activity. So I would need to take about 16g carbs to balance out.

FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FiReBReTHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Currently operating on low resistence cardio due to the leg injuries and trying to maintain below a 160bpm heart rate as my hard wall due to our potential of cardiac infractions thanks to the t1d.

3miles/12 min to start the metabolism and warm up the body. Then proceed to freeweights/pulley machines.
    Would consume 24g carbs and take 4u of u200 about 45ish min before hand to try to have the insulin reacting while i was lifting since insulin is supposed to be the transporter of all that is essential into the muscles etc etc. While lifting I would then consume a protein bar of 16g carbs to try to keep me level.

since Dec dropped 22LBs and unknown increase in muscle mass. I would like to invest into a BMI scale for my own enjoyment/tracking

Concentration curls started at; DEC1 30lbs ~> 50LBL - 45LBR 2/28/2017
    close grip bench started at; DEC1 95LB ~> 185lb 2/25/2017

Sadly my notes were crap so I am trying to document better.

Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Been a while since I've seen activity in this thread, but here's a little new news. October I was diagnosed with Diabetic Retinopathy. I've had solid control for a while, but looks like the years prior caught up to me. I had a blood vessel hemorrhage in my eye and thats how it was discovered. Been going through monthly injections of Lucentis and laser surgery to correct it. I have one more injection cycle next week and then we wait a few months to see if everything worked or if we need to tweak the laser surgery a bit. I can still see a little bit of the hemorrhage, but its a lot better and I can see pretty clearly out of the eye again.
    ErgoGenix ErgoZzz log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167645251&p=1365912691#post1365912691

NEVERSUMMER Snowboard Brah
    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Sunkin' Guns Crew

That sucks to hear. I read something a while back that said that as your control increases the build up that occurs behind the eye or something loosens up and can cause issues from previous lack of control.
    gotta ask..... Where does the injection go?

I am also dealing with teh suck right now too. last eye appt found that even tho my control has increased greatly over the past year, I have cataracts that developed pretty badly they said equivelant to a 73 year old person. I noticed that my vision has been degrading and only option is lens replacement.
    It's infuriating because I had better than 20/20 preceeding this past year and i'm a firearms competitor so vision is just a tiny bit important to me.

I am glad to hear your vision improved man, it sucks knowing where you were to how you are now but at least the surgery can correct it hopefully.

Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The injections go in your eye. You don't feel anything and its not really that bad. The doctor numbs you up pretty good. The worst part is that the numbing agents are quick to wear off and my eye stays really irritated for the rest of the day. Due to it clouding vision for a while too, you don't do both eyes at the same time either.

The laser surgery was 4 treatments. 2 per eye. They do half the eye at a time in order to keep swelling down. The laser takes a couple months to take full effect as the vessels burn out so I have had to get a couple more injection cycles.
    ErgoGenix ErgoZzz log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167645251&p=1365912691#post1365912691

NEVERSUMMER Snowboard Brah
    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Sunkin' Guns Crew