GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Does creatine cause breakouts? (acne)

I used to have acne really bad, but I've been clear for nearly 2 years untill recently, I have a few spots appearing here and there. Also, I have been on creatine for a month and a half. Is this a coincidence or could cretine be the cause, as I've heard that it can cause breakouts. I would really like to know.

TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep, your balls are going to shrink soon too. To help reverse the affects do search on the sides of creatine..........
    Vince Lombardi-

"If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."

"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GeordieArtois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's ok my balls fell off when I was five, horrible incident involving a pitbull.
    Seriously though, you're kidding right?
    I just want to know if creatine may cause acne breakouts, I had it bad a few years back and it led to health problems.

TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Come on man, use the search button look at the stickies. Plus you shouldnt be taking **** if you dont know what the side effects of it are and how safe it is. Do your research before you buy things. And NO it does NOT cause acne..............
    Vince Lombardi-

"If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."

"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cs110x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    think of creatine as a crappy neighbor of protein. it goes to ur muscles not to ur skin. you kno what it does? it gives u the poops and u kno y? DIGESTION. there are no physical side effects except harder fuller muscles

ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No, creatine does not cause acne breakouts. I read a study over on mercola.com where creatine has actually been shown to improve skin health.

Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xsports04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it does not affect testosterone it is anabolic so no.
    Height: 6' 3"
    Weight: 220
    Bf%: 10%
    Arm: 18" un-pumped
    More stats soon to come...
    Just got done cutting from 230lbs. down to 215lbs.
    Now bulking again =)

"Things do not change; we change."

"Life is about creating yourself."

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It doesn't cause acne, no.

"it does not affect testosterone it is anabolic so no." What does that even mean?

*obligatory Mercola insult*
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ke0
    No, creatine does not cause acne breakouts. I read a study over on mercola.com where creatine has actually been shown to improve skin health.
    There's credibility for you - one whole study. However, to answer the original post, it's unlikely your acne is directly caused by creatine. Rather, it's possible that you're not consuming enough water to account for the increased water demands of creatine. If that is the case, pores can easily become blocked as a result of dehydration. It's also likely that the study quoted above saw improved skin quality from creatine based on increased water consumption. It's well known that adequate water consumption has a positive impact on skin health.

amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amplify2max has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea, it gave me a lil more acne then usual 2

red eagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red eagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red eagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also had a rise in acne. After a couple weeks of creatine, acne went back to normal though.

Started CEE about 5 weeks ago, gave me bad acne for the first 2 weeks, then it went back down.

Coincedence? I don't think so. It has given me acne for the first couple weeks every time i start creatine (or CEE). But then it tapers off.

ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ke0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Magnetic
    There's credibility for you - one whole study. However, to answer the original post, it's unlikely your acne is directly caused by creatine. Rather, it's possible that you're not consuming enough water to account for the increased water demands of creatine. If that is the case, pores can easily become blocked as a result of dehydration. It's also likely that the study quoted above saw improved skin quality from creatine based on increased water consumption. It's well known that adequate water consumption has a positive impact on skin health.
    One whole study I happened to come across. I am sure there are more.

Is it just me or is bb.com becoming more and more full of arrogant know-it-alls who try to find flaws in everything that is said to make themselves look smart?

Oliewud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oliewud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oliewud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oliewud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oliewud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oliewud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use to think creatine does cause acne, but to tell u the truth it's not the creatine....the creatine is making u push harder (alot of teens think their superman when on creatine) and therefore probably leveling up your testosterone during intense workouts, which then causes increase in sebum (oil glands) and then u breakout. But this only goes to teens who already have raging hormones.

georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiboiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

me too!

Originally Posted by red eagle View Post
    I also had a rise in acne. After a couple weeks of creatine, acne went back to normal though.

Started CEE about 5 weeks ago, gave me bad acne for the first 2 weeks, then it went back down.

Coincedence? I don't think so. It has given me acne for the first couple weeks every time i start creatine (or CEE). But then it tapers off.
    yeah man me too. its my second time on it but i dont remember what my skin was like the first time, i just know that i have had less than 2 pimples in the last 6 weeks and i began the loading phase 4 days ago and now i have about 5 pimples at once.
    inb4 big deal my face is raging with joocy carbunkles

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. Can't believe it's been 5 years!

Anyhoo, no I don't think it has any noticeable effect on the skin. CEE is one of my staple supplements.
    Currently cutting

Supplements:

Caffeine
    Syntrax whey shake
    Creapure monohydrate
    Driven Sports Lean Xtreme