Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

My Top Greatest Fat Loss Supplements

In no particular order.

Calcium
    Research is now overwhelming that a calorie restricted diet high in calcium makes you loose weight faster. Overweight adults on a calorie-restricted diet that included three to four servings of dairy foods lost more weight and abdominal fat than those who cut calories but consumed little or no dairy foods on the same type of diet. Dairy foods have a number of compounds that work with calcium to augment the process of fat-burning and slow down the process of making new fat. The effect of calcium on body weight is only exerted if it is ingested in a meal and not as additional calcium tablets. Taking calcium in dairy foods is twice as effective as taking calcium in other foods for fat loss.

L-Tyrosine
    L-tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid that the body synthesizes from phenylalanine. L-Tyrosine is the precursor of several neurotransmitters, including adrenaline and noradrenaline. Due to this, L-tyrosine may play a role in speeding up your metabolism. Vitamin B6 converts L-tyrosine into the precursors that are often added in products containing L-Tyrosine.A hard training athlete/bodybuilder may benefit from supplementing with L-tyrosine, directly affecting Dopamine levels, which could help to counter fatigue and the stresses associated with intense and heavy workouts. There is also some research to suggest that L-tyrosine could also be useful in weight loss.

L-Carnitine
    L-carnitine is made in the body from the amino acids lysine and methionine. L-carnitine is important in fat and carbohydrate breakdown so may aid fat loss by burning body fat.L-carnitine and Acetyl L-carnitine have backed claims of anti-aging and nutrient regenerating properties and the effects of supplementing with them have been extensively researched in many areas including exercise performance, weight loss, treatment of Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's, diabetic depression and many other neurological disorders. Even at higher than recommended doses L-carnitine has no side-effects and is well known to be a safe supplement to use.

CLA
    Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a naturally occurring fatty acid that contains no stimulants. CLA may help to reduce body fat and increase muscle mass. It reduces fat storage after meals and helps to increase the breakdown of fat during exercise. Research supports the long term use of CLA in effectively reducing body fat levels.

Ephedrine
    The E/C/A (ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin) stack is one of the most powerful fat burning/energy enhancing stack ever! This is the main ingredient in the stack for both fat burning and energy enhancing. It is still very effective on its own but it is extra effective when mixed with caffeine. Often referred to as Ma Huang (its Chinese name), ephedra is the herbal equivalent of ephedrine. Pure ephedrine is extracted from the ephedra plant but that's not important. What you want to know is how effective it is. Well, it is extremely effective when used properly. You will not notice much from caffeine, but in this stack, along with ephedrine, you have the most effective and cheapest fat burning stack that have ever seen.

Sida Cordifolia
    Sida Cordifolia is a herbal supplement extracted from the Sida Cordifolia plant. A milder form of ephedrine. It aids in fat loss by stimulating the central nervous system. Sida cordifolia also has diuretic properties so can reduce excess water weight and retention. Sida Cordifolia is commonly used by bodybuilders and athletes for superior performance and leaner bodies.

Soy Lecithin
    Soy Lecithin contains two main active compounds: Choline and Inositol. It is perhaps the richest source of these two chemicals, which are instrumental in the metabolism of dietary fat available. Choline is used by the body to catalyse fat burning in the cells, and this makes it a great natural tool for anyone trying to reduce their fat levels as part of a weight loss programme.As part of the process of increased fat metabolism that is created by the additional Choline and Inositol in the diet, Lecithin can also play an important role in reducing cholesterol in anyone with high levels of LDL in their bloodstream, thereby assisting with the prevention of coronary heart disease and maintaining the health of arteries throughout the body.Aside from the health benefits of Soy Lecithin in helping users to burn additional fat, it is required in cell growth for its role in helping to keep the cell membrane pliable and able to absorb nutrients. Without enough sources of Lecithin in the diet, cells become unable to work efficiently, and this can cause a variety of illnesses related to an inability to get enough nutrition.

Fish Oils
    There are a number of benefits currently attributed to the intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids (OFAs) -- including a reduction in the severity, risk and negative effects of heart disease, depression, asthma, diabetes, eyesight deterioration and more. Fat loss and an improved immune system are other benefits. Studies show that combining OFAs ( e.g., from fish oil supplements) with increased exercise gives even greater fat loss results.

Green Tea Extract
    Polyphenols, particularly Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) are responsible for most of green teas role in promoting health. Polyphenols support weight loss by thermogenesis. Green tea also contains vitamins, minerals and caffeine to stimulate your metabolism. Therefore, fat Loss formulas that contain standardized extracts of polyphenols, particularly EGCG, give you the effects of drinking several cups of green tea.

Chromium
    Chromium or Chromium Picolinate, is an essential mineral. It regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Chromium reduces body fat and increases lean body mass to aid weight loss.

Sesamin
    Contains a naturally occurring lignan, which is found in sesame oil. Lignans have been shown to support "fatty acid oxidation" (fat burning) as well as be a potent antioxidant. As an antioxidant, they work throughout our bodies to remove free radicals, which in turn can damage tissue and are thought to be the root cause of many diseases. Research has shown Sesamin can also help increase kidney health, support liver and maintain healthy lipid profiles (good cholesterol).

Cayenne Pepper
    Cayenne pepper increases the body's heat production through thermogenesis and boosts the breakdown of fat and carbohydrates. Cayenne also stimulates the sympathetic nervous system that aids in appetite suppression.

Coleus forskohlii
    Coleus forskohlii is an ancient Ayurvedic plant and member of the mint and lavender family, which grows in the mountains of Asia. Recent research has shown that the active ingredient in coleus is forskolin, which plays a major role in a variety of important cellular functions, including inhibiting histamine release, relaxing muscles, increasing thyroid function, and increasing fat-burning activity. Though scientists are only just confirming the many benefits of coleus, there's a definite "buzz" circulating about its potential for aiding in fat loss.

Chocamine
    This cocoa extract provides all the benefits of chocolate without the added calories from sugar and fat. Its active ingredients include caffeine, theobromine, tyramine and phenylethylamine (PEA). These work together to effectively suppress appetite, promote fat-burning and enhance energy. In addition, chocamine boosts mood, concentration and mental alertness. While no research has been done yet, anecdotal evidence is extremely positive. Take 1-2 grams of chocamine 1-3 times per day.

Caffeine
    Although most people get their fix from coffee, the best way to ingest caffeine for fat-burning purposes is actually in the supplement form known as caffeine anhydrous. Besides keeping you energized, caffeine binds to fat cells, increasing their removal and inhibiting their storage. As an added benefit, caffeine enhances the effects of geranamine and chocamine. When taking all three together, you need only about 100-200 mg of caffeine 1-3 times per day.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-29-2007 at 10:16 AM.

markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markymoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It first time I am using Soya Lecithin and in a stack and it sure is effective. I'm impressed. I feel my metabolism has taken off.

My very effective fat burning stack per day

1g L-Tyrosine (2x500mg)
    1g L-Carnitine (2x500mg)
    3g Soya Lecithin (3x1200mg)
    975mg Green Tea Extract (3x325mg)
    200ui Chromium Piconalate (1x200ui)
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-28-2007 at 11:24 AM.

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your list is missing quite a few things that are better.

Geranamine
    Chocamine
    Caffeine

Also, Gugglestones have been debunked. I would stop taking it if at all possible.
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

I taken everything on the list except for guggulsterones and sesamin. I added them as very effective but i hear you. I removed guggulsterones. I thought caffeine not a good fat loss but more a stimulant but has potential for fat loss. The list is breaking down fat cells or metabolising fat. I been ignorant of Chocamine and Geranamine. I will seek them out, really sound great from research. I added them all. Its now a great list.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-28-2007 at 11:52 AM.

-Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by markymoo View Post
    I taken everything on the list except for guggulsterones and sesamin. I added them as very effective but i hear you. I removed guggulsterones. I thought caffeine not a good fat loss but more a stimulant. The list is breaking down fat cells or metabolising fat. I been ignorant of Chocamine and Geranamine but really sound great from research.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergo/amp.html

This combined with Ephedra HCL is by far the most effective fat loss supplement on the market. I'll bet my future kids on it.

It looks the business but is it safe?

'The substance named “geranamine” –which has no scientific meaning- by Ergopharm obviously needs to be tested and studied, in order to provide the public some reliable trials that show its effectiveness and safety.'

Ergopharm, the company that markets geranamine, has kept secret most of the information related to the substance. That is the reason why no trials or deep information about this substance has been published so far.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-28-2007 at 12:16 PM.

I removed Geranamine because its a designer drug thats what in Amp and its causing alot controversy to its safety.

I removed Geranamine because its a designer drug thats what in Amp and its causing alot controversy to its safety.
    You posted one subjective opinion article. None of them was empirically objective.

I did a search on this board about amp and it works but sure don't sound safe.

naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    None of the stuff I tried on your list ever did anything for me.

Best fat loss supplement is the treadmill.

MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by naturalbrawn View Post

Best fat loss supplement is the treadmill.
    Wrong !! Diet is the key.

All on that list are mostly good for you and safe. I haven't included stacks like amp but if i was, then here is the best in this order but cant vouch for there safety.

Anabolic Xtreme Stimulant X
    ErgoPharm AMP
    **** Venom Hyperdrive 3

naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naturalbrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MIA72 View Post
    Diet is a given, the supplement is the treadmill.

Aaron, amp has only 140mg of caffeine in it. You need a 10:1 ratio (10x the amount of caffeine to ephedrine) to create a thermogenic effect. 20/200 combination has a supra-additive thermogenic synergism. No other ingredients are needed.

MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MIA72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Diet is a given, the supplement is the treadmill.
    Treadmill is catabolic, so muscle will be lost aswell. You can loose fat without touching a treadmill, and why is diet a given, this is where 99% of people go wrong. I can loose fat without supps or cardio through diet alone.

You don't need a treadmill. Here is an awesome fat buster. Sprint up a steep street for about 45 secs - 1min and walk down again panting like a madmen waiting for your heart to explode and then do it again 5x and you feel you heart so loud and you be puking lactic acid. It's a form of HIIT and doesn't take long that will save muscle. It sounds easy but it isn't. Do it every night and you be so fit with muscle and have high metabolism.

Long & slow forms of cardio - like walking - are great ways to begin for someone who is inactive. But don't be misled. The research is clear. This form of exercise doesn't compare to the benefits of anaerobic exercise. We're talking about the difference between kindergarten and college. Low-intensity exercise is absolutely necessary as a starting point, but it needs to be the starting point and a stepping stone that leads to moderate-intensity exercise, which in turn, needs to be a stepping stone for high-intensity anaerobic exercise.

For years, the gold standard for exercise was 30 minutes of activity a day. And walking for 30 minutes a day was said to be adequate enough to delay heart disease and premature death. Not true, report researchers.

A new study of 2,000 men over 10 years destroys the low-intensity, walking standard. Researchers show that low-intensity does nothing to prevent death from heart disease. Nearly 2,000 men, ages 45 to 59, were tracked for 10 years. Initially, none of the men had any evidence of heart disease. Exercise was performed and measured by three levels of intensity; low, moderate, and high. Low-intensity included walking & bowling. Golf & dancing qualified as moderate-intensity. Running & swimming were placed in the high-intensity category. Of the 252 deaths that occurred during the 10 year study, 75% were linked to heart disease and stroke. And cancer accounted for 25%.

Conclusion: Walking 30-minutes five times a week is not enough to prevent early death from heart disease. Moderate-intensity also failed to reduce premature deaths.

Only the highest levels of exercise intensity lowered death rates.

Research shows that high-intensity, anaerobic workouts that include the short-burst, get-you-out-of-breath, sprinting types of exercise, will make your body release significant amounts of the most powerful "fitness hormone" in your body -- the growth hormone, or HGH.

by Phil Campbell, M.S., M.S., FACHE
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-29-2007 at 08:55 AM.

Treadmill is catabolic, so muscle will be lost aswell. You can loose fat without touching a treadmill, and why is diet a given, this is where 99% of people go wrong. I can loose fat without supps or cardio through diet alone.
    Good for you.

I am beyond this conversation.

And it's lose not loose.

Good for you.

I am beyond this conversation.

And it's lose not loose.
    OH FFS sake i made a spelling error, sue me.

I'm over it aswell.
    Just annoys me that most people think you have to walk a treadmill to lose weight.

Peace Bro.

emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course diet is the key so is treadmill. One can't survive without the other.
    There aren't only one key. there are multiple keys.

A diet is the key but has to be proper diet. A treadmill can be the key but one has to train properly. Also good night sleep is another key to stay healthy.

So i believe A proper diet + Workouts + Sleep are the keys for staying healthy

There could be other keys too which I can't think of any.
    Bengal Tiger

OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000)
    I disagree with the tyrosine supplementation.

Phenylalanine is found in almost all sources of protein and is readily converted by the body into tyrosine via phenylalanine hydroxylase.

No need to saturate the pathway.

I get a good mental boost taking additional tyrosine even when i eat plenty of protein. Phenylalanine is converted in the liver so taking tyrosine has a quicker effect and less strain on the liver but take either you decide.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-29-2007 at 07:57 AM.

Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This guy has intelligence ! repped :D

You don't need a treadmill. Here is an awesome fat buster. Sprint up a steep street for about 45 secs - 1min and walk down again panting like a madmen waiting for your heart to explode and then do it again 5x and you feel you heart so loud and you be puking lactic acid. It's a form of HIIT and doesn't take long that will save muscle. It sounds easy but it isn't. Do it every night and you be so fit with muscle and have high metabolism.

Long & slow forms of cardio - like walking - are great ways to begin for someone who is inactive. But don't be misled. The research is clear. This form of exercise doesn't compare to the benefits of anaerobic exercise. We're talking about the difference between kindergarten and college. Low-intensity exercise is absolutely necessary as a starting point, but it needs to be the starting point and a stepping stone that leads to moderate-intensity exercise, which in turn, needs to be a stepping stone for high-intensity anaerobic exercise.

For years, the gold standard for exercise was 30 minutes of activity a day. And walking for 30 minutes a day was said to be adequate enough to delay heart disease and premature death. Not true, report researchers.

A new study of 2,000 men over 10 years destroys the low-intensity, walking standard. Researchers show that low-intensity does nothing to prevent death from heart disease. Nearly 2,000 men, ages 45 to 59, were tracked for 10 years. Initially, none of the men had any evidence of heart disease. Exercise was performed and measured by three levels of intensity; low, moderate, and high. Low-intensity included walking & bowling. Golf & dancing qualified as moderate-intensity. Running & swimming were placed in the high-intensity category. Of the 252 deaths that occurred during the 10 year study, 75% were linked to heart disease and stroke. And cancer accounted for 25%.

Conclusion: Walking 30-minutes five times a week is not enough to prevent early death from heart disease. Moderate-intensity also failed to reduce premature deaths.

Research shows that high-intensity, anaerobic workouts that include the short-burst, get-you-out-of-breath, sprinting types of exercise, will make your body release significant amounts of the most powerful "fitness hormone" in your body -- the growth hormone, or HGH.
    As i said excellant post man

I just had to say something about this.

High intensity training like this can be very dangerous.

Some people walk around for years without doing a workout like this feeling just fine.

Then some jackass convinces them that high intensity workouts are the best and/or only way to lose weight.

Then guess what happens, they drop dead from a frickin heart attack because of a preexisting problem or because their body just was not cut out for such activity.

Everyone needs to find what is the best form of exercise for themselves.

I walk on a treadmill in front of a small tv. That is what works for me. I like it.

Don't go around telling people what they don't need when you have no idea what you are taking about. That gos for all of you.

Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Um i presume people have doctors........
    And informing people is what this forum does......
    we dont TELL people not as if we have guns to their heads, they have the FREE WILL to make a decision.
    If you do the walking on a treadmill in front of a small tv. Thats fine but reccomending that would be TERRIBLE, thats more of a feel good factor than any serious attempt at cardio.
    Why not get an ipod and go walk OUTSIDE WAY better than some treadmill!

You better give credit to what ever book or article you copied that crap from, cause I can tell you did not write it yourself.

Originally Posted by Abc^^ View Post
    Um i presume people have doctors........
    And informing people is what this forum does......
    we dont TELL people not as if we have guns to their heads, they have the FREE WILL to make a decision.
    If you do the walking on a treadmill in front of a small tv. Thats fine but reccomending that would be TERRIBLE, thats more of a feel good factor than any serious attempt at cardio.
    Why not get an ipod and go walk OUTSIDE WAY better than some treadmill!
    You just don't get it.

I never told anyone to do what I do.

And there you go telling me it's better to walk outside with an ipod than to do what I do.

Walking is what are legs are made for. It is the same outside or in. 3 miles = 3 miles.

The reason that High Intensity Interval Training works better for fat loss is this: When you do a cardio session at the same pace the whole time, your body goes into what is called steady state. This means that your body has adjusted itself to the speed you are going and tries hard to conserve energy (calories). You will be able to avoid this and burn more calories and FAT by doing the interval training.

The easiest way that I tell people to do it is to start off at a good pace for 5 minutes. Then take up the intensity on the machine and go as hard and as fast as you possibly can for a minute and then bring it back down for a minute or two — however long it takes for you to recover enough to do it again. ANY cardio machine will work — I like the treadmill and the elliptical trainer the best.

Another easy way to introduce yourself to this kind of cardio without killing yourself right off the bat is simply to keep changing your speed and intensity level every two minutes or so — go up and down — challenge yourself. This will "trick" your body into burning more calories since it can not achieve steady state.

When it comes to the heart rate question— whether to stay lower or higher — this is your answer. At a lower % of max heart rate (65%), a larger percentage of calories burned come from fat than at a higher heart rate (75-85%). HOWEVER, despite the percentages, you will burn more total calories and therefore more total fat calories at a higher heart rate.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-29-2007 at 09:12 AM.

It obvious i didn't write it myself i was quoting. I now included the credits. Oh you think its crap. How can it be crap when HIIT proven to burn 9x more fat in less exercise time. The guy holds M.S., M.S.A., FACHE. and holds several USA Track and Field Masters titles including first place in the 100-meter sprint, Southeastern U.S. Championships for his age group in 2000. In 2001, he placed third nationally in USA Track and Field Masters Nationals in his age group in the javelin throw, fifth in discus, and he won medals in several 100 and 200 meter sprint competitions. In 2003, he will compete in the National Seniors Games in the 100 meter and 200 meter
    Phil Campbell's inspiration to help improve the health status of large populations was sparked by his Health Services masters degree advisor, Dr. Ed Cavanaugh, a former division administrator with the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. Mainstream biomedical research is the base for all of Phil Campbell?s writing and over 160 research studies are cited in his book.
    Phil Campbell is the creator of Synergy Fitness a comprehensive fitness training approach targeted at five major areas of fitness flexibility, endurance, strength, power, and anaerobic conditioning.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-29-2007 at 09:12 AM.

I wouldn't recommend HIIT until you can do steady cardio for a whole hour. I was appealing to people who already goto the gym regular who already at a good level of fitness. I would not recommend it until you can do 3-4 months of steady cardio first. You could always walk up the hill instead of run then or whatever speed you want that works for you. The idea is run uphill as the work phase, catch your breath at the top and then walk downhill as form of recovery read for the next onslaught.

If you walk on a treadmill watching tv then even normal cardio would not attract you and neither would HIIT. So it obvious with a tiny amount of common sense that only fit people would attempt it.

This thread is getting off topic. If you want to discuss cardio start another thread.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-29-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Another possible good fat loss is DMAE found in alot pre-workout supplements. The energy boost it provokes contributes to heightened metabolism and thermogenesis, also calcium is good for fat loss and metabolism as its been studied the more calcium in a cell the more fat is burned. This would explain why little old ladies who take calcium supplements are thin. Just Kidding but there is a strong connection between calcium and fat loss.

Many studies have linked calcium with weight loss, but this study indicates it's more than just the calcium in dairy products that helps you burn fat and lose weight.

"Dairy foods have a number of compounds that work with calcium to augment the process of fat-burning and slow down the process of making new fat," says lead researcher Michael Zemel, Ph.D., director of the Nutrition Institute at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.

Volunteers in the 24-week-long study were given three types of diets that reduced caloric intake by 500 calories. One diet was high in dairy products (at least three servings), one limited dairy products but added a calcium supplement to boost calcium intake, and the third was a low-calcium, low-dairy diet.

The results: Volunteers in the high-dairy group lost an average of 24 pounds, or 11 percent, of their total body weight; about 16 of those pounds were from fat. Those in the high-calcium group lost an average of 19 pounds/12 pounds of fat -- or about 9 percent of total body weight. This compares to a loss of about 15 pounds/11 pounds of fat in the low-calcium/low-dairy group.

"The overall effect is that dairy," says Dr. Zemel, who has studied the calcium-diet connection for years, "is at least twice as effective as other sources of calcium in boosting your body’s ability to lose weight and fat."

Several References
    http://www.webmd.com/news/20000417/calcium-low-fat-diet
    http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/calcium-metabolism.htm

Calcium is great for fat loss especially in dairy products so the low fat variety is ideal. There is also Conjugated Linoleic Acid(CLA) in milk which might be a factor also in helping to lose weight. So drinking skimmed milk and yoghurt would help. Calcium wins i'm adding it to the list.
    Last edited by markymoo; 09-29-2007 at 10:22 AM.