PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Calves with no equiptment

I'ts my week off from the gym and my next scheduled leg workout is next saturday, so ive taken this opportunity to completley smash my calves with massive volume and reps.

Every day,Whenever i have a spare few moments i go and do 25 to 50 standing calf raises with just my body weight, i probably do about 600 a day in total..

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can make this more effective (different excercises, etc). i actually dont have any equiptment at home at the moment so bodyweight excercises or anything creative would be good.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PeteCraig View Post
    I'ts my week off from the gym and my next scheduled leg workout is next saturday, so ive taken this opportunity to completley smash my calves with massive volume and reps.

Every day,Whenever i have a spare few moments i go and do 25 to 50 standing calf raises with just my body weight, i probably do about 600 a day in total..

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can make this more effective (different excercises, etc). i actually dont have any equiptment at home at the moment so bodyweight excercises or anything creative would be good.
    Try to do it off a stair or similar surface for full range.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    that's what ive been doing

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PeteCraig View Post
    that's what ive been doing
    Just hold a 5 gallon bucket of water or something.
    Time To Re-Schedule

surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    walk around just on your tip toes all day long...trust me they will burn after a while. you could try making some raised heel shoes which force you to walk on your tip toes(not sure if that would work just an idea)
    No Pain---No Gain

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3469541

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by surfnut View Post
    walk around just on your tip toes all day long...trust me they will burn after a while. you could try making some raised heel shoes which force you to walk on your tip toes(not sure if that would work just an idea)
    also try donkey calf raises if you have someone willing to ride you. lol
    No Pain---No Gain

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    Just hold a 5 gallon bucket of water or something.
    beat me to it!
    i just started with the bucket yesterday!
    one legged raises, on the stairs with the bucket half filled!
    works killer!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    they would have to be the other way round, raised ball instead of heel.

Originally Posted by Tetsu. View Post
    they would have to be the other way round, raised ball instead of heel.
    think they would work?? just an idea i had heard it somewhere can remember where
    No Pain---No Gain

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    think they would work?? just an idea i had heard it somewhere can remember where
    yea they already make calve/jump shoes like that for basket ball.

like this

http://www.strength-shoes.com/

don't know what they are like, not really something i see people saying transformed their calves

Originally Posted by Tetsu. View Post
    yea they already make calve/jump shoes like that for basket ball.
    there you go. How well do they work?...my calves suck arse

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.

edit: you were to quick for me
    No Pain---No Gain

Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IMO you have to go heavy and use high reps to hit calves. I use 320 lbs and do 3 x 25 reps. If you only have your own body weight to work with, I'm guessing sprints would be the best way to hit them.
    Chuck Norris sleeps with a pillow under his gun.