Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    royalstud02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can Creatine Cause High Blood Pressure?

I work out and do cardio about 4 to 5 times a week. I use creatine, glutamine, protein, and asx multivitamin. My blood pressure was 158/82. I stopped taking the creatine for about 3-4 weeks and it went down to 118/78. Can creatine cause high blood pressure?

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've pondered it and I'm going to say, theoretically, yes.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

ardrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

celery seed extract

I been takiing creatine for 7 days, noticed my blood pressure had been up, most the times about 135/85 but checked it once today and it was 145/90. Just checked it a few minutes ago and it was 121/77. I was upset when it was elevated today, a sickness in the family.

I'm considering taking celery seed extract a couple times a day. I've not been able to find searching how long it takes celery seed to work, 1 day, 5 days or how long? Anybody?

caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Just for the record...

This is a message for "ardrock." If high blood pressure is a sickness in your family, and my opinion is that you would know your family's history best, then I would highly advise NOT taking creatine at all! You have to realize one thing bro, since high blood pressure can lead to a number of things (such as stroke, heart attack, etc.) then is it really worth taking creatine knowing that this will only make things worse?

Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT advocating that you should NOT workout. All I am saying is this..You need to ask yourself one thing, "Is an extra 10 lbs of muscle more important than your life???" I doubt it bro. You sound like a smart guy so I'm assuming you will listen to your body when it tells you something.

Besides, you can still get results without creatine. Oh man! What just happened? Did someone just say what I think they did??? Yes. Now of course, your results will be a little different from if you do take creatine...But the fact of the matter is, I rather see you live another 40+ years without creatine than to die in the next 2. God bless you bro. Take care.

caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caesura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And one more thing, why would you waste your hard-earned cash on another supplement that supposedly will lower your blood pressure? Why not just tackle the problem at the source and completely eliminate that which is CAUSING your high blood pressure...It's simple bro, but it's up to you. You'll save a whole lot more money to buy some extra protein and plus, you'll live longer. Peace.

Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by caesura

Besides, you can still get results without creatine. Oh man! What just happened? Did someone just say what I think they did??? Yes. Now of course, your results will be a little different from if you do take creatine...But the fact of the matter is, I rather see you live another 40+ years without creatine than to die in the next 2. God bless you bro. Take care.

Whoa, take it easy... Die from creatine? Since when does creatine cause high blood pressure? I've been on creatine many times while having my blood pressure checked without any problems.

Find me one study that says creatine causes high blood pressure.

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Water retention can increase blood pressure. Creatine will increase water retention. Therefore in those with a predisposition to that, it sounds good in theory.

Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BringnIt
    Water retention can increase blood pressure. Creatine will increase water retention. Therefore in those with a predisposition to that, it sounds good in theory.
    If this is the case, then how come so many members of this forum say it's not necessary to cycle creatine? Wouldn't that mean that everyone on creatine will have increased water retention and everyone will have high blood pressure? Especially for an excessive period of time.

I checked my blood pressure this morning 133/84. This may be considered high for some people but I don't think its much to worry about. I'm going to take celery seed extract just to see if that will help while on creatine.

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The studies on the matter shows that creatine does not increase blood pressure.

Acute creatine loading increases fat-free mass, but does not affect blood pressure, plasma creatinine, or CK activity in men and women.

Mihic S, MacDonald JR, McKenzie S, Tarnopolsky MA.

Department of Kinesiology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Creatine monohydrate (CrM) administration may enhance high intensity exercise performance and increase body mass, yet few studies have examined for potential adverse effects, and no studies have directly considered potential gender differences. PURPOSE: The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of acute creatine supplementation upon total and lean mass and to determine potential side effects in both men and women. METHODS: The effect of acute CrM (20 g x d(-1) x 5 d) administration upon systolic, diastolic, and mean BP, plasma creatinine, plasma CK activity, and body composition was examined in 15 men and 15 women in a randomized, double-blind experiment. Additionally, ischemic isometric handgrip strength was measured before and after CrM or placebo (PL). RESULTS: CrM did not affect blood pressure, plasma creatinine, estimated creatinine clearance, plasma CK activity, or handgrip strength (P > 0.05). In contrast, CrM significantly increased fat-free mass (FFM) and total body mass (P < 0.05) as compared with PL, with no changes in body fat. The observed mass changes were greater for men versus women. CONCLUSIONS: These findings suggest that acute CrM administration does not affect blood pressure, renal function, or plasma CK activity, but increases FFM. The effect of CrM upon FFM may be greater in men as compared with that in women.

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Clemenza
    If this is the case, then how come so many members of this forum say it's not necessary to cycle creatine? Wouldn't that mean that everyone on creatine will have increased water retention and everyone will have high blood pressure? Especially for an excessive period of time.
    Creatine most definently makes my muscles hold more water, i've been on creatine for years by now and my blood pressure has not been affected (it's in the low normal range).

Just for emphasis, I said in THEORY it could be possible in individuals prone to blood pressure problems. It was just speculation for the one individual's case, and possibly a few others like him.

Just for emphasis, I said in THEORY it could be possible in individuals prone to blood pressure problems. It was just speculation for the one individual's case, and possibly a few others like him.
    Yes but there is more to water retention than you might think, the effects of it depends on WHERE the extra water is stored, this is why things like sodium (that causes subcutaneous water retention) will raise blood pressure while creatine (that causes intramuscular water retention) won't.

You know, this was a very simple subject. But it's completely obvious that some of the members of this board did not get the message. The intent of this thread was not to proclaim that creatine "does" cause high blood pressure in "everyone" that takes it. We were just focusing on ardrock's situation, not too hard to understand I hope.

Anyway, I never even implied that creatine causes death. The point I made clear was the fact that if a certain individual has high blood pressure problems and finds that while on creatine that his blood pressure is affected in a negative way...then this individual should stay off creatine because it could prove to be fatal. Enough said.

talked to my doctor today who is also one of my best friends, told him I was lifting some weights, trying to get in shape and taking some creatine to help me out. He said that 135/ 85 was OK, for me, he looked up my chart and that is what it was 6 months ago. He told me to lay off the salt and drink plenty of water. I ask him about celery seed extract, he said that he didn't think I needed that but had heard some good reports about it.

Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't buy it.

I was at my loading phase (lmao) and I checked my rest pulse and blood presure. 134 uper blood presure, 84 lower blood prsure, and 59 heart beat.

That's prety ogod if you ask me.

CDothage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure not to take glutamine at the same time as creatine. The substances will compete for reception. Take creatine pre-workout and glutamine post-workout.
    My Supplements:
    Ergopharm GF Pro
    ON 100% Whey
    Omega Sports Thunder
    Controlled Labs Green Bulge
    Controlled Labs White Blood
    Controlled Labs Red Acid
    AST Multi Pro 32X
    Optimum BCAAs
    Fish Oil

Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the same problem

I have been taking creatine on and off for about 3 years. I am through with creatine.. my blood pressure was fine around 120/65 in high school. My senior year i started creatine it jumped up to 140/90. from then on I have notice my blood pressure get as high as 160/90 while on creatine. Everytime I get off of it, my bp goes down. recently on creatine it was 155/80. after eating similiar foods, keeping the same weight, doing the same exercise, and on the same supplements, i got off creatine. after a week off of it my bp started to drop again down to 135/65. which usually u do not lose ALL of your stores in week. im sure in another week it will lower even more. maybe in general it doesnt cause high bp, but i think some peeps may be sensitive to it. Seeing my bp is an obvious reason to never do it again. but, for all that it doesnt affect, keep it up, i have not had or seen any other probs with it.
    5'9"
    176 lbs
    squats: 320x6
    Deadlift:355x6
    Military:135x5

B.S. in Exercise Science from Ball State University

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mine is always 220 over 190............

-Spaz

ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What most of you guys don't know is that weightlifting with high weights (low reps) increases the cardiac post load, which in turn may increase the systolic blood pressure. That's why some of us sometimes have a SystolicBP higher than normal, while the DiastolicaBP is quite normal.

It is not that uncommon for me to have a SPB between 140 and 150 (higher than normal) and a DBP between 60 and 80 (perfectly "normal"). My cardiology teacher, who happens to be one of the best in my country, explained that to me.

Best would be to do some aerobic exercise even during bulk periods. OR doing some trainings consisting of weightlifting exercises with low weight, high reps.
    DoN'T Be a FooL... WRaP YouR TooL!

NO! Portugal IS NOT a province of Spain!

brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50) brodus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Celery Seed extract works and is cheap.

Hawthorne Berry works and is cheap.

In general, nearly all herbal ancillaries need a minimum of 4-6 weeks to start working. (those 2-weeks of Milk Thistle while on M1T don't really do shiaat).

I totally agree with the theory that in some individuals, esp. with predisposition, increased water retention and bloating via creatine could elevate BP.

What we need is more people to take their BP...and not just for creatine, for everything. A study is not going to tell you what creatine will do to YOU. This is not to say it's dangerous, just that whenever you play doctor with your biochemsitry, you should do it right, and play doctor by monitoring changes as well.

Just because members of a forum never cycle creatine doesn't mean its a good thing. I cycle just about everything, save ancillaries, which I try to run year-round. I've read all of the arguments, etc., and from multiple angles I just feel it's much smarter to cycle something like creatine.

blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the new Creatine Ethyl Ester's don't cause any water retention or bloating so you don't have to worry about any rise in your blood pressure...

Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleister666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Man I Should Be Dead Then.......

I Guess Im Very Lucky To Be Still Alive After Using Creatine And D-bol For 8 Yrs!!!!!....man,booze Will Kill You Quicker Than Bloody Creatine Ever Will,or Half The Garbage In Our Food...creatine!jesus.....
    FIVE SEVEN...245LBS OF 100% GRADE A CANADIAN MOOSE MEAT!!!...
    GOD I LOVE PAIN!!!...IT LETS ME KNOW IM STILL ALIVE!!!...
    "Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"...
    Lucifer in Miltons Paradise Lost
    "BECOME WHO YOU ARE!"
    NIETZSCHE

waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree to a point, I think it depends on the person. I had normal BP then took creatine for a while, went in for a check up and my BP was through the roof! I was like WTF. So I layed off the creatine but still took my normal vitamins and protien shakes, after a couple of weeks got my PB taken again and it was back to normal levels. I am thinking that is is the creatine how ever I have no proof other than research and that I get mixed info by different doctors.
    11B

blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by waco View Post
    I agree to a point, I think it depends on the person. I had normal BP then took creatine for a while, went in for a check up and my BP was through the roof! I was like WTF. So I layed off the creatine but still took my normal vitamins and protien shakes, after a couple of weeks got my PB taken again and it was back to normal levels. I am thinking that is is the creatine how ever I have no proof other than research and that I get mixed info by different doctors.
    well Creatine Mono does increase water retention inside muscle cells/tissue, so this can contribute to a rise in blood pressure. i guess it just depends on the person though.

glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000) glassjoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump

try Con-Cret Creatine, no sides and THE BEST CREATINE product i have ever used!!!

Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hyperkondriac will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool creatine

Creatine will help you get a more full look, and your muscles will define, and you will cut up great. Take some caffeine diet pills after a creatine cycle for a few weeks while doing lots of cardio. Then your muscles will bulge out even bigger and you will get stronger. Hard work pays off. High blood pressure is sometimes necessary while working out to get bigger.

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blackdream71 View Post
    try Con-Cret Creatine, no sides and THE BEST CREATINE product i have ever used!!!
    what did you stack with it?

Originally Posted by quank View Post
    what did you stack with it?
    Molecular Nutritions Peak Beta (Beta-Alanine) and Poliquin Nutritions "Rhaponticum Excellence" (50mg per cap of 95% Ecdysterone extract, took 6 caps per day, 300mg total).