icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What keeps you guys motivated and hitting the gym?

I am struggling once again to get in the gym due to being burned out.
    What are your guys' top motivations to get in the gym?
    Please give me some drive guys because I want to keep lifting damnit

drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I motivate myself because through being competitive with myself. I try to improve my strength and physique all the time. Photos and lifting journals help me stay consistent with this.

But if you dont have that.....P-U-S-S-Y...its a great motivator
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by drugzkill

Perhaps a bit crude. But I agree.
    My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over...

mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty_mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    YES!!

If this doesn't motivate you, nothing will. ;-)

Set your goals, make a plan, schedule it, and take action. It's that simple.

If you're stressed, go to the gym, load some weight on the bar, look straight at it, and say out loud (or to yourself if you're shy) with Arnold's accent "You son-of-a-b!tc#!!) and knock out a few reps.

swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to add and activity. Say for instance boxing or a similar combative sport. The more you win, the more you want to lift to become better. And when you lose...well the same thing applys. Just lifting to be lifting can get boring. For me, lifting keeps me competitive.

Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same as what Drugz said, seing progress.

If you're feeling burnt out, the best thing you can do for yourself is to stay away from the gym for a while. You're burnt out because you've probably been overtraining for a while. Take some time off, then come back and try to make progress. Learn how one makes progress on a regular basis. Once you start seeing progress at every workout, motivation won't be an issue anymore.

Dirk

mracer29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My gym is in my living room, If i dont work out I see my equipment just sittin there, then I think what a waste of money it would be not to use it.

Then throw in the stuff like I feel soft if I dont work out regulary and of corse looking good for the ladies is always a plus!!!!!!!!!

KKW135 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What keeps me going is wrestling and I know if I don't workout it could effect my wrestling. But I also workout just because I enjoy it.
    Age-16
    Weight:135(130)
    Height-5'6"
    Bench-225x2(245)
    Power Clean-135x10(185)

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KKW135
    What keeps me going is wrestling and I know if I don't workout it could effect my wrestling. But I also workout just because I enjoy it.
    GOOD FOR YOU!
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) icanrace will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey everyone, thanks a lot for the great replies.
    It sure helps when you have people around like yourselves to help motivate others.
    Thanks again!!

TinCupFanClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A few different things motivate me.

I was always the skinny guy. Grade school, junior high, high school, college...always the skinny weakling. I worked out for basketball during HS, but I didn't do it right nor did I eat worth a crap. I'm 32 now, and as I aged I got a little heavier in the wrong places as most do. Six months ago, I simply decided I didn't want to look that way anymore. It's progressed now into wanting to not be the skinny guy anymore, for people who knew me then to see me one day and say, "Whoa, what happened to you?" At an age where most people let their bodies go to crap, I want mine to look awesome.

It gets discouraging at times because I'm not gaining weight. What's worse, I know the solution is to eat more, but I have 4 mouths to feed on one income, so the food budget doesn't allow me to get the calories I need right now. But I know where I'm going, I know that I'll be able to afford to add to my diet in a few months, and I know that I'll get there eventually.

Of course, an added motivator for me now is that I feel a LOT better than I did before I started working out and eating right. For me it's become a lifestyle change.

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by icanrace
    I am struggling once again to get in the gym due to being burned out.
    What are your guys' top motivations to get in the gym?
    Please give me some drive guys because I want to keep lifting damnit
    I keep motivated because am so far pleased with the changes to my body after seven months of working out and the couple of compliments I have gotten thsu far about losing almost twenty pounds already. Plus I keep thinking about the gorgeous girl that dumped me recently- in my opinion because I was out of shape. Makes me so angry at myself I keep at it so I can get down to prime shape for the first time in my life.

gymrat72004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i don't have anything really, i just go to the gym cause, I love it. I love that feeling when you do bench really heavy and u get that rush of blood that pours out of your chest so fast your arms tingle and your face feels hot. Thats it mainly, i love the pump.

speshulspncr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

^^agreed

Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to achieve ones higher self. Everytime you pop out of the gym muscles slightly sore, arms hanging down like you got two holsters in your side-pockets.. you know your making advancements, if not your learning something about your self, like after 7yrs i'm still trying to figure out how to recover & hit the muscles again correctly

peace

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Weight lifting is my only outlet. When I lift, and I'm on the last set of an exercise, I envision the faces of exes and people have wronged me, sometimes I will grunt their names to myself, and I push or pull with everything I have to the bring of tears. This makes me happy because it gets it out of my system. If i did not lift weights, I'd be breaking things in my house... and the gym membership is cheaper.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Vino24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vino24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vino24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vino24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vino24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vino24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me, it's the summer, it's my buddies that are far more cut than me, and volleyball. I never really lifted, cept my legs for soccer, until college where a lot of the guys on my vball team were lifting. I realized, WTF, I'm not gonna be the 15 1/2 neck 36/37 sleeve gawky kid hangin out with guys doing something with their bodies.......so basically I lifted, got bigger....then I lifted more, and got bigger. Then people noticed...I realized it was worth the effort, and the cycle has continued ever since.....still 15 1/2 36/37, but damn it looks a lot more appealing!