Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Right Knee Popped Doing Squats

On my last set of squats yesterday, my right knee made a very loud popping sound. I racked the wieght and it felt fine. It was wierd, but it didn't hurt. Once I got home, I noticed that it popped everytime I moved it. I went to bed to sleep it off and it is a little swollen this morning, not much more swollen than it felt by the time I got home yesterday. It isn't swollen to the eye, but it feels swollen, and it still pops with all types of movement. What the hell did I do?

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like a sprain. Doesn't really say much other than you've damaged a or some ligaments. Best thing to do is keep the weight off it, don't lift anything heavy with your legs, keep your leg elevated when possible, ice every 4 hrs and put on a brace or ace bandage.
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just got done icing it for 15 mintues and it felt pretty good. It definitly is swollen though. When I go to squat down, the right knee won't bend completely now, and it feels like it won't because of the swelling. It doesn't hurt too much, just kinda sore. The thing that is making me feel wierd is how it pops everytime I move it now. I'm going to my chiropractor later today, so I'll see what he says.

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like a good plan, it'll take about 2 weeks to fully heal. Be nice to it and you'll be squatting again in no time
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

I gave it a few weeks and it's finally feeling better. I still can't go into a full squat without my right knee feeling like it's going to explode, but it is 80% better. It still pops once in a while, but the popping is going away as it starts to feel better.

Now...how can I change my squat form so that I take the strain away from my knee. I thought I had it down, but I guess I did something wrong on that last rep.

Is it better to have a wider stance? I felt good enough to do some bodyweight squats and it seems with a much wider stance, it takes some strees away from my knees. I'm going to give it a while longer to heal, but I am experimenting with form to see what works best. I did some looking around and everyone has something different to say, but has anyone addressed which form is best for the knees?

priesty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well your pretty lucky if thats all that happend about two weeks ago I dislocated my knee I heard a pop sound as well and before i knew it i was on the ground screaming in pain and i still cant walk and im still in a brace but yea ive gotta start rehab on monday so take it easy dude.

Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stock350i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Originally Posted by Death-Mobile View Post
    On my last set of squats yesterday, my right knee made a very loud popping sound. I racked the wieght and it felt fine. It was wierd, but it didn't hurt. Once I got home, I noticed that it popped everytime I moved it. I went to bed to sleep it off and it is a little swollen this morning, not much more swollen than it felt by the time I got home yesterday. It isn't swollen to the eye, but it feels swollen, and it still pops with all types of movement. What the hell did I do?
    Ouch. Damn man. I had the same thing happen to me on the bench this evening with my shoulder. It was a loud pop, It didnt hurt or swell up or anything, so I lightened the load and then I got a continuous small popping sound. Everything is fine.

I really dont understand those poppings and crunchy sounds. Lol I sure hate them though.

207 and melting the BF glycomann's Avatar
    glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Death-Mobile View Post
    I gave it a few weeks and it's finally feeling better. I still can't go into a full squat without my right knee feeling like it's going to explode, but it is 80% better. It still pops once in a while, but the popping is going away as it starts to feel better.

Now...how can I change my squat form so that I take the strain away from my knee. I thought I had it down, but I guess I did something wrong on that last rep.

Is it better to have a wider stance? I felt good enough to do some bodyweight squats and it seems with a much wider stance, it takes some strees away from my knees. I'm going to give it a while longer to heal, but I am experimenting with form to see what works best. I did some looking around and everyone has something different to say, but has anyone addressed which form is best for the knees?
    Sounds like you have a meniscus tear. You should get to an orthopedist and have an MRI done,
    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

See Glycoman's corner at: http://www.moarmuscle.com/forumdispl...omann-s-Corner

How would the meniscus tear with a motion such as squatting? My range of motion is slowly comming back. I can go into a full squat now but I still have to keep full bodyweight off of it for it not to hurt. What can be done if it turns out to be the meniscus? My chiropractor says that if something let loose on a surgery-level, it would look a lot worse, feel a lot worse, and also hurt a hell of a lot more.

cornpop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornpop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornpop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornpop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornpop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornpop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had this one time before...with me,there was fluid buildup in my knee,does it hurt?or is it just uncomfortable?With me it was really uncomfortable..it felt like my knee needed to crack to release some fluid...but it went away on it's own after a day and a half to two days.Also it was cracking like mad the day after. Also another point...it was swollen enough that i could see slightly. good luck anyway tho.
    Last edited by cornpop; 10-24-2007 at 11:00 AM.

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)

Knee popping

Hey,
    hope you've recovered by now... but that popping sound was prob a tendon or ligament moving over bone causing the popping. That in itself is not a prob and very common, but since you havent had that condition before and your knee was swollen is cause for concern...and doing a squat rep, it is very difficult to injure your knee aside from an accident or impropper form. Are you positive squatting was the cause? If so, you may have stretched out a ligament or tendon at the base of the rep. By now you should be recovered...if not I would see an ortho surgeon who spec in knees. Dont waste your time or money with any other doctor. And if you have good insurance get an MRI. A good ortho sugeon will be able to tell if there is any major damage by doing a 10 minute test.
    But, if your knee feels fine and you have normal range of motion but still the popping...I would not worry. I tore my ACL and sprained every lig in my right knee. My knee pops all the time.

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    one more thing bro after reading some other comments,
    Meniscus damage mainly occurs from a violent injury that causes the tibia and femur to rub or pound together, like if your knee was bent sideways at about 30 degrees, or by chronic wear and pounding between the joint. Meniscus is just cartilage between the tibia and femur. So I doubt it is your meniscus.
    Since your still in some pain and have swelling and limited range of motion, I would strongly recommend stopping your normal leg rountine. I would R.I.C.E. for 2 more weeks and then begin doing leg presses on machines with very low weight and limited range of motion as well as lunges with low weight. Very low weight!!! Also do some balance drills with the bad knee.
    Only when you have full range of motion and no swelling should you consider starting up again. If after resting and doing those rehab exercises for 1-2 months, I would see somebody if your not healed.
    Dont push it, I am concerned that you are just prolonging your rehab or worsening the injury by fighting through it.

I gave it a good 30 days without running or lifting legs, but I work on my feet for 12 hours a day...It's hard to rest it completely. I did squats and my normal routine this past week and it felt good. It still pops, but not as often, and the swelling has gone down a lot. I've pumped up my omega-3s, MSM, Quercetin, Tumeric, and Bromelain to help with that. My chiropractor has also been working with it, and said that the muscle in my thigh just got really torqued up is pulling my knee out of the normal tracking range. I'm still really careful with squats and I still haven't ran again yet. I'm trying to find something to substitute HIIT sprinting to work up a sweat.

Eclipse23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipse23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im sorry but doesnt rice stand for: rest, ice, compress, elevate (i could be wrong) - i know thats what you do when you roll your ankle though.