Closed Thread
    Oni5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Peanut Butter and.... Whey?

Picked up some skippy peanut butter today...I would like to get it into my mid morning meal instead of having another whey shake. But, it seems a little low on protein to build a meal around.

So how about this for one of 6 meals?

2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
    1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    mixed in with 1/2 scoop of optimum 100% whey

It'll up the protein content enough to make it meal worthy I think...and with chocolate flavor whey, I think it would taste good too. What do you guys think?

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking YUMMY!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! Peanut Butter

IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    um... lemme get this straight?? your gonna add whey mix to the peanut butter sandwich?
    Brothers stay strong and survive these days. Hold your head up and fucck the shiit they say

LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LordNeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Peanut Butter and.... Whey?

Originally posted by Oni5000
    Picked up some skippy peanut butter today...I would like to get it into my mid morning meal instead of having another whey shake.
    Why not make a shake w/whey and peanut butter? Chocolate whey protein could be quite tasty in that ...

IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it has to be mixed with liquid, i might be incorrect, pretty sure it absorbs with liquid beter
    Brothers stay strong and survive these days. Hold your head up and fucck the shiit they say

Yep, gonna mix it right into the peanut butter. Well, not really mixed, just sorta folded in as much as I can.

Why not just add PB to a shake? My understanding is that when you make a straight whey shake, the whole thing is digested within the hour. So if I add some to my peanut butter as part of a whole food meal, it seems that it would be digested more slowly, giving a more even distribution of protein.

Of course, I could be wrong, but maybe someone has tried it before, or knows why this would or wouldn't work.

BiGMike170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you need to do alittle research bro instead of just coming in here and asking questions try to visit the messege board everyday and go under the link "view new post" and you wouldnt waste thread space... People have said a million times Whey is only good for post workout (right after workout) .... if your taking the whey throughtout the day that is dumb...its just getting burned as energy.....sorry to flame you just .... HELLO....lol

try this as a post workout shake/gainer

2 scoops ice cream ( for a bit of flavour )
    2 cups milk
    2 table spoons peanut butter
    1 large banana
    5 strawberries
    2 scoops whey protein

that is an awesome mix, about 1100 calories, 70 g protein, 45 fat, and a bunch of carbs

that gives u a good mix of casein and whey protein, btw, i use that for a weight gainer, i dont know if its effective as a protein drink as it is over 70 g/protein

Originally posted by BiGMike170
    you need to do alittle research bro instead of just coming in here and asking questions try to visit the messege board everyday and go under the link "view new post" and you wouldnt waste thread space... People have said a million times Whey is only good for post workout (right after workout) .... if your taking the whey throughtout the day that is dumb...its just getting burned as energy.....sorry to flame you just .... HELLO....lol
    I know i'm a newb to the board, but I know how to search, and have read a lot of the back content. I know that whey by itself in a shake absorbs quickly. The whole idea behind adding some to my peanut butter was to enrich a whole food with the idea of slowing down the digestion of the whey.

adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    with the gainer, u sure about adding fats to a post workout shakes?

and any time of the day, i would not have ice cream. i want a mass gainer not a fat gainer

hehe

MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MeImmortal1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know that whey by itself in a shake absorbs quickly. The whole idea behind adding some to my peanut butter was to enrich a whole food with the idea of slowing down the digestion of the whey.

Peanut butter Peanut Butter...I admit I'm addicted to anything having to do with nuts I salivate at the mere thought of peanut butter. The oils and stuff in the all the unnatural peanut butter is not so good if u ask me... Consider this. If you have a blender, u can mix ur whey with not peanut butter, but actual no salt added peanuts. If u leave it in chop mode for a few minutes theyll grind up fine. I like love those big jars fo peanuts, they cost like 2 bucks a jar and I wolf em down like im drinkign a big glass of water..and about as fast. A lot of good protein and almost no carbs at all..and no salt and other hidden ingredients like the butter. I live close to this market called Whole Foods™ too, and they have very inexpenise shlled nuts in bulk, almonds, walnuts, etc...all very good sources of protein. I have tried mixing everything in whey from coffee grinds, to nuts, to oats, to nuts, etc...
    "The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind."

"Enjoyment is not a goal, it is a feeling that accompanies important ongoing activity."

adonis, its not a fat gainer it works well for me, and I dont have it after workout EVER, i only have it sometimes after breakfast or lunch time. It is working for me so far as I have added 3 pounds in the last week alone

1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 scoops ice cream ( for a bit of flavour )
    2 cups milk
    2 table spoons peanut butter
    1 large banana
    5 strawberries
    2 scoops whey protein

God..the dump you must take......

I hope you are an ectomorph with this type of shake.
    Questions? Email me at My65cuda@aol.com

DON'T PM ME

BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Peanut Butter and.... Whey?

Originally posted by Oni5000
    Picked up some skippy peanut butter today...I would like to get it into my mid morning meal instead of having another whey shake. But, it seems a little low on protein to build a meal around.

So how about this for one of 6 meals?

2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
    1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    mixed in with 1/2 scoop of optimum 100% whey

It'll up the protein content enough to make it meal worthy I think...and with chocolate flavor whey, I think it would taste good too. What do you guys think?
    if you wont a body like mistre penut then eat all those peanut butters but if you wont a body like ARnold schwardersxentger then you have to eat all your animals

al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) al4n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BurritoJimmy View Post
    if you wont a body like mistre penut then eat all those peanut butters but if you wont a body like ARnold schwardersxentger then you have to eat all your animals
    Sorry i know this is an old thread but i was just researching peanut butter and well...who the f is this schwardersxentger geezer? and why should i eat all my animals? not much meat on a family of goldfish and 2 parrots

Edit: just in case anyones is reading this whilst very tired that was a joke btw!

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Negged for a useless bump.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BiGMike170 View Post
    big mike I don't necessarily agree... whey can be good any time of day if you are in a pinch... combine it with some slow digesting fats and fiber and it can be a meal replacement for a good 3 hours.

As for the OP and folding the whey into the peanut butter and making a sandwich - yeah I've heard crazier stuff man if that works for you go ahead and do it!
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BurritoJimmy View Post
    Wow strong 7 year bump

Brilliant! who woulda thought to mix PB into my shake ...
    Starting Strength... Again! - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172893

6 Month Beginner Starting Strength Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118409981

the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000)
    The misinformation in this thread is awesome