Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post After drinking ON whey I feel...

Hey guys, quick question.

I been drinking ON Whey chocolate protien 10 min. after my workouts and i start to feel sick and bloated. I was curious if anyone else is getting this same reaction?

I'm thinking of switching my protien to EAS multiplex, what do you guys think?

Killer Boots, Man! mistermuscles's Avatar
    mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Impact26

I been drinking ON Whey chocolate protien 10 min. after my workouts and i start to feel sick and bloated. I was curious if anyone else is getting this same reaction?

I feel sick after taking it a lot as well. But as long as I don't puke it up, it's all good.
    Kerry Adkisson (1960-1993)
    Steve Irwin (1962-2006)
    Owen Hart (1965-1999)
    Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005)

You are missed!!!

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe you are lactose intolerant...
    have you tried isolates?
    IG: @tuanlifts

The Hispanic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hispanic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hispanic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hispanic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hispanic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Hispanic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take the same protien with no problems.

The Bulldog Honky *KNUCKLEHEAD*'s Avatar
    *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do u mix it with water? maybe u just need to give it a few minutes to settle in your stomch before u lift.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes I did also when I was taking in a concentrate, I have switched to an isolate and blend of Milk protein isolate for during the day and whey isolate postworkout I feel great etc. I am lactose intolerant so you may be also
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Brains Will Get u Big Mega-Giraffe's Avatar
    Mega-Giraffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Usually when you feel bloated ur digestive tract particularly your small intestines and stomach are expressing an 'allergic' reaction, most ppl who take protein supplements will experience them,
    I bet your experience some nasty gas too? LoL it honestly can be a number of things depending on your diet and what ur gut can take ie) some ppl can drink 2% fine but when they make the switch to 1% or skim they get very bloated and farty

Probiotics ie - good bacteria that line ur intestinal wall also play a role as their main function is digestion of macromolecule ie- protein carbs and fats

I have had an expereince myself I used to take ON 100% whey for about a year and a half with no bloating and farting - this year however in january 05 I experienced a really messed up digestive problem in which my probioitic bacteria or 'flora' were imbalanced with bad bacteria that are in ur digestive system as well, I than began working out again and taking the same supplments N large 2 On 100% whey and Animal PAK and I could not handle the protein anymore even ON 100% i'd fart like crazy and bloat up like I had a huge gut it was horrible!

So I stopped taking ON 100% whey i do plan on getting back to it though as I have started supplementing with probiotics eating much more yogurt & milk (stuff w/ bacteria in it) and so far so good notice a lot less bloating and I can take the protein wihtout any farting anymore
    'Muuuuuuuahahahhahaha!'

Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Impact26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I use it as a post workout drink and i usually use 2% milk. Is it possible that I'm feeling this way 'cause right after my workouts I gulp down cellmass and then 10 min later i drink ON Whey with 2% milk?

Last I checked I wasnt lactose intolerant, I drink milk in the morning while eating peanut butter & strawberry jelly sandwiches, and I dont feel any discomfort.

Thanks again for your comments.

Live To Lift Another Day! Downn's Avatar
    Downn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have been using ON whey pre/post workout for 2-3 years with no problems. Right after i workout i use 2 scoops with about 8 ounces of water and/or 1% milk and have never had a problem. Maybe you are drinking it with to much water/milk???

Also try it w/o the cellmass once and see if you notice any difference??

**note it only recommends the cellmass with 4-6 oz. of water so don't over do it on the water**

Peace...

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only protein i ever exeperienced bloating from was Prolab's 100% whey.

Usually bloating is caused by

A)Lactose intolerance- ranges from slight to very bad. Usually a person is aware if they are lactose intolerant.

B) Drinking the shake too quickly. If you gulp it down as soon as your finished working out, you'll probably feel sick not only from the speed at which you drank it, also from the still present lactic acid floating around and the air you gulped down with it.

C) Not letting it settle before drinking it. All those bubbles you just swallowed are now in your stomach taking up room. Your gonna be burping for a while trying to get rid of the excess gas.

Look to see if c is your problem, then check out b. Then try something like Bromelain or other probiotics. if that doesn't work, switch from a blend to straight Isolate.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

Brains Will Get u Big Mega-Giraffe's Avatar
    Mega-Giraffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah add lonny's reply on to my reply

also could be the amount of lactose in the protein as well look for some that are lactose free

ON does contain 10mg of an Enzyme blend consisting of lactase and aminogen

hmm Dymatize Elite wheyhas about the same stuff but a greater quantity 40mg, I have ordered Dymatize Elite whey protein and i'm gona try that out see if there is less bloating hehe
    'Muuuuuuuahahahhahaha!'

I was reading other posts, and i read Dymatize Elite is a good protien, i also read that butter cream toffee one of the most favored flavors

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was reading other posts, and i read Dymatize Elite is a good protien, i also read that butter cream toffee one of the most favored flavors

As the person who first introduced it to the forum (takes bow) i highly reccomend it as a good protein to have in your collection. On the other hand, i would not reccomend it as your sole source of protein powder. I find its best to have a few different 5 lb tubs of protein around to mix and match and not get sick of one flavour.

Dymatize in general is a good protein powder to have, and I've reviewed the Mocha as well as straight chocolate. Numerous others have reviews the Orange and Pina Colada. If your only going to have one flavour then i suggest you choose wisely from the reviews. if your going to have more than one protein flavour, take Butter Cream because it will give you soemthing you've never had before.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

Talking

Originally Posted by Lonny
    As the person who first introduced it to the forum (takes bow) i highly reccomend it as a good protein to have in your collection. On the other hand, i would not reccomend it as your sole source of protein powder. I find its best to have a few different 5 lb tubs of protein around to mix and match and not get sick of one flavour.

Dymatize in general is a good protein powder to have, and I've reviewed the Mocha as well as straight chocolate. Numerous others have reviews the Orange and Pina Colada. If your only going to have one flavour then i suggest you choose wisely from the reviews. if your going to have more than one protein flavour, take Butter Cream because it will give you soemthing you've never had before.
    i'll try that out ...thanks Lonny!

rock777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I had a few probs with bloating when I was taking it with milk, so I decided to use water. Ever since then, my bloating has subsided tremdously. I would suggest you actually take your protein during your workout. I do that now and have hardly no bloat now. Besides, your body needs energy to replenish the massive breakdown during working out(assuming you go balls out).

Smile

Originally Posted by rock777
    I had a few probs with bloating when I was taking it with milk, so I decided to use water. Ever since then, my bloating has subsided tremdously. I would suggest you actually take your protein during your workout. I do that now and have hardly no bloat now. Besides, your body needs energy to replenish the massive breakdown during working out(assuming you go balls out).
    thanks rock for the advise, i'll try that out.

4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I currently take HP 100% Whey twice a day and ON's ProComplexPM prior to bed. The HP protien gives me no discomfort with or without milk, but the ON seems to cause bloating and possibly some dehydration with or without milk (I wake up very thirsty and dry-mouthed when taking it). Can't really tell you why...
    The internet is equalled only by public education and network news in its ability to spread disinformation at an alarming rate...

E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same thing too, i just picked up some universal whey pro it's lactose free.
    The World Is Yours

5"8
    160lbs

Weight
    2005-193lbs
    2006-182lbs
    2007-154lbs
    BF % ???

I just had ON whey as a post workout drink, and i dont feel sick, cause i haven't taken cellmass yet. but i do feel bloated. As Lonny stated earlier, i'm going to try different whey protiens and mix them up a bit (1 this day, next the other day, etc..) i'll see how that works out.

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I get killer gas. But I don't feel sick after drinking it...

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Its normal with a cheap concentrate especially ON's, opt for an isolate
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack
    Its normal with a cheap concentrate especially ON's, opt for an isolate
    All of your posts talk about isolates. What would you recommend that isn't going to break that bank each month? For the price no one out there can beat ON's price per serving.

hey everyone,

I've been taking ON whey with just ice cold water, and i haven't been feeling sick anymore... i'm guessing it was the mixture with the milk that was gettin me sick.
    I tried dyrmatize elite : butter toffee, well it just has a blah taste by itself.

lately just taking ON whey chocolate with ice cold water has been fine for me.

Thanks for all the feedback, i really appriciate it.

Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10) Action Hero is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just started using ON's Chocolate. It's pretty good. I don't get a bloat or anything but then again I've been mixing it with apple juice and oats after workouts.

-Hero
    "In the Eyes of the Ranger, the unsuspecting stranger, had better know the truth of wrong from right. 'Cause the eyes of the Ranger are upon you, any wrong you do he's gonna see. When you're in Texas, look behind you, 'cause thats where the Ranger's gonna be."

-Walker Texas Ranger Theme

gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just started on cookies n cream no stomach problems at 4+ scoops per day.
    Taste is suprisingly decent.

Originally Posted by gaberox
    Just started on cookies n cream no stomach problems at 4+ scoops per day.
    Taste is suprisingly decent.
    I have the cookies & cream and I can't drink it. I just can't get used to the taste. What do you put in yours that you can drink it? It seems to leave an after taste too...

iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iziromeoizi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

On Whey Response

Yeah, I def think its a lactose problem. I drink the stuff 2 times a day with non fat milk and have no problem. ON is the best whey period for the buck. Try Muscle Milk... its alittle pricy but is lactose free and taste great with water.

Adam