duece123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duece123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duece123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

db excersizes touch db's at top?

when doing db presses(shoulder of chest) do you guys touch the db's together at the top of the movement?
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!!
    here we come orange bowl.....oh wait we got screwed!!!!

Lifting is the only sport that you can kick your own A$$ at and enoy it....

DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some people do, some don't. I don't think it really makes much of a difference either way. Just personal preference.
    If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?

Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Originally Posted by duece123
    when doing db presses(shoulder of chest) do you guys touch the db's together at the top of the movement?
    i dont personally, i actually find it very annoying when ppl slam the dumbells together at the top,

Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ah_Ha! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Believe it or not, it's good to do, from a form and concentration standpoint. It helps to stay focussed on what you're doing. At least in my own and some pals' experience. Doing so also ensures you're squeezing the muscles tight at the top. There's a difference between a small 'tap' and a !CLANK! though lol...Slow the weight down a little once you get it up there to get the small 'tap', w/o irritating the fella's around you.

Some people don't care to think much about it, but a little mind to muscle 'connection' goes a long way for a truely satisfying workout.

rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rng916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only time I touch is when I rotate the db's at the top so my palms are facing toward my head.

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by duece123

for the love of god....DO NOT clank the DBs together....its considered a cheat rep, not to mention it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING !!!!

your motion should be exactly the same as if you were holding a barbell
    Last edited by Mikey1; 05-09-2005 at 12:05 PM.

CaptainQuint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQuint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQuint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQuint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQuint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQuint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mikey> that's not right. The chest's function is to bring the arms foward and together. It's perfectly fine to bring the dumbells closer together.

Per principle, the rep is not approved if the DB's don't touch. But in reality, it makes very little diffrence for anything - strength, mass, whatever.

jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jotec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would say bring them together but dont let them touch. it gives some of your muscles a little break.
    "To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance."
    -Buddha

gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymaddict01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont slam them together, i touch them together, barely makes a noise.
    If one person goes out at does something special to accomplish their dreams it affects thousands.

Those with the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action.

Kappa Sigma
    Omicron Chi- Alpha class
    4-28-2007

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you touch the dumbells together you are essentially taking stress of your shoulders. With any pressing movement you want to keep constant tension on the targeted muscle for maximum stimulation. When you do bench presses or variations of military presses with dumbells you waste your time by bring dumbells together in my opinion. It is almost as if you are resting the muscle at the top of the movement. What's even worse is locking out in your elbows. I see so many dudes in the gym pushing wieght they can't control and sacrifice constant tension with locking out or bringing their dumbells together. It's a waste of energy and in my opinion a waste of workout.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i touch them together on exercises cause it helps me to keep a rhythm going. i don't slam them together just a lil touch and then perform another rep. this is my personal preference to workout like this.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    personal preference
    <->

DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DUILEE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How does bringing the DB's together at the top of the movement take tension off the target muscle? Its harder to lock out your elbows when the DB's are right next to each other rather than if they were spaced out. Once again, this is a matter of personal preference. Tapping the DB's together or keeping them apart will not determine the effectiveness of the lift, period.
    If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?

NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NaturalBB4Life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No b/c it takes tension off the targeted muscle when u touch them. Stop just before they touch and feel the squeeze.

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DUILEE
    How does bringing the DB's together at the top of the movement take tension off the target muscle? Its harder to lock out your elbows when the DB's are right next to each other rather than if they were spaced out. Once again, this is a matter of personal preference. Tapping the DB's together or keeping them apart will not determine the effectiveness of the lift, period.
    Having you ever taken a elementary college level physics class? If you did, you would understand why locking your elbows out or bringing the dumbells together would cause less force applied to the targeted muscle then the converse postulation. This may be personal preference as far as execution goes, but I am sure those who did not lock out or bring the dumbells together are stimulating their muscles a lot more, thus acheiving a better workout.
    Last edited by deserusan; 05-09-2005 at 11:16 PM.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalBB4Life
    No b/c it takes tension off the targeted muscle when u touch them. Stop just before they touch and feel the squeeze.
    Bull****. The function of the chest is to bring the arms together, if you touch the dumbbells together you should in theory be putting MORE tension on the chest, not less.

Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by deserusan
    Having you ever taken a elementary college level physics class? If you did, you would understand why locking your elbows out or bringing the dumbells together would cause less force applied to the targeted muscle then converse postulation. This may be personal preference as far as execution goes, but I am sure those who did not lock out or bring the dumbells together are stimulating their muscles a lot more, thus acheiving a better workout.
    Ignore him, deserusan. DUILEE doesn't know the difference between beta carotene and Vitamin A.

NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I try not to. I feel like that I dont have control when I do that. I get them as close as possible without touching.