big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big fig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm football training-use sprinting to build up speed, stamina, and LEG MUSCLES?

I played football for the first time monday and fell in love so I'm now working on reaching my potential in the sport. OK, so I was doing squats the other day. I got through 2 sets and then decided to ditch the leg workout and go sprinting. I did about 10 sets of sprinting. My legs were sore and pumped. I knew already that sprinting can build up your leg muscles. So I'm thinking of doing sprinting every other day of the weekday (2-3 times a week) to build up my legs instead of using weights. I will continue weightlifting for upper body.

How can I successfully train with sprinting? My routine is this:

2-3 times a week. I start out with 10 minutes of warm ups. jogging, brisk walking, running sideways, and backwards.

Then I make a distance and sprint it. Catch my breath and then sprint back. Repeat this 10 times. Or more if I feel like it.

squats and milk = growth niCe99's Avatar
    niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by big fig
    I played football for the first time monday and fell in love so I'm now working on reaching my potential in the sport. OK, so I was doing squats the other day. I got through 2 sets and then decided to ditch the leg workout and go sprinting. I did about 10 sets of sprinting. My legs were sore and pumped. I knew already that sprinting can build up your leg muscles. So I'm thinking of doing sprinting every other day of the weekday (2-3 times a week) to build up my legs instead of using weights. I will continue weightlifting for upper body.

How can I successfully train with sprinting? My routine is this:

2-3 times a week. I start out with 10 minutes of warm ups. jogging, brisk walking, running sideways, and backwards.

Then I make a distance and sprint it. Catch my breath and then sprint back. Repeat this 10 times. Or more if I feel like it.
    correct me if im wrong but, dont u need to stimulate your muscles in order for it to grow? shure you'll get SOME gains but thats it. you'll be repeating the whole process and your body easily adapts to that.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=9087539#post9087539