HefIsMyIdol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HefIsMyIdol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Minimizing lower back soreness during stiff-legged deadlifts

Okay I think my form must be crap on this exercise because my lower back is always sore the next morning. I definitely feel it in my hamstrings but my back is playing more of a role than it should, can someone please explain how to position your upper body when doing this exercise?

Also, how many sets do you do for hams, all I've been doing is these (4 sets of 20, 20, 15, 15) and leg curls (3 sets of 20)
    Pain is weakness leaving the body....
    One word: DEDICATION
    Arnold 4 Prez!
    FEED ME I AM ONE HAWNGRY MOFOCKA!

NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NYCmitch25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would use lighter weights and fix the form. sets/reps are up to you. i do 10-12 cuz they usually fall after normal deadlifts 3 sets of reps6-8 after warm-ups.

Straight-Leg Deadlifts (stiff):
    This exercise builds the glutes and spinal muscles, besides the hamstrings. Be very careful not to use too much weight during this exercise and do each rep strictly. This exercise can cause a back injury if not done correctly.

The technique:
    Grasp the bar shoulder-width apart, using either a deadlift (right palm one way, left palm the other) or pronated (palms toward body) grip. Start with weight at thigh level. Bend at the waist, keeping the knees slightly bent. Lower the bar until the weight plates touch the floor. Lift the weight back to the starting position, keeping the spine locked.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Make sure you really squeeze and tense up your hammies on the way down. You feel it believe me.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

HefIsMyIdol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HefIsMyIdol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NYCmitch25
    keeping the spine locked.
    Aha, that seems to be the key I'll work on it.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body....
    One word: DEDICATION
    Arnold 4 Prez!
    FEED ME I AM ONE HAWNGRY MOFOCKA!