admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

WEEK ONE :: What Is The Best Mass-Building Workout For Skinny Beginners?

TOPIC: What Is The Best Mass-Building Workout For Skinny Beginners?

For the week of: 9/26 - 10/03
    (Monday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut).

As a respected member of the Bodybuilding.com message board and as a bodybuilder, you get a lot of questions from people that look up to you. Today, it's a skinny kid, who just hours earlier bought his first gym membership after seeing the latest Terminator movie. He is ready to pack on the beef, scare away the bullies, and get the ladies! He is motivated and excited... but has no idea what to do with all the dumbbells, barbells, and odd machines that he sees in front of him in the gym.

What workout program would you design for him so he can gain as much mass as possible in the shortest amount of time? We are not talking about nutrition or supplements right now, just the workout plan. Design a 12-week or longer program, list the exercises, reps, days to do the workout(s), and list some tips for getting the most out of it.

When you are done, he should be able to just print it out and take it to the gym and have all the information he needs to do his workout. (We will add the exercise descriptions and videos for you.)

Let's see what you come up with! Are you really the smart bodybuilder that this kid thinks you are?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $50 in credit to use in our online store and will have their workout posted on our main site for the world to see! We will only be picking one or two winners until this section starts becoming more popular. So, get to work and become famous!

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    Last edited by webmaster; 09-29-2005 at 09:26 AM.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mass Building Workout

I remember being the skinny kid in high school aspiring to put some mass on my lanky frame. I remember fishing for information from several sources: magazines, books, word of mouth (e.g. 'How did you get so huge?!'), and of course the internet. Many beginners in bodybuilding get inudated with this stuff as to which supplements to take, what nutrition, etc, but one of the most important things to consider is your workout routine. You got inspired enough to get yourself a gym membership in pursuit of hugeness, good. I have provided you all with a workout journal for all you beginners.

12 Weeks to Mass Workout Plan

Day 1 (Legs)
    • Barbell Squats (2 warm-up sets, 3 working sets) x 5
    • Stiff Leg Deadlifts x 3
    • Leg Press x 2
    • Standing Calf Raises x 3

Day 2 (Chest Shoulders Triceps)
    • Barbell Bench Press ( 2 warm-up sets, 3 working sets) x 5
    • Military Press x 3
    • Dips x 3

Day 3 (Back Biceps)
    • Deadlifts ( 2 warm-up sets, 2 working sets) x 4
    • Barbell Bent-Over Row x 3
    • Seated Cable Rows x 2
    • Pullups x 2

Tips
    -Strongly emphasize your form. It is no use to do the exercise if you aren't doing it right. You could cause injury to yourself and you will be out of commission for a while, further away from your mass gaining goals.

-All of the reps in each of these exercises are in the 4-6 range. To build mass when you are skinny, you need to emphasize high weight and low volume in your routines.

-Workouts should be between 45 - 75 minutes. Generally your body goes into a slightly catabolic state after 60 minutes of strenuous activity. I know how busy it can be in the gym sometimes and I know how hard it is to get the equipment you need, hence the extra 15 minutes. The way I designed the workout though this routine should take you no more than an hour each workout day.

Here's a few explanations as to why I constructed the routine they way I did.

1) Compound movements. I put a lot of these in the routine because you would be wasting your time being a beginner doing an isolation movement, when you can do one or two excercises that can hit multiple muscles in your body at once. That is the beauty of them. Why do a separate tricep exercise and barbell flies for chest when you can do a barbell bench press or dips and hit both at the same time? See my point?

2) Synergistic muscle groups. On one draft of this workout I called each after legs after their actions: push day for chest,shoulder and tris (as they involve a pushing action for pressing movements), and pull day for back and biceps (hench all the pulls and rows). This is briefly explained above, but my logic here is that you will work both of those muscle groups at once within a workout. Not only that, but they work together to accomplish those heavy lifts you are going to be doing.

3) Three Day Split. Yes I created this routine to give all you ectomorphs the opportunity to get ample rest for your next workout. This can either be a MWF routine or a TRS routine.

Enclosed is a workout sheet to get you all started on a mass building path for the next 12 weeks. Print out three copies for the full 12 weeks. Keep your nutrition, supplements, and rest in check!
    Last edited by sword_; 04-25-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Registered User geriatricmuscle's Avatar
    geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler74.htm

I think this is a great way for all novices to begin, skinny or not. It touches on every aspect of BB. Mass, strength, power, high intensity, volume training, rest periods, etc.. and it breaks it all down to a very simplistic approach. Just print it out, hang it up and follow the instructions. After 16 weeks you will have quite an education and a better physique.

gm

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is a bulking routine I've been using for a good time now. I recieved the original version from DL, however I have modified it to my personal liking. I've gained a good 20 - 25 lbs with this routine and still am seeing steady results. This is by far the best routine I have tried. With a solid diet you are sure to see great results.

MON - CHEST, SHOULDERS, TRICEPS

*CHEST*
    BB Incline press – 3-4 warm-up sets, 1 work set where you struggle to get 5-6 reps = if u get over 6 reps go up by 5 lbs next workout. If you can get 6 reps at new weight, go up by 5 lbs. Don’t go up unless you got 6 reps the last workout.

DB Flat fly – 2-3 warm-ups, then 1 work set of 6-8 reps. Try to get maximum stretch and do it slow. If you get over 8 reps go up by 2.5 to 5lbs next workout. If you can’t get 8 reps, that’s good – go up in reps each workout until you can get over 8 reps at the new weight. Alternate this exercise each week with Incline DB fly’s so you hit upper chest from two positions.

DB Cross bench pullovers – lie on bench with shoulders resting just off bench, and feet spread wide for balance, dip your butt so it’s towards ground. Have a friend hand you a DB and with arms outstretched, holding arms straight and DB with both hands, raise DB until its over chest, then lower DB to ground but don’t touch ground. Get full stretch of upper pecs and upper lats (This will tie them together). Slowly raise DB until directly over chest, and then slowly lower DB to almost touch ground. Same as before 1-2 warm-ups, and one working set of 6-8 reps. Only go up in weight when you get over 8 reps.

Cable crossovers – 1-2 sets for pec stretching. Stand with one upper cable in each hand and pull across chest and down and hold with hands crossed for 3 sec, then hands back up to stretch pecs, and then repeat. Do 6-8 reps.
    You may substitute pec-dec machine for cable crossovers, if your gym has a pec-dec machine.

*DELTS*
    Military press - 2 warm-ups, 1 work set like with incline bench getting your last set in the 6-8 range.

Lateral Fly – 10-12 working sets in 10-12 range. Perform as a drop set (machine laterals are good for drop sets) starting as high as you can and still get 8-10 reps. Next week go up 5-10 lbs on first set but don’t go up the next week unless you can get 10 reps on first set. Once in a while you can go up the ladder in weights using DB’s.

Rear delt machine – 1 warm-up, 1 work set – Do this one week but next week do this exercise.

Seated Row Rear Delt Exercise – Sit in seated row machine, and using a rope through the hook, pull each end of rope until your elbows are up and out to sides and your hands are by your cheeks on your face. You will feel this in your rear delts and the next day. Do 2warmup, one working set.

Wide Grip BB Upright Rows – Grab the bb as far out as you can and slowly raise up along your body until the bb is over your chest and at lower neck level. Then slowly lower weight until arms are fully stretched. Slowly raise bb up your body until at neck level, then slowly lower and repeat. One set should destroy your rear delts if you did one of the other two exercises first.

*TRIS*
    Close Grip Bench – 1-2 warmups, 1 working set in 6-8 range.

Overhead DB Extensions – 1 warm-up, 1 working set in 6-8 range. Only go up in weight when you can get over 8 reps.

Tricep pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set

WED - QUADS, HAMS, CALVES

Squats –3-4 warm-ups starting with 15-20 reps and work down in reps until you can get 1 work set of 5-6 reps. Higher reps, not higher weights, develop bigger quads. Every 4th leg workout try to get 20 reps of a weight you can do 10 reps of.

Leg Press – 2-3 working sets of 15-20 reps. Stop at a weight you can’t get 15 reps of and get it the next workout, then go up in weight. On leg press if you keep your toes just over the edge of the platform, the leg press will work your hams as well as quads.

Hack Squats – one warm-up, one working set of 8-12 reps. Alternate every other week with Smith front squats, one warm-up, one working set of 8-12 reps.

Leg Extension - warmup, one work set

Leg Curl - warm-up, work set

Stiff Leg Deadlift - work set

Standing Calf Raise - work set

FRI - ABS, BACK, BIS

Lat Pull Down – 2-3 warm-ups, one work set in 6-8 range. Alternate wide grip pulldown bar and V-grip handle every other week to get your upper lats.

Deadlift – 3 warm-ups, one work set using higher reps on first sets and lower on last.

BB Bent-Over Rows – (Use the curl grip with palms face up and elbows close into sides) 2 warm-ups of 8-10 reps, then one work set of 6-8 reps.

BB Shrugs In Power Rack Or Using Smith Machine – 135x12 reps standing behind bar, then rest, then 135x12 reps standing in front of bar. Then rest, then 225 x 10-12 reps standing behind bar, then standing in front. Then 315 x 8-10 reps standing in front, then behind bar. Try to get up to 405, then 495. Go up in plates on this exercise each week or each month.

Standing BB Curls – 3 warm-up of 8-12 reps, one work set of 6-8 reps.

Hammer Curls Standing – one warm-up, one work set

Preacher Curl – one work set (Machine preachers are good for this.)

Your first excersise should be a warmup, warmups play a very important factor with this routine. A warmup per excersises allows your body to optimizie the firing of the neuropath ways.
    Example: If you max(a work set) for bench press is 3 plates, then you would do 2 warm-up sets with the bar, 2 warm-up sets of one plate, 1 warm-up set with 2 plates and then your work set with 3 plates. The work set is a set where you want your body to fail during your push/pull motion, idealy at around 6 reps. Every workout you should be doing either more reps or increasing the weight in that work set (remember, the muscle has to do something that it has not done before). So if in one work out you fail at 6 reps, the following nothing less than 7. When you reach around 8 reps for that excersise, the following workout for that excersise set should be an increased weight from the previous, you should note that you have to do a minimal of 4 reps after increaseing the weight, if not you are not ready to increase the weight. Each rep has a tempo of 2-1-1. That is 2 seconds in the negative, one second in the contraction and 1 second in the positive. Then, after you fail in the incline press, you move straight to flat fly. You do not need a warm up now because your chest is more than warm after you failed on presses. And that's it for chest. The basic routine stays the same. If you want variety, small changes as using DB's instead of BB or doing flat press and incline fly for example, is more than enough variety to keep the muscle 'confused'.

Keep in mind a muscle will not grow until it's recovered. A muscle will not begin to recover until the nervous system is recovered. It takes roughly 24hours for the nervous system to recover from a workout, after the nervous system has recovered the muscle will begin to recover as well and grow. This is the very reason why I do not train 2 days in a row.

*Note The very reason why a muscle grows is for the fact that it must "adapt". In order to create a synthetic atmosphere for the muscle to "adapt" one must have the muscle give 100%. Not 90% nor 95%, but 100%. You must train intensely with 100% effort or else you may not grow and the muscle will not "adopt" to this new feeling. Rememeber to stay focused and realize that you are here to complete a job not to waste your own time. Walk into that gym as if you own it. Rip the room apart if need be, just make sure you give everything for that hour. You MUST give 100%. BB is a game of mind over matter, your body will tell you that you are tired and taxed but that is generally only at around 85%, step your game up and bust your ass. This is why you stepped foot into the gym isn't it? This is what you want, isn't it? So give it all you got!
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BTW, Oct. 3rd is my bday, would be a nice present to win :P

lol I'm such a brown noser
    Either way hope someone gets something out of my routine. If you wish to know the diet I use for it, please feel free to PM me.

-BigNorg-
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Size And Strength For Impatient Beginners

Getting started in bodybuilding is really exciting once you learn the possibilities and challenges that it gives you. When I started, I knew I couldn't wait for the next workout to see my weights improve, and for each monday so I could look at the scale and see more poundage, and I am still like that now. Even if I just get 1 or 2 more reps on an exercise compared to last week, that still gets me hungry for more.

I think the key to this is finding a training routine that is fun, simple and intense, such as the one I am going to present in this article. With this program, I am going to address the two things that all bodybuilders, experienced or novice levels, want to add on: size and strength. And we all have one thing in common- we are extremely impatient- we want to get bigger, now!

The program in this article is everything that a beginner needs- simplicity and effectiveness. It is based off of a few principles that have always worked for me, even when I was starting out, and even today.

The Keys to Success in this Program

1) Learning to train heavy

2) Training each muscle at a higher frequency than most programs

3) Keeping strict form and a full range of motion on each exercise

4) Using both low rep and high rep sets to fully develop strength and size

5) Only including the safest possible exercises, because as a beginner the joints are very vulnerable to damage

6) Including fitness-improving cardiovascular activity to give you a good foundation of fitness

The Training Arrangement

This is the training schedule I want anyone on this program to be on for each week. This schedule is ideal for what I want you to accomplish, because it provides a good amount of rest between workouts, allowing the muscles to fully recover, and it minimizes overlap of muscle groups, so that each workout can be done with as much energy as possible. This routine will only change on each fourth week.

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Back, Trapezius
    Day 2: Legs, Calves, Arms
    Day 3: Rest from weights*
    Day 4: Chest, Shoulders, Back, Trapezius
    Day 5: Legs, Calves, Arms
    Day 6: Rest from weights*
    Day 7: Rest from weights*

*On Days 3, 6 and 7, I recommend having no intense weight training. However, since you are just starting to bodybuild, your fitness levels are probably not all that great. This can cause some serious problems.

1) the first one is that the fatigue from this routine will accumulate very quickly if you aren't ready for it, so by doing cardio you can quickly improve fitness levels with a minimal impact on recovery.

2) If your heart isn't very efficient at getting blood around to your muscles, then you will be huffing and puffing after just a set or two, and you wont have as much energy for the rest of your workout.

Sets, Reps, Exercises, Rest Periods and Exercise Tempo- little questions that beginners always have

Trying to explain most of these things to people just starting bodybuilding is difficult. You are going to want to pay close attention to how your body responds to things like more sets, more reps, more rest time, slower reps, and other things based on feel. I mean, if you feel very winded or fatigued right after something, or nautious, it probably isn't good to do too much of it, until you get used to it. So pay attention to those feelings when changing these things around.

Sets

I beleive that is is a good idea to keep the number of sets performed relatively low. I notice that after a workout with very many sets, I feel very fatigued and not good like you should after a workout. You should usually perform 2 or 3 sets per exercise, but that also depends on how many exercises you do.

Reps

The cornerstone of this program is using a big variety of rep ranges to add both strength and mass fast. I recommend the 3-6 rep range for some days and the 6-10 range for others, because both are very good for gaining strength and mass.

Exercises

When anyone talks about a simple routine, they probably are talking about that it has few exercises, and the few exercises that it has are basic movements like deadlifts, pullups, and presses. In this program, you should really stick to exercises like this.

Rest periods (between sets

Going by feel, I have learned that a 2 to 3 minute rest period is generally all that you need. Some muscles will recover faster, or slower though. Just go by instinct on this one, you can easily find out on your own because your breathing will steady and your muscles will feel ready to do another strong set.

Exercise Tempo

It has been proven that the old theories of super slow reps really are incorrect. You should try pushing as hard as you can on the up phase of a rep, and then lower the weight under control, without purposely pausing at any time.

The Program for Impatient Beginners

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Back, Traps- Strength Workout

Flat Bench Press (barbell): 4 sets of 3-6
    Military Press (barbell): 4 sets of 3-6
    Bent over Row (barbell): 4 sets of 3-6
    Barbell Shrug (barbell: 4 sets of 3-6

Day 2: Legs, Calves, Arms- Strength Workout

Squats (all the way down!) (barbell): 4 sets of 3-6
    Stiff legged deadlifts (barbell or dumbbell): 4 sets of 3-6
    Standing calf raise (machine) 4 sets of 3-6
    Standing barbell curl: 3 sets of 3-6
    Close grip bench press (barbell): 3 sets of 3-6

Note for strength days: I know a lot of you beginners want to impress everyone with your max bench press every time you go to the gym. Well, when I say 4 sets of 3-6 on the bench press, I don't mean go in there with a spotter, and have him do half of the work for you. I want you to be honest with yourself- you can have someone to help, but if they touch the weight you are using even a little bit, you can't count the rep.

You need to be really strict about this with yourself. For example, I put a friend of mine on this program, and every strength day on bench press he would put his max on the bar, and do one rep, and have me spot him for 5 more. I kept telling him to lighten the weight so he could actually get results, but he didnt listen. A good way to make sure that you aren't like my friend was is if you take a weight and try to make all 4 sets with it in the same number of reps. Getting 4 sets of 4 with the same weight really doesn't allow you to let your ego take over. This goes for all exercises too, not just the bench press.

Day 3: Cardio

15 to 30 minutes of activity at least, but don't kill yourself if you don't have to to over this. Make sure it is something that gets you breathing hard though, like a game of flag football or something

Day 4: Chest, Shoulders, Back, Traps- Size workout

Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 sets of 6-10
    Decline Dumbbell Press: 2 sets of 6-10
    Dumbbell Military Press: 2 sets of 6-10
    Lat Pulldowns: 2 sets of 6-10
    Single arm DB row: 2 sets of 6-10
    Row to neck (cable): 2 sets of 6-10

Day 5: Legs, Calves, Arms- Size Workout

Barbell Front Squat: 3 sets of 6-10
    Stiff leg deadlift (barbell or dummbbell): 3 sets of 6-10
    Seated calf raise (machine) 2 sets of 6-10
    Preacher curl (free weight) 3 sets of 6-10
    Lying tricep extension (barbell) 3 sets of 6-10
    Days 6 & 7: Cardio

See Day 3

Every 4th week

Every fourth week, I want you to do me a favor and train a little bit less. I am going to cut back the workouts to only two this week, with the other days for rest or cardio. This program is a pretty heavy work load, so taking one week every now and then to ensure that your body is fully recovered is smart. I don't include low rep workouts this week because they are extremely taxing on the joints, so this week will also clear out any joint pains that you may be feeling. Here is the program for every fourth week:

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Back, traps

Bench Press (barbell) 4 sets of 6-10
    Military press (barbell) 4 sets of 6-10
    Bent over row (barbell) 3 sets of 6-10
    Lat pulldowns (cable) 2 sets of 6-10
    Barbell shrugs (barbell) 2 sets of 6-10

Day 4: Legs, Calves, Arms

Barbell squats (barbell) 4 sets of 6-10
    Stiff leg deadlift (Barbell or dumbbell) 4 sets of 6-10
    Standing calf raise (machine) 4 sets of 6-10
    Barbell curls (barbell) 4 sets of 6-10
    Close grip bench press (barbell) 4 sets of 6-10

Days 2,3,5,6 & 7

Rest or cardio

Now bring it to the gym!

Okay, to all of you impatient beginners out there, I know this was a bit long, but sometimes patience is a good thing. Luckily, with this program I think that you will be satisfied with your results, and patience won't be an issue. You will get bigger and stronger with this simple plan. As you go on, be sure to use experience to figure out what you should and shouldn't do in the weight room, try out new exercises, don't be afraid of machines now and then, eat like there won't be any food tomorrow and have fun getting big.

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

A Mass Building Workout For Beginners - Part 1

A Mass Building Workout For Beginners

When starting out being a skinny bodybuilder is a good base to start off on. The main focus of a skinny beginner is to always get bigger and gradually add mass to his frame. One of the best way to stimulate growth is to train with a serious mind set of what he/she is doing. One of the best basic workouts for building mass would be to start lifting heavy with low/moderate rep ranges. Using a lot of compound movements and little single joint (isolation) exercises to get bigger.

Why do you get bigger from lifting heavier?

One of the common myth’s I hear a lot is lifting heavy will not do much for size, well this is true and false. People who train **** heavy for 3 lifts may not be as big as some bodybuilders. But some are, a lot of them eat a lot and lift heavy 24/7 and most have good genetics. I see plenty of guys who do this and diet down and enter bodybuilding shows and just crush their competitors. Rep ranges usually would be around 4-8 reps per set (a side from warm-up sets). Lifting more weights will tear the muscle fibers (what you want) instead of doing less weight and tearing less fibers. Now to make sure grow will occur you have to have proper nutrition to fully recover the torn muscle to grow and get bigger and stronger then before. This is the #1 reason why nutrition is important with a solid workout to grow bigger in the beginning.

What split should you use?

There are plenty of different ways to split your workouts and muscle groups in the week. Many people do basic 3-day splits (which is 3 workouts to work the entire body). Many like to do 6-day splits and working 1-2 muscles each workout. Many of these work well and don’t for many people. Recovery issues come to play when figuring a split and the right training split. Many with good recovery time would use more workouts to work the muscles instead of less workouts to work the same muscles. Many like to workout each body part twice a week (which should be used in advanced training later on) which I don’t recommend for beginning.

Muscle Groups

Here is a list of muscle groups that you will want to work each workout day.

Chest
    Back (thickness, width)
    Thighs (hamstrings, quadriceps)

Biceps
    Triceps
    Deltoids
    Abdominals
    Forearms
    Calves

Chest:

Exercises:

• Flat Bench Press
    Many bodybuilders don’t like this exercise due to how much they feel it doesn’t work the chest. This is a compound exercise that works the chest, triceps, and anterior deltoids. I have felt a beginner should always start with the basics. I used this exercise when I began and I had pretty good results with it. So I always add it because of personal experiences, but if someone feels they’re not growing enough from it, I would switch it to dumbbells instead.

• Incline Press
    This exercise stresses more of the upper pectorals of the chest. It is a good exercise to use in your training program and should always be used to your advantage. Another good thing to use with this is dumbbells, every now and then if you need to switch over use dumbbells. Dumbbells will help you get a better range of motion (ROM), which are very useful in training.

• Decline Press
    This is one of the exercises that has been lost in the past couple of years. No one seems to ever use it and that is one problem with today’s average training. This is one of the greatest exercises to add more stress to the lower pectorals. Using dumbbells with the is another option for variety and a better range of motion.

• Dips
    Another good exercise to add to your training is chest dips. This will really bring out your lower pectorals and making your chest look a lot fuller. Another good compound exercise to use every workout.
    • Push ups
    Although most people don’t use this exercise as much, I always suggest to beginners that they try them. It’s a great exercise to pump up and tear the muscle fibers and is a good exercise to improve on.

Back:

Exercises:

• Deadlift
    One of the best back builders is the deadlift. This is an exercise that should always be used with lower rep ranges and heavy weights. This exercise is really good for developing the lower back as well. Deadlifts will also improve back thickness which is one of the factors that makes a good back.

• Barbell Rows
    Another good back thickness exercise is basic barbell rows. This exercise is one of the best exercises used in back training and should always be used to develop the lats of the back.

• Pull ups
    One of the basic compound exercises should be added to your workout regime as well. This exercise should be the first exercise you do in a back workout. If you can do more then 12 reps with your body weight, add weight to it. Good in developing width in the lats.

• Lat Pull downs
    Another good exercise to develop and widen the lats is lat pull downs. This exercise is a great beginning exercise to strength the lats and improve over development.

Thighs:

Exercises:

• Squats
    The best thigh developer is the basic squat. This stresses the quadriceps and is a great mass builder. If you can go real deep on squatting without sacrificing form do that. If you can go to parallel, do that. It all depends on your abilities right now. When you get the hang of it, it will be easier to go deeper when squatting.

• Lunges
    Another good exercise to use to develop the quadriceps and hamstrings are lunges. Great way to add mass and develop mass in the thighs.

• Leg Curls
    To further develop the hamstrings is to use leg curls. Just a basic single joint movement to add more mass to the hamstrings.

Biceps:

Exercises:

• Barbell Curls
    The overall mass builder for developing good biceps is the basic barbell curl. Use shoulder width for this exercise when gripping the barbell. You will most likely feel a pain in the forearms when using this exercise. Make sure to set the bar down slower so you don’t get as much pain. You can also use a EZ-Bar to take stress of the forearms.

• Incline Dumbbell Curls
    This exercise by far is great for creating more peak to the biceps. Doing this exercise heavy will greatly develop the biceps then most exercise. Great for adding mass.

• Chin ups
    Many don’t understand how this exercise works the biceps. It works the biceps because it is a compound exercise. Underhand grip and pulling yourself up is a great way to add more mass to the biceps.

Triceps:

Exercises:

• Close-Grip Press
    This exercise is one of the best mass builders for triceps. Develops all the heads with a heavy weight and stimulating the muscle into growth. Weird movements, but you’ll get the hang of it a few weeks after doing them.

• French Press
    Another good exercise is basically extending the triceps at a different angle. Great developing exercise for the three heads of the triceps.

• Dips
    Heavy dips are another good mass building exercise for the triceps. When training the triceps, heavy compounds are the only way to go.
    Last edited by Squats; 10-02-2005 at 06:16 PM.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

A Mass Building Workout For Beginners - Part 2

Deltoids:

Exercises:

• Barbell Shoulder Press
    Some of the best movements to hit the deltoids are mainly heavy compound presses. You can go a lot heavier on presses then regular raises causing more stimulation to the deltoids.

• Push Press
    Another over head press were you can add a lot more weight and stimulating the deltoids more then regular seated overhead presses. Good exercise to develop the deltoids.

• Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    For more variety and stabilizer muscles being used, try these. With dumbbells you get a lot better range of motion (ROM) which develops the deltoids better.

• Side laterals
    The only raising movement I suggest for deltoids is side laterals. Most overhead presses don’t hit the medial deltoid as much as anterior and posterior deltoids.

Abdominals:

Exercises:

• Crunch
    One of the basic exercises to work the abdominals is the crunch. Just a basic contraction to stimulate growth.

• Oblique Crunch
    Side bends are one exercise that can ruin your v-taper, that is why I suggest you use a oblique crunch instead to keep your v-taper and still have obliques.

• Knee Raises
    For lower abdominal work, just simple leg raises are enough to hit them. Crunches don’t hit the lower abdominals as much as knee raises will.

Forearms:

Exercises:

• Wrist Curls
    Just the basic wrist curl is enough to help stimulate growth in the forearm. Most the time it gets worked when doing back exercises. This exercise is good because it is safer then others.

• Reverse Wrist Curls
    Another exercise to stimulate the other side of the forearm. Again another safe exercise and is also worked by other exercises performed with different muscle groups.

Calves:

Exercises:

• Calf Raises
    Whether it is standing, seated, or donkey calf raises, those are all you need to stimulate growth for the calves. many people grow from high rep ranges and serious weights to make the calves pop out.

Traps:

Exercises:

• Shrugs
    he traps get a lot of stimulation from other exercises, but the basic exercise for traps are shrugs. I recommend barbell or dumbbell shrugs and keep it at that.

The Workout

Monday: Chest, Triceps, Abs
    • Bench Press 3 sets 4-6 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
    • Incline Press 3 sets 4-6 reps
    • Push ups 2 sets failure
    • Close-Grip Press 3 sets 8 reps
    • French Press 3 sets 8 reps
    • Dips 2 sets failure
    • Crunches 5 sets 25 reps

Wednesday: Back, Biceps, Forearms
    • Pull ups 2 sets failure
    • Deadlift 3 sets 4 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
    • Barbell Rows 3 sets 4-6 reps
    • Lat Pull downs 3 sets 8 reps
    • Barbell Curls 3 sets 8
    • Dumbbell Incline Curls 3 sets 8 reps
    • Wrist Curls 2 sets failure
    • Reverse Wrist Curls 2 sets failure

Friday: Legs, Deltoids
    • Squats 3 sets 4-6 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
    • Lunges 3 sets 4-6 reps
    • Leg Curls 3 sets 8 reps
    • Barbell Shoulder Press 3 sets 4-6 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
    • Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 sets 4-6 reps
    • Side Laterals 3 sets 8 reps
    • Calf Raises 4 sets failure

Basic Nutrition
    Now remember don’t always expect that your training will make you grow. When you lift you stimulate your muscles and your nutrition recovers them making them grow and get stronger. Proper nutrition is always your #1 key when starting bodybuilding. Especially when your skinny, you diet will determine 9/10 of whether your going to gain weight or not.

Information for Safety

1. Always work on form before you add weight. Make sure to get all your lifts down and have good form before you start lifting.
    2. Make sure when you do this workout that you always have a spotter or a power rack with you to insure yo don’t get hurt.

List of exercises and how to perform them...Exercise Guide
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000)

Ravadongon's Entry...

Attached Files

Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is my 2 cents on the topic. GOOD LUCK!
    Attached Files

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good articles everyone, I think there will be 2 winners at least this week

Originally Posted by sword chucks
    good articles everyone, I think there will be 2 winners at least this week
    Hopefully.

I trying to become a writer for Bodybuilding.com and I thought I might as well get started here and stuff. Probably help my chances too.

Best of luck!
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yep...mine wasn't as comprehensive, but I think I hit the points well.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can't really take full credit for this one as I believe I adapted it from (don't quote me) a Peloquin program posted a while back on one of the boards but this works REAL well. It's a preparation to get a new lifter ready for dual factor training. Builds strength in core lifts, teaches strict form, sets up a great foundation, and it's relatively simple so it can be done easily and with basic equipment.

Monday – Heavy Day
    Squat – 5 sets of 5
    Bench – 5 sets of 5
    Bent Rows – 5 sets of 5
    2 sets of light goodmornings x15
    4 sets of weighted Sit-ups

Wednesday – Light Day
    Squat – 4 sets of 5
    Incline Bench – 4 sets of 5
    Deadlifts – 4 sets of 5
    Sit-ups – 3 sets

Friday - Medium
    Squat – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
    Bench – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
    Bent Rows – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple
    Close-grip bench – 3 sets of 5-8

* On Monday, the weight for each lift is increased on each set of 5, from a light warm-up to an all out set of 5. The weight should be increased evenly from your first to last set.

* On light day, Squat the first 3 sets of 5 just as you did on Monday, and then do a fourth set of 5 with the same weight. Incline bench is done using the same scheme, working up to 2-3 sets of 5, but with about 70-80% of the weight flat bench. Deadlifts are done heavy, by feel.

* On Friday, the first four sets are the same as they were on Monday. The fifth set, done for three reps, should be a jump of about 2.5% over what you did for your fifth set on Monday. The goal is to come back the following Monday and get the same weight for 5 reps that you got for 3 reps the Friday before. After the big triple, drop back to the weight you used for your 3rd set and try to get eight reps.

* Bi/tri work should be done heavy but fast. About one minute or so rest in between sets.
    Last edited by Blk98Bird; 10-05-2005 at 04:41 PM.
    Diehard for Chicago and Illini sports

belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belmont316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

alright heres my .02...this kid just saw terminator and wants to get big and youre giving him a lesson in anatomy? that will scare away any beginner and really extinguish his fire. this is my routine, for the beginner...i shall call it the bread and butter, the basics of big! haha.

ok so to start him out...

Week 1-4 - (should be heavy but light enough to learn proper form!!)

Day 1

Optional:
    slam top of head into locker and slap face x 1

Bench Press 3 x 10
    Dumbbell Press 3 x 10
    Crossovers 3 x 10

Squats 3 x 10
    Leg Press 3 x 10
    Hamstring Curls 3 x 10

Day 2 rest and read bodybuilding.com nutritional articles

Day 3

Optional:

when u pass mirror, mean mug yourself then lurch at yourself, &say "WHAT B*TCH???" while flexing pec x 1

Standing EZ bar curls 3 x 10
    Dumbell Curls 3 x 10
    Hammer Curls 3 x 10
    Pull-ups to failure.

Tricep rope push-downs 3 x 10
    2-hand overhead dumbell tricep push up (lol@name i gave that) 3 x 10
    skull crushers 3 x 10
    Dips until failure!

Day 4 Rest (watch motivational movies)

Day 5

Optional: While in car at gym turn up music and scream as loud as possible x 1

Bent Over Rows 3 x 10
    Seated Rows 3 x 10
    Back Flys on Chest fly machine 3 x 10
    LAT BAR 3 x 10

Military Press 3 x 10
    Dumbell Military Press 3 x 10
    Dumbell shrugs 3 x 10
    Behind the back olympic bar shrugs 3 x 10

Day 6-7 EAT BIG. SLEEP BIG. (visit bodybuilding.com to learn more, and watch UFC HITS VOLUME 1&2)

Alright continue that workout for a month, just to work on form, develop your basic muscles with basic compound exercises, and motivational techniques(which should be a part of any mans routine) adding AT LEAST 5 lbs your max set every week!!

Week 4-8

This week CAKE ON MORE WEIGHT

Day 1

Optional: Admire new growth in mirror x 3

bench press 3 sets 6 reps (last set done until failure for all exercises)
    incline 3 x 6
    decline 3 x 6

squats 3 x 6
    hack squats 3 x 6
    leg press (use different machine than last month) 3 x 6

day 2 search bodybuilders.com to find admirable physiques/rest

Day 3

optional: pretending youre boxing yourself in the mirror for 10 seconds (incorporate punching and ducking movements)

Standing EZ Bar curls 3 x 6 (last set to failure)
    Hammer Curls
    Preacher Curls
    Pull ups to failure x 2

Close Grip Bench(if ur pecs are still sore quit cryin p*ssy)
    Tricep pulley push downs with bar
    Reverse grip tricep pulley pull downs with bar
    Dips until failure x 2

Day 4 (research creatine/no2/whey protein)

Day 5

Bent over Rows(machine u lay down on) 3 x 6 (last set to failure always for all exercsies!!! u want to get big rite?)
    Bent over Dumbell Rows 3 x 6
    Lat bar 3 x 6
    use close grip handle on lat machine again 3 x 6

Military Press 3 x 6
    Dumbell military 3 x 6
    use low pulley and pull bar to chin 3 x 6

Day 6-7 watch more U.F.C, K1, and Pride FC

Week 8-12

by now the new lifter should know what hes capable of! with that in mind...

START EACH LIFT WITH THE HEAVIEST WEIGH U CAN GET AT LEAST 7-10 X AND DONT WHINE ABOUT NOT BEING SURE HOW MUCH THAT IS JUST F'IN DO IT MAN OR GO HOME AND CHANGE UR DIAPERS.

then after you do that!

next set 2 reduce weight like 25% (dont bust out a calculator just estimate moron) and do that weight until failure no matter how many reps!!!

then set 3 reduce the weight 25% and do that until total failure! no matter how many reps!!!then briskly move onto the next exercise!! >!

and if u really got chonies do a 4th set with a really light weight and go hog wild.

Day 1

Chest/Biceps PICK 3 OF UR NEWLY LEARNED EXERCISES for each muscle group and do them like i just said to!

Day 2 - rest yadda yadda watch rocky or something

day 3 - Legs.Shoulders - do 3 exercsies for each
    day 4 - buy some boxing gloves for the weekend

day 5 - BACK/TRICEPS 3 exercises each muscle group

day 6-7 sleep big. eat big. think big

Side note:-----------------------------------------------------

NOW, for you so called bodybuilding gurus, i know you may feel inclined to rip apart my advice with a particular glee. smugly thinking, OH this guys a moron i read that (insert useless advice you read). However for putting on mass like the kid who just watched terminator i think this covers all bases. I think the most important thing to the new lifter is learning a new credo; gaining a new lease on life. when I first started lifting i was using BFS - Bigger, Faster, Stronger. and i just loved that name, thats what i wanted to be!!! The body adapts to ANY punishment u give it and you will grow as long as you push it! give it rest and FEED IT WELL you will get big. i dont really believe u reaaaly have to change ur work out that often because i dont believe in plateus thats just something p*ssies say when they dont have the godamn balls to pick up a weight 5 lbs heavier and the motivation to put it up. end of story.

Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syava7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First what we gona do is to change your motivation.For me all what i need is videos like a youtube "mrzhasni" and good music.Second we gona do a real strench work!Third we gona eat much more.We gona train a shin harder.And now take a look at a program,we gona train 3 days per week:Monday,Fridey and Sunday

Monday Sets Reps
    Sqad 1 4
    Draft in a slope 4 4
    Bench Press 3 6
    Biceps Curl 4 5
    Military Press 4 maks
    GHR 4 20
    Rises on socks sitting 6 maks

Friday

Deadlift 1 6
    Shrugs with dummbell 1 8
    Narrow bench press 2 5
    pusch ups from fitbol 2 8
    sqad 3 8
    pull ups
    rises on socks costing
    Twistings on fitbol

Sunday

Bensh press 4 4
    pull ups with weight 4 4
    rumanian deadlift 3 10
    military press 3 6
    sqad 3 6
    biceps curl sitting 3 12
    rises on socks sitting 3 30

Congrats on your new muscle kilograms! Syava7

Ricobar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi I like this workout routine going to use it this week will have to subsistute some of my exercises due to injuries

makin all kinds o' gains mh1985's Avatar
    mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by belmont316 View Post
    Optional:
    slam top of head into locker and slap face x 1

...when u pass mirror, mean mug yourself then lurch at yourself, &say "WHAT B*TCH???" while flexing pec x 1
    lol will incorporate this from now on

marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcHULK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Will this program benefit me in terms of size gains with my stats? I am a beginner and I am currently doing starting strength.

wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantzmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marcHULK View Post
    Will this program benefit me in terms of size gains with my stats? I am a beginner and I am currently doing starting strength.
    There's another thread right below this one in the Workout of the Week section on Best Workout for Beginners. I think that's the one you want to check out.

lawdog3406 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    Yep...mine wasn't as comprehensive, but I think I hit the points well.
    i think yours was well written not only did you explain the exercise, but why you do it and simple to understand. my issue is that i am a fat guy, would you have created the same training program for a fat guy but perhaps a lower calorie diet, or even lower intake?

justinp2121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Which one ended up winning this???

BicepsPeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys, for those beginners of you who are looking for a muscle building workout I'd like to share a site with you - boostyourmusclestoday.com. You'll get a free report which is quite helpful how to train plus you get a frequent email with insights and tipps about how to train. It helped me to stay motivated and to learn the basics of training. It might could help you so just check it out, it's free anyway though