TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How is this 6 day split for the summer? Is six days too many?

Hey guys I would like your opinions on my 5 day split. I will be running four days a week for 20 minutes in the morning (a real light jog) and 20-30 minutes towards the evening (a little more intense).

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Calves, shoulders/traps and Abdominator's ab workout
    Wednesday: Biceps
    Thursday: Triceps and Abdominator's ab workout
    Friday: Rest (I have a bmx bike race on friday nights)
    Saturday: Quads, hamstrings and weighted crunches
    Sunday: Back

Is this a good split or should I go to a five day split? I would like to keep legs for Saturdays or Sundays because squats are pretty tough lol and I would like to be able to compete in my race.

Thanks guys, TVbuster.
    P.S. the number one thing I want are my abdominals to show thats why I am trying to keep up the cardio.

Baldeagle79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baldeagle79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baldeagle79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6 Day Split

Are you able to recover that fast with only one day off? I am doing a 5 day workout, and I take Saturday and Sunday off only. People think I'm a little nuts for it, but I recover fine (protein, plus I'm still fairly young, 25).

If you're trying to bulk up, and you're not seeing a lot of gains, I would go to a 5 or 4 day routine, especially since you're doing all of that cardio. Doing things like your BMX racing will also work your legs, back, etc. I know if I did a race like that I would be definitely sore the subsequent days because it's so different than anything I do.

I go with the following routine (but I'm not suggesting it's better by any means, b/c everyone is different):
    Monday - Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday - Back/Biceps (and some cardio to warm up, 30 minute job)
    Wednesday - Shoulders/Legs (having just done arms, it doesn't really harm the shoulders if you do the proper form, etc)
    Thursday - Biceps/Triceps (arms is my strength, and if I definitely have to get second set of Bi's and Tri's each week because I recover in that part fairly quickly) ...Thursdays also start with a 30 minute cardio jog warmup
    Friday - Chest/Back Superset Blowout! This one is a fast paced workout with NO rest in between sets. I do a set of flat bench dumbbell and then immediately do some T-Bar rows, and then go back and forth without rest. There are other workouts too, but you get the idea. I don't Max out on fridays by any means.

On the weekends, I am pretty much fully recovered, and ready to go heavy on Monday with Chest/Triceps again.

If you're feeling strong and noticing some good gains, stick with what works for you. Everyone is different, as I said. Just make sure you're giving it your all on each set. Each rep is where you make gains, really. I always go until failure, too. That's important.

TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TVbuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Baldeagle, I think that I will try what you said. I will try out the six day thing and if it doesn't seem to be working or I am too tired I will change it.

Any other thoughts?

DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do a 3 day split twice a week so I only have 1 day of complete rest each week. It works well for me but alot of people can't train like this. It all depends on your personal recovery time. Try your split and see how it works for you. If you make gains keep it. If you don't, switch it.
    If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?