loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My butt/legs too big plz help

I have no idea how this has happened, but in the past 4 months since I started lifting heavy my butt and quads have gotten huge. They were really strong before from ice hockey, but never big. My pants totally dont fit anymore and I cant buy any of the clothes I like because my lower body is so weird now. I've stopped doing lower body completely. I do however do cardio 6 days a week because I am cutting. I think the cardio is keeping the muscle intact in my legs.

This is a horrible situation and I kinda do look rediculous right now. What can I do? The only time I hit my legs with weights is with dead lifts.

thanks

JSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just wear zubaz pant all the time
    member @ AR
    member @ [url]www.ironforlife.com[/url]

Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont know what to say. Having excellent leg mass is a gift. My best advice is to train the hell out of your upper body so you look in proportion. And buy new pants.

Dont worry about the ass, chicks dig a ghetto booty. Just ask BignBuff, one of our mods.

My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over...

loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) loser99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I guess its a gift for some, but Im lucky enough to have a body that is very flexible if I focus on doing things. You think eventually I will lose the butt or should I tone down on cardio? This sounds girly, but im so into clothing it kills me to not have that optimal body type for designer clothes.

someone said the Eliptical and Stairmaster are big butt enhancers. You think im better off running/bike?

Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well, I like big butts and I cannot lie. You other forum members can't deny, that when some guy comes in a gym with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get sprung.

Originally Posted by Lucide
    Well, I like big butts and I cannot lie. You other forum members can't deny, that when some guy comes in a gym with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get sprung.
    I think thats why the created the reps system... non-the-less I will leave you alone

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE COMMENT???

Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500) Lucide is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by loser99
    I think thats why the created the reps system... non-the-less I will leave you alone

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE COMMENT???
    lol, all joking aside, I don't think your legs will atrophy if you are still doing deads and any kind of anaerobic low body cardio. And it would suck to give those up.

And I think the rep system was created so that a person could rate the knowledge and credibility of the person giving them advice or opinions, not to rate someone's sense of humor.

MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no idea how this has happened, but in the past 4 months since I started lifting heavy my butt and quads have gotten huge. They were really strong before from ice hockey, but never big. My pants totally dont fit anymore and I cant buy any of the clothes I like because my lower body is so weird now. I've stopped doing lower body completely. I do however do cardio 6 days a week because I am cutting. I think the cardio is keeping the muscle intact in my legs.

This is a horrible situation and I kinda do look rediculous right now. What can I do? The only time I hit my legs with weights is with dead lifts.

thanks
    Perhaps it's your genetics or your basic body structure, or the fact that your legs were already strong from ice hockey. I had a similar problem during my first real bulking phase, where my legs became huge in relation to the rest of my body. But I suspect it was due, largely, to the fact that I often rode my bike rather long distances as a kid and through college, just for fun. It seems to me that if you've been working a particular muscle for a long time, that muscle will be somewhat more predisposed to grow more easily and more quickly with weights.

I would imagine bicycling would work the glutes less than the elliptical or stairstepper. Perhaps the bike should be your main cardio exercise, though all exercises involving the legs also involve the glutes to some extent; they're just too closely connected to avoid.

I don't know what type of physique you want for yourself, but I think the best thing to do at this point would be to focus on building your upper body with weights to the point where it's proportionate to your lower body. Also, you need to find stores that sell designer clothes that will fit you; they do exist.

Originally Posted by MuscleBlast4
    Perhaps it's your genetics or your basic body structure, or the fact that your legs were already strong from ice hockey. I had a similar problem during my first real bulking phase, where my legs became huge in relation to the rest of my body. But I suspect it was due, largely, to the fact that I often rode my bike rather long distances as a kid and through college, just for fun. It seems to me that if you've been working a particular muscle for a long time, that muscle will be somewhat more predisposed to grow more easily and more quickly with weights.

I would imagine bicycling would work the glutes less than the elliptical or stairstepper. Perhaps the bike should be your main cardio exercise, though all exercises involving the legs also involve the glutes to some extent; they're just too closely connected to avoid.

I don't know what type of physique you want for yourself, but I think the best thing to do at this point would be to focus on building your upper body with weights to the point where it's proportionate to your lower body. Also, you need to find stores that sell designer clothes that will fit you; they do exist.
    My body was way different in November. I guess the heavy weights did it. I went up from 155 to 201 in 4 1/2 months. When I start bulking I'll stop cardio period and omit all leg exercises (even dead lifts). I think if I can go for an extended period of time without working the legs at all I will lose the muscle. This is by far the most insain phenonmenon I've ever encountered. People are so crazy about not losing muscle mass, but when it turns out I actually want to lose muscle I cant do it.

As for clothes. I shop around alot. If I see something I like I have to get it, because I know there is nothing else out there like it. All these clothes are made to fit a certain figure. I had that figure 6 months ago, now im fukced. My thighs are too big as is my butt, so nothing fits right.

Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it really that bad? Id like to see a picture of your body proportions. Maybe it is just in your head

Originally Posted by Falcon01
    Is it really that bad? Id like to see a picture of your body proportions. Maybe it is just in your head
    It bothers me a little because my legs aren't in proportion. The thing that really set me off is when the guy at the store told me the pair of pants I wanted to buy wouldn't fit right because of big muscles in my legs and butt. I really care about clothes that much. Any advice anyone can give who's tried to lose muscle would be appreciated. I like to drop alot of money on pants and keep them for a while, so I'd like it if I could wear my old stuff too.

MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBlast4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It bothers me a little because my legs aren't in proportion. The thing that really set me off is when the guy at the store told me the pair of pants I wanted to buy wouldn't fit right because of big muscles in my legs and butt. I really care about clothes that much. Any advice anyone can give who's tried to lose muscle would be appreciated. I like to drop alot of money on pants and keep them for a while, so I'd like it if I could wear my old stuff too.
    I'm wondering what sort of clothes, exactly, you like to wear. Where do you like to shop for clothes?

If you wanted to lose some muscle, I would imagine you should increase the number of calories burned during your cardio workouts, make it so that you're expending more calories than you're taking in, and reduce the amount of protein you consume. Eat less, overall. Somewhat like going on a cutting phase, but more drastic and with less protein. However, you would lose muscle on your upper body as well.
    Last edited by MuscleBlast4; 05-15-2005 at 08:53 PM.

burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10) burlybig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1. If women comment on your butt, just bounce those cheeks for them
    Its a good conversation starter

2. Whats the weather like in Jersey right now? I wouldnt invest too much money into pants, its almost summer weather

3. I had the problem through high school, my quads & hams were massive, It took me forever to find a pair of jeans that fit properly, but of all the places i found a pair of wide leg boot cut jeans at old navy that fit pretty good.

It just bugs the crap out of me when my jeans are tight around my quads but loose on the waist

& theres always something called a belt

Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dick Justice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well if i were you id buy short short womens jean shorts, XXXL. Theyre made for big thighs and butts so your in the zone. And who doesnt respect a guy with a pair of shorts like those? Personally i wouldnt wana get kicked in the face when a guy is wearing really short shorts. Make sure theyre the jean material kind, shredded at the bottom.

yah I dont think my butt/legs looks bad, chicks have grabbed it and say it's nice. So I guess the clothing is the big problem. I shop at a bunch of stores that aren't really chain stores. There might be a pair of pants I find that they only made 12 pairs of. I'm doing the belt thing for now, but it bunches up in the croch. Basically I dont want to have to shop for things that are made for my body type because then I cant buy anything I want.

Doing more cardio wont do anything. Its all muscle in the legs/butt no fat really. I need to lose muscle there and thats all. I cant stop doing cardio until I bulk, so I dont really think Ill lose any muscle in that area until I start bulking and can leave those muscles alone and not work them at all for a good few months.

mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yah I dont think my butt/legs looks bad, chicks have grabbed it and say it's nice. So I guess the clothing is the big problem. I shop at a bunch of stores that aren't really chain stores. There might be a pair of pants I find that they only made 12 pairs of. I'm doing the belt thing for now, but it bunches up in the croch. Basically I dont want to have to shop for things that are made for my body type because then I cant buy anything I want.

Doing more cardio wont do anything. Its all muscle in the legs/butt no fat really. I need to lose muscle there and thats all. I cant stop doing cardio until I bulk, so I dont really think Ill lose any muscle in that area until I start bulking and can leave those muscles alone and not work them at all for a good few months.
    I wouldn't every recommend this to anyone since we know it leads to muscle loss, but if you're really serious about dropping muscle. Try the Atkins Diet.(be forewarned that muscle loss is not the only effects of this "fad diet").

Here's a exerpt from an article I found:
    If someone were to be consistent with the Atkins Diet, they may run into the following problems: acetone breath, gout (painful inflammation of the joints), high cholesterol (LDL = bad), kidney damage, weakness, bad (acne) or dry skin, thinning hair, increased risk of heart attack, yellowish instead of white eye balls, set back or sunken eye balls, catabolism (muscle loss), frequent urination, vitamin and mineral loss, mood swings, headaches, dizzy spells, and other health related problems due to improper nutrition balance.

Originally Posted by mighty_mike
    I wouldn't every recommend this to anyone since we know it leads to muscle loss, but if you're really serious about dropping muscle. Try the Atkins Diet.(be forewarned that muscle loss is not the only effects of this "fad diet").

Here's a exerpt from an article I found:
    If someone were to be consistent with the Atkins Diet, they may run into the following problems: acetone breath, gout (painful inflammation of the joints), high cholesterol (LDL = bad), kidney damage, weakness, bad (acne) or dry skin, thinning hair, increased risk of heart attack, yellowish instead of white eye balls, set back or sunken eye balls, catabolism (muscle loss), frequent urination, vitamin and mineral loss, mood swings, headaches, dizzy spells, and other health related problems due to improper nutrition balance.
    nah dude, why would I do Atkins. You just said laying off the cardio and deadlifts would work. I dont want to lose muscle all over, I just want to isolate that area and leave it alone for a couple months. I think thats my only option.